It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Bezos makes over $11 million PER HOUR

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I think that how a company treats its employees says a lot about its ethics. A lot of large companies like Wal-Mart are relying on the government to subsidize their employee's wages. These are people who are working full-time but cannot afford to pay the bills and eat without assistance. They are probably already rooming with people to save money or have some sort of alternative living situation set up.

Is it going too far to force companies to pay for the government assistance their employees need? I think it might be, it could make the liberals look too extremist. It could also result in big companies lobbying against government assistance, hoping to take it away from people who need it so that they don't have to pay for it anymore.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I live in Seattle, and I've worked with numerous Jeff Bezos owned companies over the last decade, and trust me, they have a significant amount of their workforce make VERY good wages (on the corporate side), well over 6 figures per year. Yes, warehouse workers aren't paid that much, but find me ANY company where warehouse workers are becoming wealthy due to the work they produce? Jeff built his companies, he took on the risk, he is rich (on paper) due to his stocks & how well the company is doing. I give him all the credit in the world for having the vision he had back in the mid 90's. He will be one of the most brilliant business models to follow for many years/decades to come.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
WTF? Please tell me you aren't serious.

He's being sarcastic and making a very valid point.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

It's all stock. If Amazon stock plummets he loses it all.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
amazon is one of the better paying companys they do not pay minimum wage and most places that warehouse worker job is a good living wage

on the west coast 15 a hr is barly a living wage ... thats not amazons fault almost everywhere else 15 a hr is a really good wage

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Does the system serve the people or do people serve the system? Smells like slavery to me.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Go back to sleep and keep consuming, the world isn’t crazy it was just a bad dream.
You are feeling sleepy
Sleepy
Sleepy
321 and your out.

/sarc

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

That seems fair, right? If a massive company is so successful that its CEO earns over $11 million EVERY HOUR, surely it can afford to pay its employees a livable wage?

Not this nonsense again.

He doesn't make that money in an hour, what he is worth, his investments are increasing at a rate never seen before.

His pay from Amazon is a few million a year, not 11 million an hour.

Regardless, let's do some math. $11,166,666 (what Jeff Bezos earns EVERY HOUR) divided by 341,000 (the number of Amazon employees) comes out to between 32 and 33. What does this mean? It means that Jeff Bezos could increase the hourly wage of EVERY EMPLOYEE by $32 and still earn a six-figure salary.

Now this is just plain stupid.

He doesn't earn that much every hour from his pay as being CEO of Amazon.

The average Amazon employee making $15 per hour could have his or her wage increased to $47 per hour, or over $90,000 per year for full-time work, and Jeff Bezos would still be filthy rich.

Absolutely clueless.

This was a thread just a few weeks ago,

Why is so hard to understand that he doesn't earn that much but has investment in google, a large chunk of amazon shares and most likely stock in other corporations that are doing well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join