It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump administration moves to detain migrant families longer (and illegally at that)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Illegal is just that. The children are being endangered by the parents, also illegal.

lol

endangered is a relative term...

Perhaps they were already in danger.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

originally posted by: watchitburn
Wah wah wah

Those kids get treated better than most kids in this country. All the fake outrage is just that.

Detain them as long as it takes to send them home.

So, you're on the record as saying our laws and the rights afforded by the Constitution no longer matter? And all this is fake outrage, and the federal courts stepping in finding it illegal also does not matter?

And if our Constitution no longer matters, and political agendas do, where do we go from here?

What do you suggest we do with the Constitution, such as in this matter? Stuff it? Once it's disobeyed, can we ever go back?

I am having a hard time comprehending such anti-patriotic sentiment, please explain why you think the Constitution is unimportant in this matter.

Where have you been the past few years while American children of color have been getting gunned down in the street and American citizens have been detained for years waiting for trial?

If Trump decided to send these kids home in 20 days you'd be bitching that he was sending them back into war zones. As was said already, just admit you want 100% free flow across the border.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

We have a law in place, called the Flores agreement

It isn't a law exactly, but a settlement agreement. In any event, what would you propose DNS do? Let them go and hope that they show up to be deported later voluntarily?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

It's only become the issue it is because of democrats playing politics instead of following the constitution.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Those are good questions....

I think that -- yes -- he will continue promising it.

I think many (but not all) people will also believe he will try, but whether he and his people can make good on that promise or not remains to be seen.

His administration is being successfully stymied from making good on many of the things they have promised, which makes me skeptical of much of anything actually being done with 'the wall'. But, I will just have to wait and see like everyone else.... *shrug*

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

More bs.

Come again? What part is BS? Put up or shut up.

If that is the goal of the admin to get them in homes then the regulations for adoption would be lessened

Who said anything about the admins goal? I am not talking about adoption. I am talking about people like the person I responded to. If you are so concerned with this open your house up and help them. If all you want to do is complain about it then your helping no one.

It is not easy to get approved but nice try.

Why do you need approval if you don't think they are here illegally? It isn't against the law to have a family stay with you.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Trump administration moves to detain illegal migrant families longer (and illegally at that)

There I fixed your thread name for ya.

That would shut people up real fast. Actually that is how it works here in Japan when it comes to medical issues with illegal foreigners here, that is why employers in most cases do not hire those that are in this country illegally, should be the same way in the States.

I think I have a solution. If you and people who think like you really care about the problem just volunteer your house to shelter and feed them while also taking responsibility for any other illegal activities they get in, besides crossing the border illegally.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

So, you're on the record as saying our laws and the rights afforded by the Constitution no longer matter? And all this is fake outrage, and the federal courts stepping in finding it illegal also does not matter?

You have to ask yourself , which Federal Courts

Then , question your knowledge of US Federal Law and Constitution and you will learn who has the ultimate judgement call here in the US on US Federal Laws and Constitutionality

The US Supreme Court who , so far , has upheld
So , now I have provided you the impetus to go and lean something of the US Constitution and Federal Courts

That way , you will be better informed.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
What Constitutional crisis are you talking about?
You sure we're talking about illegal aliens?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
people are making money of these detention centers - gotta keep em full.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

More bs.

Come again? What part is BS? Put up or shut up.

If that is the goal of the admin to get them in homes then the regulations for adoption would be lessened

Who said anything about the admins goal? I am not talking about adoption. I am talking about people like the person I responded to. If you are so concerned with this open your house up and help them. If all you want to do is complain about it then your helping no one.

It is not easy to get approved but nice try.

Why do you need approval if you don't think they are here illegally? It isn't against the law to have a family stay with you.

Well you are all over the place with your response.

I was stating that in order to adopt a migrant child there are very many hurdles and being approved by the government is a big one. It is not at all a thing you can just one day decide to let them into your home and still be legal. It cost much money.

So the silly point of why don't a person just let them stay in their home is lame since it is something only a small percentage of Americans would be allowed to do. In most cases the people that the gov. would turn down would provide a much safer environment than what the immigrants left and went through.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I sincerely hope that you're religious, because it would give me great joy to know that when you're time comes, your maker will judge you and you WILL be found wanting. If not I just hope karma's a b**ch.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Well you are all over the place with your response.

Got it. You can't keep up with the many different faucets that comes along with this subject.

So the silly point of why don't a person just let them stay in their home is lame since it is something only a small percentage of Americans would be allowed to do

Silly? lol. Okay. I get it. You don't want to discuss actual ways of helping these people.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I hear alot of "emotional" crap about "the children". But I hear nothing about these "illegal parents" draging their kids into thier "crime" ( illegal activity ). U.S. Citizens (native Americans) don't even get that much (emotional) defence for "their/the children" in dealings with the US. Federal Government.
The IRS has ruined how many citizen/American families? Yet, not a word about them, those parents/families?
But "the children" of "infiltrators" is where we draw the line?

Some people need to be born, "issued" a shovel for their own grave.
Don't be upset, it's for your own "welfare". Shovel will be paid for by the masses.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Not sure why you would call this a constitutional crisis. You obviously had no complaints when Obama was detaining minors indefinitely. If you would like to give children in foreign countries the life you believe they deserve, please by all means send them your hard earned money.

I have seen illegal immigration devalue my line of work, I have seen first hand the sub culture of crime, and the damage they continually do to the US economy.

Little thought was given these children as they were smuggled into this country through desolate conditions and environment and I can assure you that they are receiving a much a higher level of care in detention.

edit on 7-9-2018 by onthedownlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Wasn't this the very law that meant kids had to be separated from their parents in order to enforce immigration law?

It was predictable that once the whining about family separations subsided, the whining about any form of detainment would start.
By not supporting the administrations position on this, OP, you want one of two things:

1) Kids to be separated from their parents
2) Immigration laws to be ignored

Why don't liberals just admit they want the second option, 100% open borders for all (as long as they vote Democrat)?
It would be much better to be honest about it. We all know it anyway.

A very black and white way of looking at the world, and a sure way to corner yourself in eventually.

Why not expand your views?

Can we not obey our own laws and our Constitution without having open borders? Can we not obey the 20 day policy without wanting to make unconstitutional changes to it? Indefinite imprisonment of children?

When I say 'Our' I mean American, I'm not talking about the UK.

And if we, our government, created a situation that is so unfeasible to maintain, must we modify the laws and use children as leverage or should we treat humans as humans and modify our policies to match the requirements of the Constitution? There are so many options here other than imprisonment of children for undetermined periods of time, why can't we discuss and brainstorm options instead of automatically saying they deserve what they get?

I know I said I should not have to explain the Constitution and the Amendments, but since you are from across the pond, I'll answer any Constitution questions for you that you may not be clear on. I say that because you do seem unclear on the rights our Constitution affords to ALL people.

No need to expand, because the simplicity of what i said revealed the truth.
Your response just underlined that.
You failed to even address the point or offer a solution, because you can't.

In order to detain illegal aliens, the Flores law requires children, if present, to be separated from their parents.

You are complaining about the administration challenging that law, so you either want children separated or you want illegal aliens to be released into the country.

Perhaps you would like to explain the detail of your solution. I doubt you can. I suspect your knowledge of this subject is as limited as your understanding of your Constitution. Maybe you can redeem yourself by just admitting you saw a headline in the liberal media bashing Trump and ran to your keyboard.
edit on 8/9/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

originally posted by: xuenchen
Solid proof needed to show 100% that "Adults" and "Children" are actually related.

Needed now more than ever.

Why let cheats and liars get a free pass ?

Bs

The law states clearly that there does not have to be a blood relation to guardianship.

Why would any government want to horde children?

Why do they want to horde children....hmmm well one reason could be to provide the naslty pedos that are prevelant withing the " upper classes " with fresh meat, fresh meat that no one gives a # about....how very convenient for them....

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: watchitburn
Wah wah wah

Those kids get treated better than most kids in this country. All the fake outrage is just that.

Detain them as long as it takes to send them home.

And if our Constitution no longer matters, and political agendas do, where do we go from here?

What do you suggest we do with the Constitution, such as in this matter? Stuff it? Once it's disobeyed, can we ever go back?

I am having a hard time comprehending such anti-patriotic sentiment, please explain why you think the Constitution is unimportant in this matter.

Where have you been the past few years while American children of color have been getting gunned down in the street and American citizens have been detained for years waiting for trial?

If Trump decided to send these kids home in 20 days you'd be bitching that he was sending them back into war zones. As was said already, just admit you want 100% free flow across the border.

It has nothing to do with Democrats, all you are doing is enabling the abuse if children with your depraved thinking...

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Your funny

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join