It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The scale of Pentagon waste boggles the Mind, yet we continue to avoid addressing it??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

We can agree on that Drew. I happen to agree there are issues with our spending on Medicare and Welfare. It takes the larger portion of the budget and deficit. I'm glad we can both agree on the military as well.

Something has to give.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: Deetermined

You going to answer my question or continue deflecting to specific details in the OP? It's an old and tired tactic.

Deflecting? Your own article stated that the department can't even plan a budget based on all of the entry errors and programming problems with their accounting system. We/they don't even know what they're spending! At least Trump finally got an audit started to try and weed out where the problems are so they can start to track spending accurately.

If you're looking for me to admit that spending is too high, sure it is. We need to start living within our means instead of borrowing billions to trillions of dollars every year. Heck, we're currently spending around $250 BILLION per year just on interest from our borrowing. Our government financial predicament is nothing but one big cluster cluck, if that's what you really want to know, regardless of which department it's in.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

If you're looking for me to admit that spending is too high, sure it is.

It surely is. Wasn't that hard now was it?

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

That's your response? So what are you going to contribute in order to remedy that? Vote for another Democrat? If you do, you're part of the problem.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   

That's your response? So what are you going to contribute in order to remedy that? Vote for another Democrat?

You're the one bringing partisanship into this. The OP acknowledged this issue spanning over 18 years which would have to include both parties.

With regards to your question of what we do about it? What's your answer to the the bloated welfare system? I trust that same answer applies to the bloated military budget.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Out of the last 18 years, only one party's president doubled our debt and we know which one you support.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Out of the last 18 years, only one party's president doubled our debt and we know which one you support.

More deflection I see.

I believe both parties are responsible for the debt we're in today. Clearly this is not where you stand given you wish to highlight Democrats and Democrats alone. Take into mind as well, we've had a Republican majority congress for 12 out of those 18 years.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Dont have to like the messenger to agree with the message.

They spend way to much of our money on the military .

Jesus H Christ they spend over 800 grand for one frikin pilot helmet .. Just one..

One is 800 grand..

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Remember when you said this,

I wonder if he'll give that thing on his head its own bedroom in the whitehouse? But on a serious note he doesn't stand a chance in the 2016 elections or any presidential elections. Surely he realizes this? Is he trying to get back into the media spotlight? Me thinks this is the case:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And we would believe you now? Why?

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   

More deflection I see.

I believe both parties are responsible for the debt we're in today. Clearly this is not where you stand given you wish to highlight Democrats and Democrats alone. Take into mind as well, we've had a Republican majority congress for 12 out of those 18 years.

For the last 8 years conservative Republicans have been trying to ditch the RINOs who vote like Democrats and misrepresent the party. It is definitely time for term limits AND to drain the current swamp.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Best answer possible.
Very Clever!

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I have always thought we wasted too much money on defense. I think we waste too much money on nearly everything the Federal Government touches. Give me a week to go over the Federal budget and I will have it balanced in no time.

edit on 2018/9/2 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Clearly we need to get some fresh blood efficiency
and sound numbers people into the mix to combat the waste
and treachery of yesteryear.

But where were the Last Administrations and State Departments
6 +Billions and Federal Trillions spent again?

SAVVY?
edit on 2-9-2018 by Wildmanimal because: add in

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

You want to address the OP?

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   

You want to address the OP?

Address the OP? I thought I did. You expressed your opinion that the military budget is to high. I addressed the OP by showing how your opinions are not as reliable as you would like to think they are.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   

No you didn't, clearly.

Do you agree that the we've wasted tax payer money on the military? Do you agree it's an issue that needs to be address?

Don't worry, I won't wait for you to actually answer.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Do you agree that the we've wasted tax payer money on the military?

No.

Do you agree it's an issue that needs to be address?

Yes especially in this day and age. Anti-Trumpers have been saying that Trump is going to cause WW3. I wonder why you would be against a powerful and well funded military at a time like that?

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   

That's your response? So what are you going to contribute in order to remedy that? Vote for another Democrat?

You're the one bringing partisanship into this. The OP acknowledged this issue spanning over 18 years which would have to include both parties.

With regards to your question of what we do about it? What's your answer to the the bloated welfare system? I trust that same answer applies to the bloated military budget.

This problem has been spanning since WW2 at least! Our nation is built on spending more than we have.

My answer is to stop spending so much.
Skeleton budget sounds like a start.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

You are correct only one did in the last 18 years. G W Bush.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: Deetermined

You are correct only one did in the last 18 years. G W Bush.

In case there are any misunderstandings, here's what I'm talking about...

President Barack Obama

President Obama had the largest deficits. By the end of his final budget, FY 2017, his deficits were $6.690 trillion. Obama took office during the Great Recession. He immediately needed to spend billions to stop it. He convinced Congress to add the $787 billion economic stimulus package to Bush’s FY 2009 budget. This added $253 billion to the FY 2009 budget. The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act added another $534 billion over the rest of Obama’s terms.

In 2010, the Obama tax cut added $858 billion to the debt in its first two years. Obama increased defense spending, adding as much as $800 billion a year. Federal income decreased due to lower tax receipts from the 2008 financial crisis.

Both Presidents Bush and Obama suffered from higher mandatory spending than their predecessors did. Social Security and Medicare benefits were eating up more of the budget. Health care costs were rising as the American population aged. In 2010, Obama launched the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. It sought to reduce health care spending. This reduction would lower the debt by $143 billion by 2020. In total, $983 billion was added to the national debt under Obama.

President George W. Bush

President Bush is next, racking up $3.293 trillion over two terms. He responded to the 9/11 attacks with the War on Terror. That raised military spending to $600 billion a year. The Bush tax cuts, also known as the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act and Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act, cut taxes to address the 2001 recession. Unfortunately, the cuts did not sunset when the recession was over. That worsened the housing boom and depleted revenues during the 2008 recession.

He attacked the 2008 financial crisis with the $700 billion bailout. Congress added the bailout to the mandatory budget. There it became the Troubled Asset Relief Program.

www.thebalance.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join