It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant woman who killed intruder faces felony gun charge due to previous pot conviction

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
So is this justice?

A pregnant woman who was previously convicted of felony marijuana possession. where she was in a car with several other people and the cops found weed , nobody claimed it so everyone in the car was charged.

So now she is not allowed to own a firearm, well a guy breaks into her house and attacks her and she shoots him dead with her "husbands" gun who is not a felon.

There is whole story about what lead up to the shooting at the link but she was cleared of all wrong doing in the shooting and it was ruled justified,

BUT they decided to charge her with felony gun charges for using her "husbands" gun to defend herself and her unborn child in her own home.

She is probably going to do time because Arkansas sucks . She is facing 6 years .

Our system is broken.

A pregnant woman who shot and killed an intruder who attacked her in her Arkansas home is facing felony gun possession charges -- even though authorities ruled that the shooting was justified -- due to a prior marijuana conviction.

On the afternoon of Dec. 7, Fort Smith resident Krissy Noble, 21, shot and killed Dylan Stancoff when he attacked her in her apartment, according to a press release from the Sebastian County Prosecutor's Office. Noble was 11 weeks pregnant at the time, according to a police report from the Fort Smith Police Department.

When officers arrived to the scene that day, witnesses pointed them to the living room where Stancoff lay dead on the couch, a pool of blood on the floor next to him, according to the police report.

abcnews.go.com...

edit on 2-9-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I can’t believe weed is still illegal and a felony no less. At least she and her unborn child are alive.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

I would never convict this woman were I on her jury. I mean, this is laughable. What is she supposed to do, decide "Oh well there is a gun here but I'm not allowed to touch it so I just won't and then I'll die." There is a saying for this: I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I can’t believe weed is still illegal and a felony no less. At least she and her unborn child are alive.

Just possession is a felony. That is effed up.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Or maybe this will be the case that turns Arkansas around on this marijuana issues and the criminality of it. A pregnant woman defending her life and that of her unborn child under any circumstances will gain a lot of sympathy from the public and it would be a grave injustice to imprison her under these circumstances. I'm not familiar with the laws in Arkansas but in most states, judges have some leeway on the terms of sentencing. Regardless, citizens should join together and rally behind big changes in the laws to support decriminalization to prevent circumstances like this and also expunging previous convictions for simple marijuana possession crimes.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Our system is broken.

Government always shows us their version of justice. Justice is whatever they tell you it is. My question is what are you going to do about it?

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Our system is broken.

Government always shows us their version of justice. Justice is whatever they tell you it is. My question is what are you going to do about it?

Smoke and go to bed..

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: highvein

Our system is broken.

Smoke and go to bed..

lol. Maybe someone should start a GoFundMe page for this girl and use 1/3 of it to hire a lawyer that can get her off on extenuating circumstances.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   

It's silly and stupid, and the writing is pretty much on the wall concerning weed. Every single day there are more people who support not just decriminalization, but absolute legalization. It's simply a matter of time.

Judging from the information presented here, and nothing else, the chance of her being convicted by a jury is pretty-much 0%. It was a good shoot, and perfectly justifiable. No jury is going to buy the bulls*it the DA is trying to sell.

Why would a District Attorney even press charges in this situation? DAs are usually, at least from what I've seen, pragmatic about pressing charges in a situation like this. I know there are idiots everywhere, but no smart DA is gonna throw down like this if he KNOWS he's gonna lose, right?

The only thing that makes sense to me is if there are circumstances we DON'T know.

But with only the presented information, it really doesn't make sense for a DA to throw down in a case like this. Maybe we are missing something, because this looks like a complete career-killer for the DA.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   

But she did not even posses it..that's f'ing insane

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Ah yes the law... weird things these days. What would you do? you have no effin idea! good luck in your future im sure it will be unscathed...

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:27 AM
link   

This is just bring brother letting people know whose boss and who controls who.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   

That is why the left is pushing medical marijuana so hard. Everyone who signs up for it sacrifices their 2A rights. They will get those guns one way or another, no matter what it takes.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   
she was Manaforted or Cohened or Flynned

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Arkansas and Louisiana will be forever stuck in the 1950’s.

Stories like this are proof that the world is bass ackwards

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Well, apparently under 3 ounce is a misdemeanour in Arkansas.

Source

It seems she was in a car, which was carrying more than what would be considered as a 'personal amount' by most people... So good luck getting that charge suspended.

Also, not saying Nobles was necessarily unjustified in shooting the guy... But it doesn't appear to be such a clear cut case of 'home invasion' as its first made to look.

In the article, they say the husbands ex girlfriend was in the car outside and that her and the man who was killed had come to the appartment to retrieve some of her property.

Stancoff's girlfriend, Krishna Bragg, told police that she had previously lived with Tran when they were dating and that she had left all of her clothing and personal items with Tran, according to the report. She was sitting in the front seat of the gray vehicle when the shooting occurred, the report states.

Bragg and Stancoff were planning to head to California, where Stancoff lived, and she wanted to get some property back, according to the report. Bragg had "no idea that Tran had a new wife that lived with him at the apartment," the report states.

So yeah, theirs probably far more to the story than just some man forcing he's way in with the intent of harming Nobles.

edit on 2-9-2018 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Its her constitutional right to own a gun & its her God given natural right to protect herself. This is a right which shall not be infringed by government. Meaning no level of government is allowed to determine which U.S. citizens can and which U.S. citizens can't own a gun. She also has a right to due-process & to be presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Just stating she's not allowed to own a gun because of possessing marijuana violates her right to due-process. The drug war in itself violates due-process because it presumes guilt of individuals. So do most alphabet agencies, which operate on a unconstitutional basis of existance by presuming guilt of individuals. They are all unconstitutional. It will be sad if they lock her up for 2-3 years. This will create more hatred towards government by her, her family, her friends & anyone who is aware of this unlawful situtation. If they locked me up for possessing a gun the 1st thing I'd do when I got out is buy or build a gun & I'd carry it everywhere I go, including gun free zones, regardless of unconstitutional laws. You can't let these scum intimidate you. The government is in the wrong here. Anyone who is a U.S. citizen is allowed to own & carry a gun regardless of their criminal or mental background. If that scares you, then I suggest you buy a gun to protect yourself & your family. Its every citizen's right to own & carry a gun.
edit on 2-9-2018 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Even if she was stoned out her box at the time i can't see a problem.

People who screw houses deserve everything they get, period.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
If this story pans out the way it is explained in the OP, I really hope for jury nullification.

Every single trial, the judge should inform the jury that if they don't agree with the constitutionality of the charges, they can decide the state has no power to prosecute in this situation. It would also set huge precedents that would give the common people power over how our masters treat us.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Nevermind the millions of $$$$$ saved on stupid prosecutions that should never see the light of day really.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join