It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anti-ageing breakthrough could see humans live to 150

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   
TPTB are gonna love this! It's gonna be on every corner store shelf.......

If you ain't dead, you can pay more tax!

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain

originally posted by: Nothin
a reply to: 727Sky

Ah ho!
Nice thought experiment provoked by your OP. Thanks!

Here: the ego gets exited at the thought of living longer.
Seems like the ego never wants to die, no?

'Tis interesting to explore these ideas of the body living longer.
Hopefully with the ability to be a little bit active, to the persons will, and not in suffering.

To experience true ego death, it's not from a thought. And it is one of the most horrible things you will ever experience, leading to something completely different. Be glad a mere thought cannot bring it.

Hi SR.

Ego-death or not, it is nice to just even think of it, and converse with someone like you about it.
Thoughts of Ego-death, here immediatly raise defense-mechanisms.
Interesting to observe, and examine.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage
To extend natural life time to this degree comes at a price of becoming less alive organically.
The human race will evolve to become the undead.

If a fire was eternal, no one would ever appreciate the art of starting one.

If no-one were to appreciate the art of starting a fire, could they perhaps appreciate the eternal fire?

We marvel at the sun, which is as constant as time itself, above us. It brings life, warmth, and comfort.

but it is still, simply an eternal fire. Only if it were to be gone tomorrow, would we realise it's importance to us. Till then, we do as we always do, and take it for granted.

Imagine how differently we would appreciate it, had we the need to create new suns each morning.

How may we not marvel at the sun? You are right: we do.
If one wishes to view it in a certain way: it may be viewed as the giver of life.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   
How affordable will this be? Probably only the very rich will be able to buy it. Bit like that film where the elite live on a ring in space and have personal rejuvenating machines. Who the hell wants a world with 150 years of George Soros meddling or Queen Elizabeth ruling? Life is bad enough with them living past the average age as it is.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SummerRain

a race , a game winning ... Rethorical so how to go from existing to living ? Somehow I associate living with love/agape fun, light, family spirituality and being part of the universe. Looks to me that all those things are being destroyed in modern society. So the only way to transmute existence into living is to decline society which is a paradox that lleads to a symbolical death within society.

Maybe to truly live is it to experience death (symbolic) everyday.
Greetings

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Ah ho!
Nice thought experiment provoked by your OP. Thanks!

Here: the ego gets exited at the thought of living longer.
Seems like the ego never wants to die, no?

'Tis interesting to explore these ideas of the body living longer.
Hopefully with the ability to be a little bit active, to the persons will, and not in suffering.

To experience true ego death, it's not from a thought. And it is one of the most horrible things you will ever experience, leading to something completely different. Be glad a mere thought cannot bring it.

Hi SR.

Ego-death or not, it is nice to just even think of it, and converse with someone like you about it.
Thoughts of Ego-death, here immediatly raise defense-mechanisms.
Interesting to observe, and examine.

A lot of people, at specific moments of their life, will ponder ego death, if they are aware of such things. It is truly a test however, and engaging in it, you are broken down to nothing. There is no attachment to anything left, and it is not a simple thing to experience.

You are forced to witness it, in every minute detail. And over and over again, till the fear of losing everything becomes a place of calm. Not peace, peace implies good things, but a complete lack of anything. Unattachment. You don't struggle to keep the things that make you, you. You are free to let go..

It will either drive you insane, or allow you to rebuild yourself with direct understanding.

At least, that is how it has been for me. And I never asked for it, when it happened, it was an uncertain hell. but one that has allowed me to discover my true self, after so many years. and one I appreciate more than anything.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

I'm okay with that.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

I don't even want to turn 40. Hopefully somebody is working on a Kevorkian miracle breakthrough for that

Agreed, who would possibly want to live that long?
edit on 2-9-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

So if you could live with the body of a 50yo for another 100 years you'd say no?

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I remember when I was in my 20s and in the military I figured if I lived until 35 I would be lucky and that was fine with me. When I was 35 and working for an airline I wanted to keep my health until 60 so I could continue to fly into retirement. After 60 I started winning golf tournaments and figured I would try to make 70 and keep winning a few. After 70 I decided, well here I am, and everything still seems to work just fine..

I realize I am lucky when compared to many others. Most young people can not imagine being old much less 70+ they figure life must be over by 50 or 60.. They will learn some of the best years of ones life are after you retire and are free to do what you want when you want where you want. Many old folks are still young at heart and know better than to stick their finger into a fire or pick a fight they can not win. Sometimes wisdom really does come with age as long as you can remember where you put it.

Author unknown but makes sense, no?

Most seniors never get enough exercise. In is wisdom God decreed that seniors become forgetful so they would have to search for their glasses, keys and other things, thus doing more walking. And God looked down and saw that it was good.

Then God saw there was another need. In His wisdom He made seniors lose co-ordination so they would drop things, requiring them to bend, reach, and stretch. And God looked down and saw that it was good.

Then God considered the function of bladders and decided seniors would have additional calls of nature, requiring more trips to the bathroom, thus providing more exercise. God looked down and saw that it was good.

So if you find as you age, you are getting up and down more, remember it's God's will. It is all in your best interest even though you mutter under your breath.

Nine Important Facts to Remember as We Grow Older

#9 Death is the number 1 killer in the world.

#8 Life is sexually transmitted.

#7 Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

#6 Men have 2 motivations: hunger and hanky panky, and they can't tell them apart. If you see a gleam in his eyes, make him a sandwich.

#5 Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day. Teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks, months, maybe years.

#4 Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in the hospital, dying of nothing.

#3 All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

#2 In the 60's, people took '___' to make the world weird. Now the world is weird, and people take Prozac to make it normal.

#1 Life is like a jar of jalapeno peppers. What you do today may be a burning issue tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
There's no free lunch. It would likely be formulated to be a med that is taken daily, weekly, yearly or bi-annually. In other words, pay to play.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
They also said the pill led to a reduction in age-related hair loss, according to The Herald Sun.

This alone would prompt usage in a vast number of the population.. vanity.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Just the first step as already anticipated by Professor Aubrey de Grey.

As I recall he chose the Methuselah limit because statistically that is as long as anyone may live before accidental traumatic death gets you.

Of course by C30th we'll have flight rings, and uploaded consciousnesses.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Thinking the writer of that article has read too many infomercials about miracle pills containing NAD.

If something works, they don't let it stay OTC in the US.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

I don't even want to turn 40. Hopefully somebody is working on a Kevorkian miracle breakthrough for that

The other day I mused Kevorkian should have started a parachuting company, right next to the ocean, then he could fly them out over international waters while offering them an AWESOME way to check out. The parachutes never open of course.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Assuming this is a gonna work on humans, we're getting very close now to my warning from over 10 years ago: when bonafide life extension technologies become possible for commoners to afford, expect a total collapse of the world economy to be set in motion. There's no way our elite masters, with all of their over-population obsessionism, allow BILLIONS of people to live 'forever'. So the solution to that "problem", well wiping out. The world economy would basically be the 'nicest' way they could go about it...

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

So I could spend close to 100 years as a fat old man with bad knees, arthritis, and an irritable colon?

Pass.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I just want a 12” schlong.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
i work out everyday.
no one knows my real age, its awesome.

for sure im going to get this, because if you work out, you stay strong and young. so it would just help joint repair in between workouts.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Let's hope that those pills will be forbidden by major religions or we will never get rid of those trolls

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join