It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We all need to toughen up.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   
We all need to toughen up in life. We just do!

Im just putting it out there not to be nasty but to appeal to
the inner spirit within you. The original you who was
once strong and unafraid.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

I can get behind what you’re saying but you really should add more to your threads OP.

But because this a rant I will say that I agree somewhat.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Every single day that I remain alive, every situation I get through, adds to my experience, my understanding, and strengthens me against the next situation, the next days trials. Whether its walking miles with a pack on my back for fun, whether its being tempered by the burning in my shoulders from hard work, or being quenched in the rain of any season, I only get better, stronger, and more capable as time goes on. I still have a great deal of time before my body starts really giving up, until which point I will only progress forward and upward.

If you live the right way, you end up tough whether you think about it while you get there, or not. It just happens. Its natural, normal, happens as a by product of working hard. You don't get tough in the gym, you don't get hardened on the field. It happens as a result of existing, if it is ever going to happen at all. Thats why there are guys twice my size and apparent strength, who cannot carry a mans load of shopping, why there are muscle bound jocks who cannot absorb even a tenth of the punishment I can. They are of the sort for whom no amount of effort will result in toughness, and I am of the sort where just walking through life and living it are enough.

It takes all sorts, but you cannot make a fortress out of candyfloss, no matter how hard you work at it.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   
For me, toughen up is a growing process of understanding how the "real world works" and adjusting myself to survival skills that toughen me up but to help me live and survive by my wits. I live in a foreign land that the people speak and write differently then me. Toughing up in this case means understanding my weaknesses and grow from them. I can fish, find drinking water that flows out of our neighboring mountain and I can guide my wife to safety in case of a tsunami. Am I tough, no, but I want to survive peacefully in a world of meanness.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   

I am assuming you are talking about mental toughness not physical. Achieving physical toughness is easy and it was always easy. What I noticed of the younger generation is the lack of mental toughness, the lack of problem solving and the lack of demonstrating the willingness to respond to new circumstances being moved out of one's comfort zone. I noticed that nowadays it is easier to blame someone else than find a solution to one's problems.

so, yes I do agree but with a small change: some of us need to toughen up in life...

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I spent many decades toughening up. Now that I am in my sixties, I wonder if I actually followed the wrong path for all that time. To exist in this country you need to toughen up but is the direction of our society really correct? I am beginning to think that maybe the hippies of the sixties were going in the proper direction.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Thanks for your responses they are inspirational and remind me I need to toughen up myself.
There is psychic warfare being waged in the winds.
Voodoo even it may be.
Be a conduit for power and the spirit will
flow its energy through.
Those who conjurers of black spells will crumble.
Those who conjure good will be honoured.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
How is this a thread ? It's a question . How does this meet the criteria for a thread ?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Apparently by this website I am one of the first millennials (I will claim it). But I am one of the elite few that don't wear my heart on my sleeve and don't get offended by political and social events or get immersed into political agendas. Negative events in ones life makes a person tough I guess and hardened to the world. I have done a lot in life so far and those events caused me to emotionally toughen up since people in general are negative and lack companion towards one-another.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

The biggest problem is people taking themselves way too seriously.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: MorpheusUSA

Negative events in ones life makes a person tough I guess and hardened to the world. I have done a lot in life so far and those events caused me to emotionally toughen up since people in general are negative and lack companion towards one-another.

It's true. Could it also be that people who have toughened up have also become the generally negative and ones who lack compassion? LOL! Have we become so hardened from our lack of trust for humanity that we have to think twice about how we deal with people so not to sound as though we lack compassion? I'm sure many of us feel like people create their own poor circumstances and it makes it harder to empathize or sympathize with them. Sometimes, it's hard to find that even balance.

edit on 7-9-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I still have a great deal of time before my body starts really giving up

I'm at that point. I'm coming apart at the seams.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
whenever you want. because you know, i love you.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage
Thanks for your responses they are inspirational and remind me I need to toughen up myself.
There is psychic warfare being waged in the winds.
Voodoo even it may be.
Be a conduit for power and the spirit will
flow its energy through.
Those who conjurers of black spells will crumble.
Those who conjure good will be honoured.

Strong imagery, didn't we talk screenplay awhile back?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Its an open source OP.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Damla

Your a sweetie.

you.
edit on 7-9-2018 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

top topics

join