Why Is Christianity So Insisting?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
Which group of people has the wealth, power, & better all around standard of living? Christians?, Muslims, Jews, Buddists. Hindu's, Sihks, Animalists, athiests, etc?
If you believe in a God then you have to realize one group has obviously been more blessed than the others, thus they must be the right religion.

and for those of us who dont it is blatanly obvious that it doesent matter, in every religion the rich get rich and the poor get poor. the us is like 8 bil in debt so xianity is obviously the worst by your reasoning anyway.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Khan,

I have a question for you, Please educate me then....

9..How many narrow minded bigots are posting on this thread?

A small clue for a small mind: it's more than zero, slightly less than two.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irma
Khan,

I have a question for you, Please educate me then....

9..How many narrow minded bigots are posting on this thread?

A small clue for a small mind: it's more than zero, slightly less than two.

Every muslim alive is a bigot.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
You would still not know why an apple falls to the ground.

Sir Isaac Newton (1642-1727)

The following article was featured in the March, 2002, issue of Bible Code Digest.

Throughout The Bible Code, the book that alerted the world to the whole subject, author Michael Drosnin wrote that Sir Isaac Newton, arguably the greatest scientist who ever lived, searched for codes in the Bible.

Born on Christmas day in 1642, the same year that the tragic figure Galileo died, Newton discovered the binomial theorem, the method of fluxions (calculus), the law of gravitation and the composite nature of light—all before the age of 30. The foundations of modern astronomy and physics are still largely based on theories Newton first presented more than 300 years ago.
A humble and reclusive figure, Isaac Newton was a Christian who studied the Bible daily and believed that God created everything, including the Bible. He believed that the Bible was true in every respect. Throughout his life he continually tested biblical truth against the physical truths of experimental and theoretical science and never observed a contradiction, according to his many biographers. Newton's writings reflected his belief that his scientific work was a method by which to reinforce belief in biblical truth. After he completed his monumental Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica, he began to devote more and more of his time to researching the Bible, eventually writing a book he believed unlocked the prophecies contained in Daniel and Revelation, two Bible books he viewed as intertwined. The great bulk of his writing went unpublished, however, even though according to one writer, Newton believed that a scientist who had the ability to explain the workings of the world and did not explain and share it with mankind, was denying God one form of adoration.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
your first mistake is beliving in a religion at all I have no desire to walk into a church , I serve and worship God and Jesus directly and as a Chaplain I will tell you it is more fruitful and there are no politics or opinions of others in the way.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople

Does it bother me when christians attack science immediately, with no backround in the fields what-so-ever, just because?

Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
Einstein is probably the best known and most highly revered scientist of the twentieth century, and is associated with major revolutions in our thinking about time, gravity, and the conversion of matter to energy (E=mc2). Although never coming to belief in a personal God, he recognized the impossibility of a non-created universe. The Encyclopedia Britannica says of him: "Firmly denying atheism, Einstein expressed a belief in "Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of what exists." This actually motivated his interest in science, as he once remarked to a young physicist: "I want to know how God created this world, I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts, the rest are details." Einstein's famous epithet on the "uncertainty principle" was "God does not play dice" - and to him this was a real statement about a God in whom he believed. A famous saying of his was "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This is a topic about christianity, Islam is two down then second on your left

So, to address the original post here:

Originally posted by XX_Mouse_XX
I had been a faithful christian for 17 years, before I began to ask why this religion. What makes this religion rightm, but my family being strict christians attempted to rid my mind of such thoughts. But because of their insisting, this only pushed me further away. For one case, christians are very materialistic people. Always seeking harmony threw money, the church always needing your money. The required 10% is good, but we could always use more money. This sort drove me away from the concept of religion and to my pursuit of spirituality. I know I cant be on my own with this, I need some peer guidance, so I'm asking ATS for a enlightenment as far as seeking spirituality over religion

You seem to be disappointed with organized religion. Many feel that way these days because we have learned to think with our own head, and not just follow what others say. It is normal to ask questions, I asked them many times myself.
That is the true path to enlightenment. Try studying Christianity without church, just the Bible. Read it with open mind, read other Holy Books, like Qur'an for example, see the message, the underlying truth in all those texts.
Then you will find faith.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kinja

Originally posted by babloyi
Judging from your responses, I believe I am much more educated about "Islame" than you. I have studied it with an open mind.

Excellent!!!! An Islam Expert is here!!! I have a few questions, Please educate me then...

1. What percent of Saudi's are not muslim?
2. What percent of muslims are fundamental extremists?
3. How many 6 year old girls did Mohammed take for a wife?
4. How many 9 yr old girls did Mohammed have sex with?
5. a) How many caravans bound from mecca to damascas did Mohammed rob?
5. b) How many innocent people of the caravans did he murder?
6. What are the circumstances which allow a muslim to ignore the Koran?
7. How many Jewish women did Mohammed rape after he slaughtered all the Jewish men in Medina?
8. What role did the moon rock Mohammed found in the desert play in his choice in choosing the pagan moon god named allah to worship?

Patiently waiting....

[edit on 23-2-2005 by Kinja]

okay your quiz is good , but I have one answer to all this.

Who persecutes every other religion , and who where the crusades cause by that killed untold thousands ,,,,,,,,,The Christian/Catholic Christain churchs.

I amd a servant of God and Jesus , but even I stay away from these hypocritical people who start wars and say its Gods will that they won.

They best way to serve God and Jesus is directly from the heart mind and soul only no church politics or church rules , Even God sees the problems with churchs as foretold in the bible with his letters to the seven churches where in he told them the errors of their ways.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
okay your quiz is good , but I have one answer to all this.

No you have no answers to any of it and you are lost in candyland. You have NO clue what you are babbling about.

Who persecutes every other religion , and who where the crusades cause by that killed untold thousands ,,,,,,,,,The Christian/Catholic Christain churchs.

ummm get a quick clue... one day there was no islam... then there was. Then there was islam killing jews and christians all over the place. Then the Crusades came to stop it.

I amd a servant of God and Jesus , but even I stay away from these hypocritical people who start wars and say its Gods will that they won.

God never commanded anyone to let people kill them.

They best way to serve God and Jesus is directly from the heart mind and soul only no church politics or church rules , Even God sees the problems with churchs as foretold in the bible with his letters to the seven churches where in he told them the errors of their ways.

And? here's a cookie. All that babble and said NOTHING and answered nothing.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Khan, how many of Solomons wives were under the age of consent.---Hell I don't know either, but if you can ask a stupid question, so can I.
Christians and their arrogance--sh--.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kazi
Khan, how many of Solomons wives were under the age of consent.---Hell I don't know either, but if you can ask a stupid question, so can I.
Christians and their arrogance--sh--.

Solomon is not Jesus, nor does Christianity base their faith on the teachings of a pedophile.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

No you have no answers to any of it and you are lost in candyland. You have NO clue what you are babbling about.

First of all I am going to remain calm as possible as I know your antaganistic condition prevents you from being polite , as witnessed by your posts in many threads where your way is to abliterate someone based on the simple fact they dont share you views, which is good because otherwise there a bunch of mini Kinja hate mungers out there.

ummm get a quick clue... one day there was no islam... then there was. Then there was islam killing jews and christians all over the place. Then the Crusades came to stop it.

And I am the one who has no clue , it doesnt matter how old a religion is for them to commit overt violations of human morality and spiritual morality, hatred true shows in you and your belief structure and you havent been here as long as Islamic people.

God never commanded anyone to let people kill them

you are so caught up in your little world of hate , that you missed the point try it this way I watch Bush address some troops today on the news and besides praising them and democracy do you know what one of his key points was God and Christianity contributed to his victory, that God gave them the ability to win.........I meant this as to say God dont tell anyone to kill , But Christains in the crusades and in Bushs war claimed they where told to go out and win this fight and God gave them the victory........The things done in Gods name , man they can cover anything now days with the Christian Church.

And? here's a cookie. All that babble and said NOTHING and answered nothing.

It just didnt say anything to a hate monger intent on making his point the only point that matters and I am not going to accept it nor should anyone else,,,,,,so if that is babble , then buddy I got some more for you

babble babble babble babble babble babble babble babble babble

[edit on 23/2/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

First of all I am going to remain calm as possible as I know your antaganistic condition prevents you from being polite , as witnessed by your posts in many threads where your way is to abliterate someone based on the simple fact they dont share you views, which is good because otherwise there a bunch of mini Kinja hate mungers out there.

Patiently waiting for the Answers to my questions from those who know more about ISLAM than me.

1____________
2____________
3____________
4____________
5____________
5____________
6____________
7____________
8____________

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Kinja, it is not nice to hijack a thread like you just did, you are totaly off topic here.

Here is a nice read for you:

www.submission.org...

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
Kinja, it is not nice to hijack a thread like you just did, you are totaly off topic here.

Here is a nice read for you:

www.submission.org...

Every thread on here goes back the opposite way. Equal opportunity bashing it seems, is modus operandi.

Why don't you answer my questions paperclip... in fact why don't you explain to me how muslims can bash christianity as polytheists, when God himself spoke to Mohammed and refered to himslef as "WE" is this not hypocritical? Justify Mohammed robbing the merchants of mecca enroute to Damascus? Simple questions.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'm glad Kinja is here because we have a first-hand living specimen of the evangelicals I was talking about!

What a fine specimen too!

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331

Originally posted by babloyi
He asked "Why Is Christianity So Insisting?".
The answer to that would be: Because it is in their religion to be so. They are commanded to "Spread the word". In their view, a non-Christian is a "lost soul", that it is their duty to save. I suppose they follow this with the same vigour you or I would use to save someone from a burning building.

exactly.

exactly wrong! Christianity is ALL about free will. Christians are supposed to spread the gospel but not try to force it on anyone. it is to be taught through respect, love and (perceived) truth. anyone who uses any other tactics is not acting in a Christian manner at all! the problem is with PEOPLE. fact is the majority of people who attend a Christian church and claim the religion dont act accordingly.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Patiently waiting for the Answers to my questions from those who know more about ISLAM than me.

My answers

1____________like all

2____________great haters

3____________you are

4____________now being

5____________ignored after

6____________this message

7____________here it

8____________goes push button

9____________click your ignored

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   

My answers

1____________like all

2____________great haters

3____________you are

4____________now being

5____________ignored after

6____________this message

7____________here it

8____________goes push button

9____________click your ignored

LMAO! Run far and Fast, hide from the world!

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   

LMAO! Run far and Fast, hide from the world!

I thought you would have a better come back so I waited , but guess not
Like Dr harcoid you and he are nothing if not mad and hating the world and you are now for reall being ignored because even though I dont personally like Islam as my way of doing things at least I dont hate them degrade them and I actually give a dang they are here to contribute to our ATS society.

CLICK IT"S OVER THE HATER IS GONE

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join