It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sticks and stones

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   
So tonight I had my mom and little sister over for some delish dinner. I called my little sister a “chick” and out of nowhere I became the bad guy from both my mom and sister. They told me to be more sensitive and that I wasn’t PC enough to handle the real world.......ARE you Fing kidding me..... I told them “sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me”. I thought that would settle that. But NO my mom shot back with “sticks and stones may break my bones but words hurt forever”..........WTF....... No wonder kids now are so f’ed up and super sensitive.

The only time I get upset about words is when someone says something to purposely upset someone else. Not some BS joke. C’mon parents...

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
So tonight I had my mom and little sister over for some delish dinner. I called my little sister a “chick” and out of nowhere I became the bad guy from both my mom and sister. They told me to be more sensitive and that I wasn’t PC enough to handle the real world.......ARE you Fing kidding me..... I told them “sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me”. I thought that would settle that. But NO my mom shot back with “sticks and stones may break my bones but words hurt forever”..........WTF....... No wonder kids now are so f’ed up and super sensitive.

The only time I get upset about words is when someone says something to purposely upset someone else. Not some BS joke. C’mon parents...

If I dont remember a ladies name I call her sweety or love, sometimes chickybabe depending on how well I know her. Yes I should remember their names but I havnt gotten into any trouble so not worried. I am well into middle age so maybe because I am older I get away with it

Maybe I should change

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Wow, what an experience. What a choice to make.
Compare your nearest and dearest to the throngs of unwashed masses, mind screwed into the false world of PC.
Or own it and recognize that by their standards, be them personal, media induced brainwashing, or some mixture of them both and whatever else lay between, you have spoken to them in in a manner that they find offensive.
May I ask, did you apologize?

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   

So being called 'chick' is going to ruin your sisters life forever

She needs to *get a life* and man up. If thats the worst she ever gets

called in life she'll be very lucky.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   
so PC BS Virus ?

Just Give her a hug.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   

You might want to suggest to your mother and sister that they seek therapy for that. Or better yet, play armchair psychologist yourself and ask them how and why they felt so offended by such an innocent word.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   
haha, I still get scalded every now and again for saying the exact same thing. You gotta take this as an opportunity to turn it around on them, fire with fire, bs with bs, start calling them out in the same way and manner over and over and over until they get sick of it.

then you win.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   
"Get out of my house you pair of retarded imbeciles, I disown you both for being morons! You, You're not my mother, just because I came out of your hole. And you, you're not my sister, I don't even know you, you miscreant."

That would have solved everything.

but swings and roundabouts...

Might not work for you.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Wow, what an experience. What a choice to make.
Compare your nearest and dearest to the throngs of unwashed masses, mind screwed into the false world of PC.
Or own it and recognize that by their standards, be them personal, media induced brainwashing, or some mixture of them both and whatever else lay between, you have spoken to them in in a manner that they find offensive.
May I ask, did you apologize?

Ya i did apologize... Though I will admit I hate doing so.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain
"Get out of my house you pair of retarded imbeciles, I disown you both for being morons! You, You're not my mother, just because I came out of your hole. And you, you're not my sister, I don't even know you, you miscreant."

That would have solved everything.

but swings and roundabouts...

Might not work for you.

I highly doubt that would help, but the idea did cross my mind lol.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   

What I do with the PC types is I realize they will be trying to tug on the heart strings and use emotion rather than logic.

When the big question comes "don't you care?"(tugging heartstrings)
I gleefully reply "NOPE....I don't" and I continue being myself.
I try not to worry about what people think because I am not sure if they think at all to begin with....so why worry?

People need thicker skin.....trying to change someone's behavior so they can feel better is just weak....sometimes the shallowest of rivers make the most noise.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

What I do with the PC types is I realize they will be trying to tug on the heart strings and use emotion rather than logic.

I think the term for that is "Master Manipulator".

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Your age is showing! Mine as well...it's ok.

It's just the modern-age "P.C.-political correctness" slapping our faces!!

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
S&F for you mentioning a term I have not heard since the 60s and 70s
Then I took it back as that was an "inconceivable" error on your part.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Well that was pretty harsh of them.
My own mother says "hey chicky" when she sees me or my sister.
Guess I need to go off on her.

NOT

I'm in my 40's and this crap is just ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

If I dont remember a ladies name I call her sweety or love, sometimes chickybabe depending on how well I know her. Yes I should remember their names but I havnt gotten into any trouble so not worried. I am well into middle age so maybe because I am older I get away with it

Maybe I should change

I call women 'Hun' or 'Doll', usually. It's just a word, ppl are so idiotic nowadays.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

i wonder what happened to all the rubbish polluting the earth.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Today I had a fierce arguement with someone i dont really know. The guy shoot me off the roof tops in to sky. By the way of the conversaion I think there is a way to see or understand if the other party can handle it no matter how hard it may proceed. It shows itself at the very begining of the conversation. Even if you give your full force to it to proceed hard you somehow know the other party will take it or understand it. it ended softly, no need to say. If at the start they show a sign they are breaking, refuse to talk any further. They are not ready for sky.
edit on 31-8-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Yeah, I've been constantly accused of not being "sensitive" enough these days by a few members of my own family, even called "sexist" for saying "chick" or "girlie"- and I am a woman!!! The PC police have gotten completely out of control. I just tell them to either let it go or take their "sensitivity" elsewhere. Life is too short and I am too old to deal with bullcrap in my life!

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Ummm...just think...If one never went searching for offense...why...it might never have been found...

Being offended is a personal decision...one I feel shows a lack of enlightened maturity...

YouSir

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join