It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tibbetts' father: Hispanic locals 'Iowans with better food'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
www.aol.com...

"The Hispanic community are Iowans. They have the same values as Iowans," he said. "As far as I'm concerned, they're Iowans with better food."

That is quite a statement from a man that just lost his loved one.

Sometimes humanity knows no bounds.

I really do not think i could fill those shoes the same as him.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

He sounds like a reasonable guy. Iowan Hispanics are Americans after all. And they didn't murder his daughter.

An illegal criminal alien murdered his daughter. Did you expect him to start bashing hispanics for some reason?

I don't think any reasonable person would think that.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Did you expect him to start bashing hispanics for some reason?

I was not expecting anything from him and was very surprised when i seen the article.

Personally i would prolly start hatin much if i were him. Good on him.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Yeah, thats a stand up guy, gotta respect...his respect. Good for him, cant imagine his pain right now.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

btw

an illegal alien can also be an Iowan Hispanic

he did not specify between the groups

only you done that as far as i have read

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Sounds like he doesn't want his daughters death to continue being a national politicized story any more than it's been, and he said it with a sense of humor. I can respect that.

Just look to the family of Seth Rich and the Right Wing's obsession to pin on it Hillary Clinton. Nobody want's to deal with that especially when they should be mourning the death of their daughter.
edit on 27-8-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Would you have expected him to make a blanket statement that was derogatory against all Hispanics? Would you?

Why should he, or you if it we're you, be angry at Hispanics in general?

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

btw

an illegal alien can also be an Iowan Hispanic

he did not specify between the groups

only you done that as far as i have read

No. They can't.

An illegal alien cannot be an Iowan.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

i see your opinion!

I definitely did not make the thread to debate immigration.

I think it is remarkable that the guy has such a big heart.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SorrowSong

Would you have expected him to make a blanket statement that was derogatory against all Hispanics? Would you?

Why should he, or you if it we're you, be angry at Hispanics in general?

It is hard to say but prolly yes i would be very much out of my right mind if i were in his shoes.

I guess that is what attracted me to the story the fact that he is level headed.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Sounds like he doesn't want his daughters death to continue being a national politicized story any more than it's been, and he said it with a sense of humor. I can respect that.

Just look to the family of Seth Rich and the Right Wing's obsession to pin on it Hillary Clinton. Nobody want's to deal with that especially when they should be mourning the death of their daughter.

Well said.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Kind of a strawman argument from pops; The issue is about one illegal and illegal people from any and all nations.

This comment was obviously made out of pain and loss
edit on 8272018 by Butterfinger because: spelling

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

www.aol.com...

"The Hispanic community are Iowans. They have the same values as Iowans," he said. "As far as I'm concerned, they're Iowans with better food."

I think he went a little too far to say they are Iowans with better food. Better than what? What does this have to do with illegal immigrants? Is someone writing this crap for him or he values Mexican cuisine more than the life of his daughter? Losing a child would be devastating to me. Scorched earth. His comment is very unusual.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

www.aol.com...

What an odd way to word that.

Obviously he has never had a really good Iowa Steak or yummmmm Porkchop! I doubt the Mexican food in Iowa is better than either of those.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

I agree that it was a very odd statement to make. He is obviously speaking out of grief and turning the attention away from a true horror. He should not have been quoted. He is being politicized and this was just awkward-like someone fed him the quote. It is very odd indeed and very, very sad.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Maybe the guy just likes Mexican food... and this was his light-hearted way of telling people to quit using his daughters death, to vindicate their own racist & bigoted beliefs!

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

www.aol.com...

What an odd way to word that.

Obviously he has never had a really good Iowa Steak or yummmmm Porkchop! I doubt the Mexican food in Iowa is better than either of those.

Seriously. The only Mexican cuisine worth mentioning in Iowa is "Tasty Tacos" in Des Moines. Steak, chops, bacon, and sweet corn are what would make Mexican food any good at all. The Iowa original "Fongs Pizza" in Des Moines is literally Alton Browns favorite restaurant. I think i'll trust Alton Brown when it comes to judging food.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
a reply to: drewlander

I agree that it was a very odd statement to make. He is obviously speaking out of grief and turning the attention away from a true horror. He should not have been quoted. He is being politicized and this was just awkward-like someone fed him the quote. It is very odd indeed and very, very sad.

Indeed this was an incredulous statement if not politically driven propaganda. In the context of people conflating Mexican ethnicity with Illegal immigrants this might make a bit of sense. Ethnicity is not a measurement of citizenship so for the safety of fellow citizens there is no reason that he should not take a stand against undocumented illegal foreigners and those who harbor them.
edit on 27-8-2018 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

www.aol.com...

I think he went a little too far to say they are Iowans with better food. Better than what? What does this have to do with illegal immigrants? Is someone writing this crap for him or he values Mexican cuisine more than the life of his daughter? Losing a child would be devastating to me. Scorched earth. His comment is very unusual.

You kidding me, bro? The guy who started our neighborhood pizza place decades ago was Sicilian. He was an American, too, he just sold better food. Now his grandkids sell it.
My stepmother's Chinese, came here direct from China. She's also an American, just with better food, too. Same thing with the Cubans in Florida, they're Americans, just with better food.

Honestly, if I had to pick one food type to be stuck on a deserted island with for eternity, it wouldn't be traditional American. I'd actually have one hell of a time choosing between Korean and Cuban, I adore both. American fare's relatively boring (and greasy) by comparison, sorry.

God forbid some murder victim's parent inspires a few smiles out of a sad death by pointing out some group of folks people tend to s# on is still American, but with better cuisine. What'd he do, smite you with that?

Edit: Congrats on making a mountain out of a mole hill, BTW. Getting panties in a wad over food, really?
edit on 8/27/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I have no idea what you are getting at.

Here is another recent survivor of a similar attempt by an illegal to abduct a girl out exercising. Probably not getting much attention by the MSM because the abductor was illegal and usuccessful, and the family is not making statements about delicious Mexican food.

another one here

top topics

<<   2 >>

join