It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump administration moves to detain migrant families longer (and illegally at that)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
i think it's about time those people who are so much wanting of illegal immigrates admit what it is they really want. and that is no immigration rules at all. anyone and everyone is allowed to come, and be welcome.

why are they called illegal immigrants in the first place. it'd because they come over the border illegally. completely ignoring the legal system that is available for people to apply to be let in. the system is set up that way for a few reasons. one, so they can be sure people coming in can be a credit to society. and not become totally reliant on the government to support them for life. another reason is to keep control of the numbers of people. so that the country is not flooded and overwhelmed by sheer numbers of people. so that those that are allowed can find jobs and have a chance to be productive members of society.

seriously i could start sending millions of poor people immediately, from just one city alone. people with no skills or education. people with no money, and many could be criminals. people who would be completely reliant on the government for life. for food, housing, education, medical care (and trust me there would be a lot of medical care needed) and money. why dosen't the government just ship them all to the US, immediately? i mean after all they too would be illegal immigrants (unless of course you just dropped all the immigration laws and rules). they too would be just as entitled and deserving, to being let stay as the illegals currantly in the country. what do you honestly think would happen? do you think you would like to pay almost all your earnings to the government so they can build houses, feed, provide medical care and educate over ten million people, many of them needing to be taken care of for life? and that is from just ONE CITY. how about all the others of millions, possibly even billions of people immigrating to the US within the next year or so? think of the trillions of dollars it would cost. but that is what you are really advocating for by wanting all the poor illegals to be kept, and not be propperly dealt with, by kicking them out.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
This isn't about separating children from parents but children from the adults they are accompanying. There is no certainty these are their parents. They are often coyotes or worse human smugglers who for all we know are abusing these children. Isn't it SAFER for the children to be kept separate from the adults until it can be ascertained what relation these adults are to them? I don't see any other rational way to handle it but this was never about rationality but whipping up emotions over what is basically a way to ensure the safety of these children. ALL AT TAXPAYER EXPENSE by the way. If I need a room for a night because my house burned down will MY GOVERNMENT give me a place to stay? No, not even after decades of paying taxes and abiding by the law. Yet non-citizens can violate our laws and get free room and board and medical attention for doing so.

I see no reason for the taxpayer to be on the hook for their care.

edit on 10-9-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Are children to be used for political statements and agendas?

Lets ask David Hogg..... Yes, some do indeed have no problem using children for political statements & agendas....

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join