It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the knowledge of the humor of true understanding, there is God realization.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Damla

The humor and the laughter I refer to isn't devilish. It's an important distinction to draw however, the difference.

Many are immediately drawn to the negative consideration, and that's unfortunate, but not unexpected.

The point of the presentation in the OP is this idea of the first cause in the process as a point of action that we are engaging in right from the get go.

I can tell that trust does not come easy to you, and that's fine & understandable too.

All I'm asking is for a consideration, nothing more.

My heart really goes out to those who are completely unmoved and who would refuse to laugh because they can't. What did he call it, the dilemma, a deathful life?

The alternative isn't really worth pursuing, that's also worth considering, what we would choose in the midst of the dilemma and predicament and how we respond and react to it.

As far as I know, there's nowhere left to hide and nowhere to run to.. and that's kind of funny, if we have the courage and the wisdom to get present to it, to the truth and the reality where we are either set free or imprisoned in chains by our own hand like the hand of a devil trying to lay captive to our better angel and higher self in the love of God as beloved child of a loving God.

There's always an inclination there, in the action and the process that we're generating from moment to moment as a process, either for good and the glory of God, or for ill & the unfunny rule of Satan.

Some simply cannot allow themselves to be consoled. Pride. It's a sad thing when it kills the source of all our joy.

I would like to challenge you in particular to take a good long look at this dilemma and predicament, you and the reader, particularly if life and relationships have got you down & made you angry and bitter and resentful and drawn to the negative, the morose, the cynical without the spark of inspiration and enthusiasm. Dead inside.

To you, if I could I would extend a hand to lift you from that pit of hell.

edit on 29-8-2018 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   

"Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee." ~Psalms 73:25

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientthunder
Live in peace, live in joy laughter will arise. But those who do not live in peace at all ever, prefer company. Safety in numbers. As many do not live in peace, all there is the creation of fun and how that fun is achieved is of no concern. Their mission is to have fun, this is why are they so keen. Because they somehow know peace and joy is available, but never ever enter it. All they do is live their own poor version of it, which is not it. Envy and disbelief that peace even exists is rampant rebellious behaviour is favoured and is believed to be righteous. The snake eats its own tail/story. A catch 22 drama is born.
None the less peace is always there.

a reply to: AnkhMorpork

It's not easy to find and takes many of us years and years, if ever to get to, but when we do discover that it's our true nature - and therein resides the humor mirth and joy of it, that it was there all along and we were absurd and clueless.

Serious people, too serious, can't get this, so they never get the joke the poor bastards until it's by far too late!

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   

you have some precious pearls. dont you.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   

save the hand for yourself.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Overall, a very nice thread, Ankh.

Just be careful when trying to combine meditation charts and new age words (such as "joke") to relay the message of Jesus Christ. We only need to meditate on the words that God gave us through His scriptures.

While it would please the Father that all come to the understanding and knowledge of Jesus in order to become children of God, the Bible tells us that not all will find it. Some will choose their own will and understanding over God's.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

lets see.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Damla

There's more to God than the beauty of life that surrounds us. This is what the original poster is trying to tell you.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

so, you are saying i am the only person here.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Thank you for posting Adi Da ....this is one of my favourites.
The myth of within.

And I love the Meher Baba quote.........maybe that is my writing is percieved as jibberish, mumbo jumbo and waffle by many. Lol.

“Life is a mighty joke. He who
knows this can hardly be understood by others.

edit on 29-8-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Thank you for posting Adi Da ....this is one of my favourites.
The myth of within.

This is exactly where the OP says that Adi Da missed the mark and never came to true realization of what is.

The OP is working against their own message when he/she posts videos like these.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

But then it kind of wears off as I'm re-absorbed by the concerns of the world & by the "twin scaled dragon of should & shouldn't" (Joseph Campbell)

You might like this talk by Robert Wolfe.....The dis-ease of should (and shouldn't).

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I think that Adi Da's description offered some phenomenal insights but that he missed the I-Thou beloved/beloved other relationship and made himself all that.

I also think that when Jesus said "what does it profit a man to gain the WHOLE world but lose his own soul" that he wasn't talking about riches, wealth or power, but a repudiation of Buddhism taken to it's logical conclusion of becoming "one with everything" while expunging all desire or zeroed out. For example, in order to kill off his remaining desire, Buddha refused to eat rice.

The human being is a wellspring of desire. The question is upon what shall it be focused?

The idea of these "Godmen" making such a simple error is amuzing and both paid a heavy price for it, in Adi Da's case, the loss of his humor in the gaining of ever increasing seriousness, and in Meher Baba's case for saying "I am God in human form" and one in the same as Jesus Christ.

The student can never be and needn't be as great as the master.

edit on 29-8-2018 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I gathered a somewhat similar conclusion. On the one hand- he talks about man as a process, bot a thing. And this is just-!! So true. He talks about the true man making things functional, living as a healthy process which alchemies the internal environment and transforms the outer as well. He says that it's not by seeking inward, or outward, but refining our process, our actions, in which we find happiness.

All of that is just so true. Because the reason people get into religion or spirituality, if they aren't just seeking some sort of existential comfort, is to find a way to change themselves and make themselves better. Seems to reinforce a belief of mine I'm coming to lately where things like spirituality and religion are colours preventing us from doing our true work.

You said "The human being is a wellspring of desire. The question is upon what shall it be focused? "
And in my view if you look back to the quotes I just mentioned, you'll find that he answered that question. The answer is himself, his actions, and to find a meaningful place in the world around him. We are actors, constantly making any number of actions. It isn't until we align ourselves and bring our actions into balance that we are really whole.

What did seem off to me was when he was saying that everything would be discussed or viewed with an essentially detached sort of humor.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I did not watch your posted video because I do not believe in following any other's path but my own, but I did read your OP.

God made us all that we are, so why deny the ego? Accept all that you are and experience all that can be experienced both spiritually, mentally and physically. Why try to dissect the all of which you are? This will result in a partial understanding of existence.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Laughter is often scorn. If not of others then of our-self. Through no fault of our own, our ego has been manipulated by dna and society to seek rewards. So better tool than laughter is empathy. Understanding that we need escape from the prison of that manipulation. That doesn't mean we have to unravel the ego. We only need set aims that will over-ride bad behaviour. Constantly reminding our brain when it falters. Thus making us the master instead of a slave to its endless desires.

Wanting enlightenment for ones own benefit is grasping. If we don't seek enlightenment for the sole purpose of helping others then it will never occur (aka Bodhicitta). Its not between I and God. Its between I and everyone else.
edit on 29-8-2018 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I also think that when Jesus said "what does it profit a man to gain the WHOLE world but lose his own soul" that he wasn't talking about riches, wealth or power, but a repudiation of Buddhism taken to it's logical conclusion of becoming "one with everything" while expunging all desire or zeroed out. For example, in order to kill off his remaining desire, Buddha refused to eat rice.

The human being is a wellspring of desire. The question is upon what shall it be focused?

The answer to your last question is clear in the Bible. Let's look at the Bible verse you mentioned above and compare it to a couple of others.

Mark 8:36-38

36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

The answer lies within Jesus being our focus. Here's why...

Matthew 10:28, 32-33

28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

edit on 29-8-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Laughter is often scorn.

Uncontrollable laughter can happen when the big joke is got.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Manaical laughter !!!

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

How do you resolve Mathew with Moses "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me", which is exclusive relationship between oneself and Go?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join