It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A mysterious square aircraft scared me to death,’ NC man says

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I have no idea what this is, Look's like a flying smart phone to me. Have fun folks!

Another alleged UFO sighting near Charlotte has appeared on Facebook and in this case, it was posted by a husband and father who says he doesn’t necessarily believe in UFOs. Javion Hill, 35, of Kings Mountain, North Carolina, says he took several photos of the object during a storm on the night of Aug. 18, as he drove on U.S. 74 southwest of Charlotte. The images feature something square hovering above the treeline, with its edges fringed in lights. Hill told the Charlotte Observer the craft frightened him to the point that he didn’t sleep that night. “I was on my way home with my wife on the speaker phone, and it looked like there was a tornado coming, so I was trying to take a picture of the clouds for my wife,” says Hill.

www.charlotteobserver.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

Looks like a camera reflection of that service station canopy to me.
edit on 3/9/2018 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Just saw this. It's an odd one, for sure.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Argyll

Yea it could be, didn't notice that. Would it not be in the vertical direction though?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Cell phone on the dash reflecting off the windshield?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Their have been A lot coming out of that area. I used to live in Concord N.C, I never saw one (there) but lot's of people claimed to be seeing things around Lake Norman.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

That was my first thought too. Then I thought, what would he be taking the picture on? unless he had 2 phones obviously.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
While interesting, my first thought is reflection also, I'm reminded of this image;

Further, that looks like a reasonably built-up area, I would expect to see more eyewitnesses accounts, photos + videos, and perhaps even some local news coverage [Eta, I missed that part first time around, my bad!].

It'll be cool to see if any more reports do surface, s+f

edit on 28/12/12 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: clarification

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Looks like someone was opening the door in the sky.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Reflection of some kind? Can almost make out the words in the light, like some kind of signage. Could be a service station canopy, but I don't think it is the one in the image.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Had it scared him to death, would he still be able to post his pic of a window reflection?
HOAX

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Looking might reflection like.
Why are the lights all out of focused along the bottom of the shot, yet the image is crisp.
This scream reflection to me.

You can even see the other lights reflections all muddied up on his dirty windshield
edit on 3-9-2018 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Cell phone on the dash reflecting off the windshield?

How many cell phones have lights all the way around them. I guess a cellphone case could, but this guys story doesn't add up to be a reflection of anything. It looks solid.

Also, the guy says it looked bigger to him than it does in the picture. Did anyone READ what he said?

edit on 3-9-2018 by kurthall because: Add

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Reflection for sure

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Here's another news source covering the story (Bradenton Herald);

'A mysterious square aircraft hovering in night sky ‘scared me to death,’ NC man says'

...“But then I saw something that wasn’t normal and I was, like: ‘Oh my god, what is that?’ I started trying to take as many pictures of it as possible while I was driving.”

[*I'd like to see these other photos, for sure*]

Hill says he pulled over at the next exit to try and get video, but the aircraft had vanished. A heavy rain followed instantly, he said.

Linky

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity
Here's another news source covering the story (Bradenton Herald);

'A mysterious square aircraft hovering in night sky ‘scared me to death,’ NC man says'

...“But then I saw something that wasn’t normal and I was, like: ‘Oh my god, what is that?’ I started trying to take as many pictures of it as possible while I was driving.”

[*I'd like to see these other photos, for sure*]

Hill says he pulled over at the next exit to try and get video, but the aircraft had vanished. A heavy rain followed instantly, he said.

Linky

Of course it disappeared, he got OUT OF THE CAR. So, he could no longer see the reflection inside the car window.

HOAX

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If he is recalling correctly then it would seem to rule out reflection since he seen it with his own eyes before taking pic.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
If he is recalling correctly then it would seem to rule out reflection since he seen it with his own eyes before taking pic.

I guess for you its not possible to see a reflection in a window with your own eyes?

Really??

That is your measure?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Here's the uncropped original picture taken from Hills' f*cabook page;

I think that with the car bonnet visible it lends a little more perspective.

I'm still leaning towards it being a reflection, but I'm struggling to work out what from at this angle.

Eta, I'm not seeing the ufo/reflection reflected off of the wet bonnet, as are the other lights present,

edit on 28/12/12 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: ...Just noticed a missing reflection of the reflection,...

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: howtonhawky

I guess for you its not possible to see a reflection in a window with your own eyes?

Really??

That is your measure?

We would need to know if he took the pics from inside the car.

Kinda seems like a person can sense if they are looking at a reflection or not since we all deal with them so often.

Details matter.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join