It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is Christianity So Insisting?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Lady, I am honered that you'd call me sugs. That is a term of endearment with which I have not been labelled before and I find it cute as a button!

If you look at this particular thread, you will see who fired the first shot in this battle. This thread was not started by a Christian, nor is it a thread that is "Christian-friendly", so the truth of the matter is that you honestly do know who fired the first shot.

If it is acceptable to "convert" people to Christian-bashing at this site, it is also acceptable to convert people to Christianity, and if you will notice, this thread has been moved to the particular forum in which it belongs; a non-conspiratorial forum.

Lady, you may feel that you have been insulted by me stating that if it is not of God then it is of Satan, but that is your own problem as that is the word of God. Don't like it? Take it up with the Creator, not me. After all, if you are insulted enough by the thought that your belief is inspired by the anti-hero of my faith, you must believe in my faith enough to also believe that my Creator exists. Otherwise, why would you find insult?

Sure, Doll, there are people who turn everything into a sermon, but at the same time (as witnessed by this thread) there are more than enough people who find continuous reasons to attack Christians, even though we attack nobody, behead nobody, crucify nobody; only witness to people and then move on to the next non-believer. Are you saying that the Christian-bashers should have free reign while the Christians be muzzled? Wrong answer, snook'ems

Is there supposed to be an apostrophe between the k and the e? We didn't cover that particular word in Grammar class.

[edit on 23-2-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Sugs....I still, right now, can't tell you who started this thread.....as to my belief, as I have said before, I do believe in a god but not the way you do, I believe the bible holds truths...but no the way you do.....I don't feel that I Christian bash, I speak my mind and that of course is fine for all faiths, and we debate back and forth, and I have learned a lot fro these debates and I have thought a lot about many things and i have even made a few rearrangements here and there in a couple of my thoughts..... I don't get really bothered until someone starts preaching at me, and I get bothered by those that really, honestly don't have too much to say other than quote verse and tell people how their way is the way....I'm sorry, but I just don't feel as if a conspiracy debate board is the place to do your preaching....for one, most people turn off immediately, they don't listen to it so it's not converting anyone....

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Sweetheart, if you'll look at the bottom-left corner, you'll see a row of numbers, starting with the number one. Click it and you'll be taken back to the beginning of this thread and you'll see the beginning; the opening volley.

As far as you in specific, I apologize for not using the term one instead of you. I read a response and then I respond to the concept, not the individual person in regard to the material of the discussion. My poor communication skills is not a good excuse but it is the only reason I have for any misunderstanding.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Lady V I dont understand how someone as closeminded and qute frankly bigoted as you are can have the gall to try and preach tolerance. Your entire problem with christians rests on the fact that we have faith and will not deny to to please you. I dont car whther you accept or reject my truth it s the truth, the only question is whether you accept it or not. You don't, fine that is you god given right, however to say that I or thomas crowne or anyone else is "intolerant" becuse we refuse to state that our faith, our belief, and our truth is wrong, is quite simply bigotry.
Truth may be subjective but to all men The Truth is absolute.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Lady V that truly does not make any sense, and ill tell you why. If you did not come here for preaching
or to be converted than WHY are you in the religious forum?

Don't you understand that there are 20 some forums or however many there are here so why do you COME IN here buy a click on
a mouse pad? Is it that your scared to look into reality of life, honestly, im not trying to be rude, or are you looking for something? obviosly
there is a reason you are in here.

If these boards did not have a forum called.

(FAITH AND THEOLOGY)

which means talk about GOD, than I would not be on BTS, or ATS rarely ever, this forum is why im here, if they removed it I would
be gone.

don't you see a little logic in that?

Anyways, I said something to paperclip, which is logical contradiction, and was in no manner to down anybody. At some point a soul has to look for 100% truth, everything cant be true. It can
to our little minds, but God is not divivded and he has one truth, and 2000 years of miracles to prove it.

The thing that I truly don't get is WHY do atheist come in this forum to down us, or you lady V? this forum is different from ATS, this is for ones
to gather to NOT talk about (conspiracy) but about their REAL faith in God and what they have seen him do in their lives, not to have you souls but in and ruin it.

Thats wy im not rarely on ATS, because this is not a consiracy to me, itsnot a joke.

Common sense.

[edit on 24-2-2005 by Truth]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth
If you did not come here for preaching
or to be converted than WHY are you in the religious forum?

You have got to be kidding me! Are you serious!? So your saying that anyone that comes into a religious thread wants to be preached at and converted!? I can not believe you or anyone here at ATS would think, much less believe such a thing!

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Then tell us why? Read what the forum says. It was created for people who have real faith and experiences, its fine if you read what
we say but don't tell us its phony because this forum was not created for that i suppose.

I want an honest answer lady. Why do you come in here if we are insane zealots?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Lady V that truly does not make any sense, and ill tell you why. If you did not come here for preaching or to be converted than WHY are you in the religious forum?

You are kidding aren't ya?
[edit- jinx LadyV- was posting at the same time.
]
..It's called 'faith, spirituality and theology'..not just religion- believe it or not people who are not christian/religious can be very spiritual.. including myself [an agnostic/atheist].

The thing that I truly don't get is WHY do atheist come in this forum to down us

You express your views.. others express theirs.. views inevitably conflict in this forum so if you do not like it you should find a christian forum.

this is for ones to gather to NOT talk about (conspiracy) but about their REAL faith in God and what they have seen him do in their lives, not to have you souls but in and ruin it.

Christianity does not have a monopoly on god.. and this forum is NOT A CHURCH. Some believe in a judeo-christian god, others that nature/cosmos is god, others believe humanity is, aliens, science etc. Appreciete and learn from the diversity.. do not try and filter it.

[edit on 24-2-2005 by riley]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I want an honest answer lady. Why do you come in here if we are insane zealots?

Well, for starters, I do not believe that "all" Christians are zealots, and IF you had read my post above, you would of seen that I stated I have read some things I didn't know before and have learned.....I am interested in others views.....when it can be discussed.....it immediately loses me though when I start seeing, "the bible says so", because god said so" blaa, blaa, blaa......I am very interested when people speak for themselves on their belief and not throw out the so simple...because a book tells them to.....I also lose interest when it starts with the "my way or no way" talk.....but when you get into a thread without all that, I thoroughly enjoy it. I honestly can not fathom that anyone would actually think that because a person opens a religious thread on a conspiracy board....they want to be preached at... that thought process just blows me away!
::::::shakes head a leaves, I have to get to work::::::::

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Riley I understand that this forum has many different views, but I had one instance where I posted a simple story I found
amazing and someone butted in judging me as a lunitic, its not called for.

Lady V, yes im sorry I missed that post.

Look, I have really seen the Lord do some amazing stuff in me and my families lives before I even knew about the bible, thats not what got me interested in christ. I did not grow up in this religion at all. You can believe whatever you want, but I will never (hopefull in the face of death) deny Jesus christ
as our Lord.

You guys have to let us talk about Jesus in the threads where we are talking about him, do it without getting into it with hatefull words, not saying you have done it, but
when it is done its truly annoying, and ive seen it done before to me plenty of times, probably 50% of my post has a rude soul getting into it with his fowl hateful langauge.

peace.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Riley I understand that this forum has many different views, but I had one instance where I posted a simple story I found amazing and someone butted in judging me as a lunitic, its not called for.

Not called for? hmm.. is this 1 instance you refferring to the story about an atheist that went to hell and came back and converted? I remember I replied saying the moral of the story was 'all atheists go to hell'.. [well I could have been less blunt
] immediately you labelled my reply as a hate post. Now.. if I were on a christian site yes I would call it 'butting' in- but as you mentioned atheists I had a right to be involved in the discussion and give my point of view. Just as a 'witch' would have the right to 'but in' if her/his beliefs were called devil worship.

[edit on 24-2-2005 by riley]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
" I could have been less blunt "

Yea, that was you. Thats all im asking for to be less blunt all the time. Of course I keep hoping for a response with more
sincerity like, you saying: wow ive never heard of an athiest story like that before, instead you said I implied all atheist to hell, which
truly God as my witness was not my intention.

That story was amazing when I heard about it, and I posted it.

peace.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Of course I keep hoping for a response with more
sincerity

I'm always sincere.

like, you saying: wow ive never heard of an athiest story like that before,

But I have. I heared it twice previously which is why I assumed it was a sermen/leacture.

instead you said I implied all atheist to hell, which
truly God as my witness was not my intention.

Sorry if it was not your intention.. but how else could your story have been interprited by an atheist?
For the record.. the reason I take offence at being told/insinuated I am going to 'hell' is because it is a judgment on my moral charactor.. most people that 'qualify' for hell are 'evil' [immoral] and I am not.. and it should not be assumed about other non believers either.

[edit on 25-2-2005 by riley]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Mr Riley, I don't condemn no man to hell because I belong there myself, im no better than anybody. I just believe what God has shown me and love him to death but I have
just as much faults as anybody trust me.

Any Christian who condemns someone to hell is not a christian. Im not saved yet, and they are not, they have just as much sin as anyone else. If they were as holy as they thought they would be like padre pio who bled Jesus passion. Non of us are like that.

Who knows, you could wind up being a saint Riley, I pray for you souls all the time, and I could wind up falling (hopefully not).

Trust me, ive met christians who were judgemental before and I truly understand why it turns soulsoff, truly. they did it to me also.

Peace.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join