It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A second edition of the Voynich manuscript discovered.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
They don't even realize it but that is what they are looking at here;

According to the description and translated from Turkish Izmir ghost village, maybe referring to a village in the vicinity of Izmir, ancient Smyrna in Anatolia.

I've been monitoring many strange finds that have been posted online for sale from the region when i came across this, it's clearly Voynich as per illustrations and text, but i'm uncertain if it's an exact copy or variation on theme, some of the illustrations don't seem familiar from the known copy.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Madrusa
Oh yeah, they are really looking after that historic artifact. Let's wave it about, maul it with woolen gloves on, poke it about. They are really trying to conserve it.
That gentlemen is sarcasm.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I don't think they would be if they knew the potential value, maybe i should have made them a cheeky offer before posting this.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
any screenshots of the video?
i don't want crappy international videos flooding my recomended tab

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

Hard to take good screenshots but this should confirm Voynich.

There's enough to go on to determine how much this corresponds to the known copy, which it shouldn't do exactly as this is hand produced and not printed.

edit on 3-9-2018 by Madrusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
That's not the Voynich manuscript. I'm looking at my illustrated copy, and not a single page matches. Hard to tell from the potato video, but it looks like the language is different too. Similar illustrations, but that's about it.
edit on 9/3/2018 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

looks similar but the wording is clearly the latin alphabet, not the bizzare language voynich is written

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Im by no means an expert however that looks like a modern copy that was left in the elements for a couple of months.

You can buy an exact copy for $40 from Barnes and Noble... The Voynich: Reproduction of the manuscript

Edit: I was too slow to post this, it would seem its something different entirely.
edit on 3-9-2018 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

As i've just mentioned these are hand produced so you shouldn't expect an exact copy, the script looks the same to me and the illustrations , many have surmised the most likely place of origin for Voynich was Turkey, this should confirm that.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It may be a scam. Trying to get someone to bid on the manuscript. Looks faked to me.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

Possibly, to me it just looks by the same hand, as per script and illustration, a Latin version would be equally interesting and probably a lot more insightful.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Madrusa

As i've just mentioned these are hand produced so you shouldn't expect an exact copy, the script looks the same to me and the illustrations , many have surmised the most likely place of origin for Voynich was Turkey, this should confirm that.

The script looks nothing alike to me; It looks like regular Latin, but we can disagree on that. Without clearer video It's hard to say for certain. Regarding the illustrations, though, they look just about the same as those in any number of medieval botany manuscripts. See here. It looks like a medieval herbal/botany book, but it's not the Voynich.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

There are direct correlations with illustrations from Voynich and the same labels seen (in Voynich) but you still try to suggest not Voynich...why?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Now that makes it more interesting. I didn't see that page when flipping through my copy earlier. Let me dig it back out and look real quick.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

You were right. That image does match one in the Voynich. I just found it in my copy. My apologies. That certainly makes your argument more compelling.

I'm a little suspicious of the authenticity of the one in the video, though. Looking at the screenshot you posted in comparison with the scan of the original Voynich, the illustration seems almost exact. I'm not familiar enough with how books were hand reproduced in that era to know for sure, but I would think there would be at least some slight differences. Also, take note of the smudges on the upper right part of the 'pipe' in the Voynich scan. Those are obviously not part of the original drawing, yet the exact same smudges (along with others) seem to be in the same spot in the document in the video, as if it were a printout of the original scan that has been further artificially 'weathered'.

I'm not saying that's the case, but I'm still highly skeptical. Either way, nice find.

S&F

edit: What language are they speaking? Turkish? If so, I have a friend in Turkey who might be able to translate. I'd be interested to know what they're saying.

edit 2: The second screenshot you just edited into your last post makes me even more suspicious. The spacing and everything seems identical to the scan of the original, making it look like either a printed forget or a direct tracing of the original. Hmm.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

They aren't exact copies, look closely at the labels and illustration and there are slight differences in rendering but they are very close copies as would be expected of a good copyist, but it is difficult to make the case given the distorted angles and out of focus effect from the video.

Yes i think they're speaking Turkish.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Yeah, I noticed some of the text near the upper illustration looks slightly offsetfrom the scan, but as you said, given the angles and video artifacts it's hard to be sure. The lower part of the page, however, looks identical, at least so far as I've spot checked it. I'll see if I can get hold of my friend to try and translate what's being said.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

How did you come across this video?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
How much do they want for it? Can anyone buy some of this stuff?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I was searching in Turkish for more examples of antique books found as per these, i'm familiar with their ways and they rob a lot of ancient tombs and a lot of scholars of esoterica and Rabbis and Orthodox Monks were buried with copies of their books, many interesting things have emerged from the chaos in the greater region but sadly fallen into the wrong hands, but i still like to see what's turning up.

The text overall btw looks slightly heavier/thicker than in the voynich manuscript.

a reply to: Aallanon

Sure they always advertise their ill gotten gains on youtube.

<<   2 >>

join