It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A second edition of the Voynich manuscript discovered.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Madrusa

Where I would love to buy a Voynich manuscript equivalent.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
a reply to: Madrusa

Where I would love to buy a Voynich manuscript equivalent.

If you're just looking for a modern copy of the Voynich manuscript itself, there are some good ones available on Amazon and eBay for $30-50 or so. The one I have is hardbound, with high res scans of each page and multi-page vellum foldouts of the larger illustrations. I think I picked it up for about $40.

Edit: I think this is the one I have.
edit on 9/3/2018 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

If i recall the Voynich manuscript is loose pages and correct order is not certain but as best as can be understood, do they have the same preceding page as per the example in the video which seems to be the natural order?

a reply to: Aallanon

It would be illegal to buy and import.
edit on 3-9-2018 by Madrusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Madrusa

If i recall the Voynich manuscript is loose pages and correct order is not certain but as best as can be understood, do they have the same preceding page as per the example in the video which seems to be the natural order?

No. In my copy, and in scans available online, there are page numbers in the upper right hand corner on the front of every physical page. The back sides are unnumbered and not counted. I'm not sure if these numbers were part of it when it was written, but they exist on it now.

The page with the woman in the blue puddle and the 'pipes' that we've been talking about is on the back side of the page numbered 77. I haven't yet found the preceding page, but the following page (in the video) when they turn it, appears to be the front of 77, so at least those two pages are in reverse order from the Voynich manuscript.

Edit: I believe the preceding page in the video is the front of the page numbered 84. I'm having trouble uploading pictures from my book, but I believe it's this page.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Some more information from the preface of my copy:

The folio numbers in the upper right are on the original document, but were added later, likely in the 16th century. Sometime after the numbers were added, some pages went missing. Pages 12, 59, 64, 74, 91, 92, 97, 98, 109, & 110.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by:

I found this one too. This is the page numbered 100. In the video, it's conveniently torn right where the number would be though. Hmmm... I'm still learning towards fake, but this is intriguing.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Just spoke briefly to my friend in Turkey. He says they're talking about it being an ancient book about technology and black magic, and they say they don't think it's written in Arabic, Russian, or Hebrew. I'll try to get him to type up a full translation later if he can. Without any context or knowing what it is, he also said it seems staged and that it looks like a new book that was purposefully damaged, which was basically exactly what I was thinking, so take that for what it's worth.

If it is the Voynich, it's not nearly as long as the original. ATS isn't letting me upload pictures, but based on the photos of the bound spine in my book, what they have there is at most 20% of it or so.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
One final observation that makes me question the authenticity... At 1:38 in the video, when he's pointing to the small sketch of the woman in the lower left corner, you can see some faint brownish marks to the right of the woman (this is page 66 in the Voynich). In the original, these marks are paint from the illustration on the back of that page bleeding through the paper. In the video, that illustration is on the next page in the book, not on the reverse, so there would be no way for the paint to bleed through, yet there it is, exactly as it appears in the scans.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Yes i'm tending toward modern reproduction of print outs from online images, which would explain the slightly heavier text and line quality, i think the 84 page number is also just about visible in the video which sort of concludes that supposition, bit of a pointless exercise really on their part as it could never pass serious examination, it's difficult to analyze from such a sketchy video but i think overall has been done effectively.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Someone used a mirror to draw a copy image. its been a technique for a long long time.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join