It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anti-ageing breakthrough could see humans live to 150

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
They will need a little taurine and molybdenum added to the NAD chemistry to extend life. Also intake of magnesium and a few other minerals will be important, including real Folate and Methylcobalamin to keep things running smoothly. Eating a little of the foods containing growth hormone would be crucial to stimulate regeneration, you will not get any benefit from this unless certain chemistries are present in the diet. Too much of the growth hormone chemistry can also increase cancer growth, so limiting carcinogens would be needed.

Unless these people avoid most of the bad chemistry in our present food chain, they will not get a raise in life expectancy. Maybe twenty five percent of the diet can contain this crap, but people shouldn't eat much of that.

NAD is already available as a supplement. It is not expensive, maybe twenty cents a dose.

So, will they will increase our retirement age to ninety five when this technology comes out?

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Forget 150 years, by the time I reach 150 everyone will be half robot or something... and prolly immortal.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
All the things featured on ats usually end up nowhere.

I do not know why but it seems to be true.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This is how the zombie apocalypse starts. . . . .

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Why are humans obsessed with living longer. Why don't we live better. Then there would be no need to live longer. The human nature in thinking living longer will bring more fulfillment in life. Which doesn't matter because time its self is only for a moment.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

NO THANK YOU. I would not want to be around for 150 years. We are already overpopulated and over taxed on resources. Not to mention the amount of money you would need to save up to retire and live another 70-80 years? You all can have that crap.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Unless I can stay active all the way through that age increase Ill pass.

I don't want to just exist, I want to be able to live.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

NO THANK YOU. I would not want to be around for 150 years. We are already overpopulated and over taxed on resources. Not to mention the amount of money you would need to save up to retire and live another 70-80 years? You all can have that crap.

We are not overpopulated, we have plenty of land in America for 3x our current population. In order far that not to happen all people have to do is use a condom.

The economy is going to be completely different in 40 years compared to now, robots will do everything. We need to evolve our money making ways somehow. Plus space will be free game, that is where the moneys at.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain

originally posted by: Nothin

originally posted by: SummerRain

originally posted by: Nothin

Ah ho!
Nice thought experiment provoked by your OP. Thanks!

Here: the ego gets exited at the thought of living longer.
Seems like the ego never wants to die, no?

'Tis interesting to explore these ideas of the body living longer.
Hopefully with the ability to be a little bit active, to the persons will, and not in suffering.

To experience true ego death, it's not from a thought. And it is one of the most horrible things you will ever experience, leading to something completely different. Be glad a mere thought cannot bring it.

Hi SR.

Ego-death or not, it is nice to just even think of it, and converse with someone like you about it.
Thoughts of Ego-death, here immediatly raise defense-mechanisms.
Interesting to observe, and examine.

A lot of people, at specific moments of their life, will ponder ego death, if they are aware of such things. It is truly a test however, and engaging in it, you are broken down to nothing. There is no attachment to anything left, and it is not a simple thing to experience.

You are forced to witness it, in every minute detail. And over and over again, till the fear of losing everything becomes a place of calm. Not peace, peace implies good things, but a complete lack of anything. Unattachment. You don't struggle to keep the things that make you, you. You are free to let go..

It will either drive you insane, or allow you to rebuild yourself with direct understanding.

At least, that is how it has been for me. And I never asked for it, when it happened, it was an uncertain hell. but one that has allowed me to discover my true self, after so many years. and one I appreciate more than anything.

Thanks for that. You are very generous to share your experience with us.
Your words resonate strongly here.

Many years ago: a wise man suggested to me that if we have evolved with an ego, then there must have been an evolutionary usefulness to it, and our survival.

When the ego goes under the bright light of scrutiny here, it still uses that to bid for it's survival. LoL!
It has a few other tricks as well!

So no ego-death here. Just a sort of truce.
And ego definitely wants to live to 150, and beyond.
Ego-less: death comes when it comes, so why care?

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
It'd probably have to see at least 10 years of a large sample group in order to risk taking it myself. What if the side effect is giving you autism 10 years later?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

Its time to start O neil colonies construction. AFter a moon base for raw materials.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
mice living 10% longer is a pretty pathetic result to be honest. This is a typical dailymail piece of hype with no foundation in reality. For example, Mice given a calorie-restricted lifestyle lived 35-65% longer:

Source

We are actually eating ourselves to an untimely death. If we restrict calories, i.e. intermittent fasting, there are great health benefits, far better than a pill could do.

edit on 22-9-2018 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join