Why Is Christianity So Insisting?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
There really is nothing more to say in these threads....we tend to think of something by the people we know......though I have met some Christians here that seem like good people, the ones I have ever met IRL are hard, hating, intolerant, blaa, blaa, blaa.....noting will ever be settled in these threads, or the "gay" threads....it's a constant, God said this that and the other thing, stating their "opinion: or "belief" as fact, and the other side doing pretty much the same.....they are pointless threads anymore....nothing new to learn, a back and forth "uh hu"....."uh uh"

I'd like to add a few words to this.

I disagree that religious threads are pointless. In fact, I think that there isn't enough of reasonable religious dialogue in this world. It is very rare to see on TV representatives of various religions talking about SIMILARITIES of their belief, or simply explaining it to others. TV is loaded with hatemongering idiots, images of hate, screaming morons calling for death of others or conversion of others. Such fools are minority but they get majority of air time.

If one is a believer then their belief is a fact to them and they present it to others that way. I myself am a believer and my belief is the TRUTH to me. But I also understand that the way I feel about my religion is how others feel about theirs too. I wish more people would think this way too.
Thats where religious dialogue comes in. There are a lot of misconceptions about religions, false informations, people who deliberately want to distort certain religions. Talking about religions in civilised manner can greatly influence all the ignorance that exists in this world. But in order to do that, we must be ready to question that belief, to ALLOW others to question it.

I do not perceive a christian as ignorant or hateful who tries to tell me all about their religion, who tries to explain to me how to recieve Holy Spirit or find Jesus, things like that. They simply truly believe that and want to share it. The only problem would be if they would take a gun, point it to my head and force me to convert. Now that is different. As long as they just talk, I will listen.

I met a really nice evangelical christian girl a while ago on the street. I listened to what she has to say for about an hour. I asked about their belief, their way of praying. I told her I was Muslim, she then asked me about my belief in Jesus. Now, when someone tells her how those Muslims are ignorant of other religions, she will say that is not true. She talked to a nice Muslim girl on the street who listened all about Jesus and seemed like she respects such belief.
I let Mormons come to my door 3 times to talk about their belief. I told them a lot about what I believe and we figured we have a LOT in common. They will have a similar story to tell about Muslims like that evangelical girl. So will my catholic and jewish friends, and a few ATS members too , me thinks

Our different beliefs and truths are not the actual problem.

The problem are people who close their mind to other ideas.
The problem are ignorant people who know very little about others and whos answer to everything is hate.
Hopefully, their numbers will go down as the information age progresses.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Thread moved from conspiracy as it is OBVIOUSLY not a conspiracy.

May we please place threads in proper forums?

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
paperclip...while I completely understand what your saying, and agree with much of it, nothing on an internet BB located on a conspiracy site is going to change anyone else's mind about their religion, and while it may be a "fact" to them...it does not make it truth, and to continue to tell others they are doomed and going to hell, or they are wrong, or they are evil....is absurd. If those of us that are not Christian wished to hear this, be preached at, looked at as evil, we would be at a religious site, not a conspiracy board.

JAK

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   

paperclip...while I completely understand what your saying, and agree with much of it, nothing on an internet BB located on a conspiracy site is going to change anyone else's mind about their religion

Indeed LadyV, I agree. Even the constant Christian bashing which seems so popular of late.

Jack
[Edit - sp]

[edit on 23/2/05 by JAK]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I find it kinda funny... your submission.org is based in California, and claims hadiths are lies. Claims Aisha is a lie. Yet Islamonline.net based in Qatar, says Aisha is truth and that people must understand that there was nothing sinister involved in Mohammeds takng of a 6 yr old wife.

You seem to have a different flavor of Islam, definitely a more watered down version, but still you are chained to and a slave of the Koran.

What parts of the Koran are to be disregarded?

submission.org

You wrote;

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kinja

Originally posted by Irma
Khan,

I have a question for you, Please educate me then....

9..How many narrow minded bigots are posting on this thread?

A small clue for a small mind: it's more than zero, slightly less than two.

Sorry I have to do this, because I do not like religion period. But I have to agree. Every muslim is a bigot. Unfortunatly, every christian is as well. You certainly are.
Every muslim alive is a bigot.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Paper clip, how can you respect their belief and say you don't like close minded souls? im being sincere here.

Jesus said hes the way, truth and life, the only saviour, God in the flesh throughout the NT, so by definition hes close minded. It can't be both ways.

If you have similarities and dialogue, thats good, but at what point does actual truth want to be found?

Peace.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth

Paper clip, how can you respect their belief and say you don't like close minded souls? im being sincere here.

Jesus said hes the way, truth and life, the only saviour, God in the flesh throughout the NT, so by definition hes close minded. It can't be both ways.

If you have similarities and dialogue, thats good, but at what point does actual truth want to be found?

Peace.

Actually it can be both ways.

We do not know what the ultimate truth is. We all have different beliefs we follow, but what ultimately the real truth is, we don't know.
The same way you believe, truly believe, in Jesus as described in the Bible, Muslims believe is slightly different Jesus.
You can still have your belief and accept the fact others have it too. They might all be true, since all actually represent different aspects of the same thing. Think of it as a rubik's cube, each side a different color, but the cube is only complete with ALL colors, you need all six sides to make it complete.

One day we will know the truth, but until then I shall quote the Qur'an here:

(5:48) Had GOD willed, He could have made you one congregation. But He thus puts you to the test through the revelations He has given each of you. You shall compete in righteousness. To GOD is your final destiny - all of you - then He will inform you of everything you had disputed.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JAK

Indeed LadyV, I agree. Even the constant Christian bashing which seems so popular of late.

If you are insinuating that I am Christian bashing...you are very wrong in your assumption! I am stating simply that this is not the type of board for constant preaching of their faith. I see no other faith on this board pushing their belief to others, they may sate what their beliefs consist of, but they are not telling any one how wrong, evil doomed, blaa, blaa, blaa....they are if they do not believe the same way as they do....do you see any other faith pushing their beliefs on others here at this "conspiracy" site?
:bnghd:

EIDT...just for the record, I know that not all Christians here do this...but many do, it's annoying to say the least.

[edit on 2/23/2005 by LadyV]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I know jesus is the son of God, and ill never deny it because I did not reveal this to me but he did, literally through
his miracles.

Allah in that qoute contradicted himself. hes implying that there is not one congregation of faith, and yet the bible is part of that truth, but the bible says Jesus is God in the flesh who
died for our sins.

Jesus created the new sacrafice for our salvation, he claimed to be God over 20 some times in the NT, he was prophecied in the OT to come for our sins ect.

So how can this be part of allahs congregation? Jesus claims himself to be God in the flesh, the Koran says jesus was a prophet.

Allah is divided against himself.

he has to be satan lying to us literally through his sneaky ways as he always does. God is not divided.

It has to be one or none. Allah said Jesus was only a prophet, and the same Jesus said he was God 20 some times in the bible, so both can't be true, only one has to be unless Allah lies to himself.

peace.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I know jesus is the son of God, and ill never deny it because I did not reveal this to me but he did, literally through
his miracles.

No one is asking you to deny "your" truth....just don't push it on everyone else! Stop downing other religions....the followers of other faiths believe in them just as strongly as you do yours.....why is this such a hard concept for some you!

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   

It has to be one or none. Allah said Jesus was only a prophet, and the same Jesus said he was God 20 some times in the bible, so both can't be true, only one has to be unless Allah lies to himself.

peace.

You forgot one possibility there: human error.

Christians and Muslims agree on a lot of things about Jesus: the virgin birth, miracles, his return in the End Times. The terminology on how to call him is a matter of dispute.

We do not have the Gospel of Jesus. We have Gospels written by other people who say that Jesus said various things. There is a possibilty that they got it wrong, that translation got it wrong, that their interpretation of what Jesus said was wrong.

That is the whole point. You believe that there is no mistake anywhere in the Bible and that what those Gospels claim IS actually what Jesus said.
I believe that Qur'an is a word of God and it is accurate in its terminogy regarding Jesus.

WE both believe in God and the afterlife. God sees what is in our hearts and he is the final judge.

I do not have the final answer, I can only assume certain things based on what I've read in the Qur'an and it actually all makes sense to me

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kinja

You seem to have a different flavor of Islam, definitely a more watered down version, but still you are chained to and a slave of the Koran.

What parts of the Koran are to be disregarded?

hehe, it is not a watered down version, I am not a slave or chained, I am set free by Qur'an. You just do not understand that.
I do not disregard any part of it, I just know how to read it properly, and by that I do not mean arabic, I mean read with open mind.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
paper clip, what im saying is that if one has their own version than both cannot be correct, unless Allah is a liar.

If allah says Jesus is a profit, and jesus says he was God. than one is obviously lying, you can't have two truths contradicting each other.

Also I never knew who jesus was before 2000, and ill never deny how hes shown himself to me, and what he teaches in scripture which are the teachings of perfection.

also doesn't the koran call the bible the good book? if thats true than the good book is contradicting allah.

anyways, im not condemning you but saying that God created one truth, which was the God of the OT whos prphets prphecied the coming of his only begotten son.

peace.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

anyways, im not condemning you but saying that God created one truth, which was the God of the OT whos prphets prphecied the coming of his only begotten son.

You guys are gonna drive me to drink and I have never drank! This is your belief, your faith, but it does not make it the truth! It is a belief system that you believe in....we all believe in our religion just as strongly as you believe in yours. You're faith is special to you....ours is special to us.....get it!?

[edit on 2/23/2005 by LadyV]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   

No one is asking you to deny "your" truth....just don't push it on everyone else! Stop downing other religions....the followers of other faiths believe in them just as strongly as you do yours.....why is this such a hard concept for some you!

There are alot of threads that deal with other religions and I don't go to all of them. I go to some and read and post also. I'm not saying that anybody can't go to any thread they want, but if you go to a thread and it's about christianity and you start to get irritated then maybe don't go to them. I don't think that's what you should do but maybe it's better than getting mad.(if you are mad.)

I do have a question though. Someone started a thread about something they found on a website and they posted what they found and how they agreed with it. The website was operation terra. So I went to the post and then the website and read a little. It's a view opposed to the christian view, but I don't get upset because someone started a post about it. I am seriously wondering why people get upset about the christian viewpoint? People have said before that's it's because we insist our christian view is the truth. But, if you don't believe that why should that irritate. Like this Amelia was posting stuff new ageish which she probably believes but I don't get mad. I'm looking for someone to think longer about it before they answer, it's seems there must be something else.

And I just noticed that your mood was very sad, why? I actually do care.

[edit on 23-2-2005 by dbrandt]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   

www.submission.org
The source of the above information can only be the Hadiths books which are nothing but lies attributed to prophet Muhammad.

Paperclip why does this American website you tout as your truth.... claim that the hadiths are "nothing but lies"?

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Why Is Christianity So Insisting?

why are athiests so insisting?? like seapeople........

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   

paperclip... If those of us that are not Christian wished to hear this, be preached at, looked at as evil, we would be at a religious site, not a conspiracy board.

Problem is, Doll, we Christians are as much onspiratists as anyone else, and we also participate at these boards. We are also the obvious target for many, as witnessed by this thread.

In other words, we did not fire the first shot, now, did we?

We do not respect your demonic cults, religions or whatever you prefer to call your "isms", but we do respect your God-given right to reject God and follow whatever path you choose. That is to say, we love pray for you but hate the path. Other than that, we have no covert agenda.
So, what's the beef, chief?

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Problem is, Doll, we Christians are as much onspiratists as anyone else, and we also participate at these boards.

Well, Sugs (it's ok, he calls me "Doll" and I call him "Sugs") of course you are.....but that doesn't mean the board has to be used aa a place of convert

In other words, we did not fire the first shot, now, did we?

Hmmm, I honestly don't know who did....I've lost track...who fired first?

We do not respect your demonic cults, religions or whatever you prefer to call your "isms",

Now that's uncalled for and I think deep down you know it, I also think deep down you know it's not a demonic cult, or at least I would hope you are more informed than that, and I would hope that you have seen enough of me to know I am not demonic nor would be involved in such a negativity.!

So, what's the beef, chief?

There are certain people here ( not you sugs) that tend to turn everything into a preaching, converting topic....that's not why I am here, and I'm pretty sure it's not why many others are here....as I said, if that's what we were looking for, we wouldn't be at conspiracy board.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join