It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opening eyes during astral projection

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Hello

I do get sleep paralysis from time to time which used to be terrifying so upon reading I decided about this I decided to try and turn this into a positive experience with astral projection. I have had one fantastic experience which was so peaceful and amazing. I have also have had many experiences which have come very close. When I get 'the vibrations' they are very intense, but my mindset is to just 'go with the flow'

Now my question is with opening your eyes. The last experience I had I do come out of my body and could feel myself floating, but for one reason or another I did not want to open my eyes as I figured this would end the experience causing my body to wake up. Obviously I could not see end I then felt myself return to my body. Has anyone else experienced this, and what do you end up doing.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I used to get sleep paralysis all the time. I was frightened the first handful of times then, like you, I learned to make a positive experience out of it, learning about it definitely helped with that. However, I haven't had an episode in years

Just go with the flow and things will fall into place.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JimD350

Travel away from your body before trying to open your eyes. If you're too close in the here and now and try opening them, you'll either wake up or you'll be in a dual state where your physical eyes will open and you'll see through them rather than you astral eyes. That's been my experience back when I projected a lot.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
this is my experience as well.

If i try to open my eyes when im too close to my body my real eyes open.

If i walk away from my body further or fly away or float away and then open my eyes it works.

Sometimes ill also try to plant my feet on the ground and take deep breaths and center myself and stabilize myself. Make sure your completely in the astral and then open your eyes.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I had many sleep paralysis episodes. I also suffered cramps. I literally had to roll out of bed, stiff and in pain sometimes.

I take some magnesium supplements for cramps from time to time.

Cramps disappeared and I've never have had a sleep paralysis episode since.

Might be something in that.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimD350
Hello

I do get sleep paralysis from time to time which used to be terrifying so upon reading I decided about this I decided to try and turn this into a positive experience with astral projection. I have had one fantastic experience which was so peaceful and amazing. I have also have had many experiences which have come very close. When I get 'the vibrations' they are very intense, but my mindset is to just 'go with the flow'

Now my question is with opening your eyes. The last experience I had I do come out of my body and could feel myself floating, but for one reason or another I did not want to open my eyes as I figured this would end the experience causing my body to wake up. Obviously I could not see end I then felt myself return to my body. Has anyone else experienced this, and what do you end up doing.

Projecting for 45 years. Never ever opened my eyes.The visual stimulous interrupts things.

You could try in a completely quiet and dark room...Since my 45 yrs of traveling, meditating...transcendental or astral..part of the process is to close your eyes. It's often referred to as "going within to travel with-out".

Best when as sensory influences are blocked..eyes closed. Safe travels. P. Message me anytime..

MS

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimD350
Hello

Had a very weird experience where i felt floating just like you described, i opened my eyes and saw my room but it was like if i was watching through glass, it was a bit blurry, then i remember thinking i can go anywhere, felt happy and free, all exited to go see what was out there.

then tried to float away, i moved a bit towards the wall and then i heard a very high scream and turned around and saw myself sleeping in the bed, screaming like crazy, like in a lot of pain. Something very violently dragged me down and i woke up in my bed and my mama was next to me slapping me trying to wake me up, she said i started screaming in my sleep for several minutes but i only heard one scream before I woke up

when i got out of bed and started walking i felt like i did not fit on my body, i was walking with no shoes but could not sense the floor, i felt like o was disconnected and hovering. also i could feel something very weird like all the cells in my body dying slowly and i was aware of it

it was terrible, something weird happen that day, it was painful too, but i could not explain it at all to anyone, there are no words to explain that feeling

edit to add: before i felt like floating there was a very crazy vibration feeling in all my body that woke me up, except when i 'woke up' i was floating in like a dark liquid thing, like i could swim inside or float, it was not air and neither water, i could never explain to be honest

that was when i was 14 or so, i have never tried again, something inside me old me that it was not good to try anymore
edit on 24-8-2018 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Maybe I just don't understand the concept of astral projection, but I've had sleep paralysis my entire life. It happens in clusters of about 3-8 experiences every 4-6 months or so. It's terrifying. Bad dreams don't bother me at all, but this is something else. I can't travel away from my body, and as far as I can tell, my eyes are already open. A demonic figure always chokes me, looms over me, or presses down on my chest so I can't do anything. All I can try to do is warn my fiance, or try to shield her in some way, but it never works. I can typically gain control of my wrists first and frantically tap her waist, which she is quite familiar with now. Funny thing is, she said my eyes were open half the times she woke me up...

So I'm confused. Is there some correlation between sleep paralysis and astral projection? Genuine question.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

The only correlation that I can offer you with my experience, is that in both astral projection and sleep paralysis, the mind is "awake" and the body is "asleep".

When you are going to sleep, the body purposely makes sure that you cannot re-enact anything that were to happen inside your dreams (obviously, in the case of sleepwalkers, this fails). However, in cases like sleep paralysis, sometimes the brain doesn't get the command to go to sleep.

Now, a fun tidbit I learned on another forum is that normally, your body will give you a "twitch" to determine if you are asleep or not. In my case, I've woken up several times due to the twitch. I also found that I can get to a "sleep paralysis" like state by focusing on my breathing and gently twitching a foot or hand.

A few people that practice don't mind the paralysis (I'm one of them), as it's a step that makes projection a little easier. If you want to stop it though, the easiest way is to ride with it. It's like a riptide - all you'll do is wear yourself out trying to break out of it. Another trick you can try is focusing on your own body (quickest way back to waking up while on an OBE/astral projection).

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: WarriorMH

that sounds like a crazy experience.

I think the black fluid like substance sounds like the 3d blackness you can project to. I think it is an electromagnetic force that your consciousness uses to create reality.

THe first time I projected my body looked distorted too when i looked back at it. It scared me and i got back in my body.
Sometimes it does feel like your floating when you come out of it. I think your consciousness was readjusting after your first experience.

These realms can be very scary sometimes but you have to be confident that you are in complete control of what happens.
You must realize that these are realms of pure consciousness and your manifestations instantly happen. Stay confident and positive and happy to have good experiences.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I have had sleep paralysis a few times in my life. It can be a very scary experience. Recently I spent a lot of time studying Astral Projection.
I tried everything and read everything I could but without much success. I thought I came close a few times but sadly it wasn't meant to be.
I have heard some amazing stories on this site and it makes me want to try all over again, but it's just getting in that state of mind that I found hard.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

That's interesting. I should try the focusing on the body thing. Never thought of it. Thank you.

That said, I'm I lucid dreamer, and I'm confused about your reenact comment... Why would that be a thing and why would you want to relive something? Again, honest questions.

BTW my paralysis is involuntary and horrifying. The people who surround me are.... Off-putting....

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

That's interesting. I should try the focusing on the body thing. Never thought of it. Thank you.

That said, I'm I lucid dreamer, and I'm confused about your reenact comment... Why would that be a thing and why would you want to relive something? Again, honest questions.

BTW my paralysis is involuntary and horrifying. The people who surround me are.... Off-putting....

But i thought that he said the reenact thing is very tied to sleep paralysis, the thing is, your body will go to sleep and prevent movement so that if you are dreaming you are walking you don't actually start walking and fell down the stairs or through the window

Sometimes, your body goes to sleep like that and can't move at all, but your brain is not in the same state, it is half awake or aware and you try to move and your body won't respond, so you get the sleep paralysis moment

Is not that he is trying to reenact, but that if you were fully asleep and dreaming you are flying and your body were able to move, you may actually jump through the window to fly if that's what's happening on your dream, so the body has to be unable to move to prevent that. For sleepwalkers the body doesn't go to sleep only the mind, so they move around while still asleep and that's dangerous and even more scary, just imagine going to sleep and waking up out there on the street not knowing what happened or how did you get there :S

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

WarriorMH did a good job explaining: The short version is that the body purposely paralyzes itself to keep you from doing something you shouldn't.

For example (and this personally happened to me when I was little) : I had a dream that I was flying, and next thing I know, I was gasping for air on the floor. When I was "flying" in my dream, I was actually rolling around in bed, and rolled completely over the side of the bunk, and flew with style to the floor 6 feet below.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

thank goodness youse two posted in this thread.... i was completely lost in reading the other posters messages/ issues/ difficulties encountered, the posts seemed totally different from any OBE or Astral Travel i do from time-to-time

i do self imposed paralysis, toe to head, turn off all senses.... i then search for then focus on the tiny pinpoint of light which only my minds eye can see-> i float or soar closer to that dot-of-light until it is large enough for me to get inside of...

once inside the doorway/portal/iris of light, i might find myself in either of two landscapes -->

--->One is 'soaring' at a couple hundred feet above a perpetual & undulating forest of trees from horizon-to-horizon as far a my vision can see (i think i am only an eyeball or perhaps an Eagle soaring above the landscape, never having to flap my wings if i had any) I would land whenever I sensed that it was time for me to explore or experience the Lessons to-be-learned at that outpost of civilization (humans or whomever)

--->Two is entering the classic 'wormhole' we see often in Sci-Fy movies-->my 'self' gets swept up into the tunnel and i watch as Galaxies pass by at ever increasing speeds--> in no time at all (say 3 seconds) i stop at a destination i was being sent to...once it was a bricked street in a long ago French town and i had to try to 'blend-in' and not be discovered and proclaimed a demon or witch, i expected the hunchback of Notre Dame to suddenly appear anytime
most of the time i guess i 'shapeshifted' to be natural with the surroundings/peoples on rare times i would still be only an invisible eye/ear to witness or remember what the inhabitants at that outer space destination were doing/actions/saying

triggering the obe/AP is like getting in to drive a car to me by now, i have it down to a routine in-a-way...

but the surprise at the destination is always the lure to do it again in a couple days (for good reason there is a necessary delay)

edit on th31153547376028292018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Super Interesting I'm replying to this today on August 28, 2018 when exactly four years ago I wrote:

My First OBE/Astral Projection

but to answer your question, and as some others have said. Once you are out of your body, it's safe to open your eyes. I sometimes also wait till I'm a bit away. Astral Projecting is a fascinating experience.

I started it myself because I live a very skeptical life, I want to experience something for myself before truly believing. This wasn't so much about astral projecting in itself for me, as it was to prove I have a soul. If I could prove I had a soul, that I was able to astral project with and interact with the world in a whole new level... I could go much deeper then this but needless to say, it worked. If you want to read about my first experiences, they are on that link, Happy Travels!

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Open your eyes. New experiences will merge.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
What is Astral and is it a made up world or is it the Afterlife ?

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: 808Funk

You may be better off starting your own thread on these questions, but I'll briefly give my take on this.

Depending on who you read and who you follow, the astral usually falls into one of the below options:

1. It's an intense lucid dream, and doesn't exist.
2. It's something that exists within yourself.
3. It's something that encompasses everything beyond the physical (IE: The spiritual realm/afterlife is just one level of the astral).

If I had to be biased, I'd say it was 3: I feel it's very much like Dante's The Divine Comedy, and arranged in "levels". Depending on how mature you are and grow as a person or spirit, that will determine how high you can go. The "lower" astral planes are closest to the physical world, and the higher are closer to "enlightenment".

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

The few times I’ve been able to actually open my eyes, the room was very distorted. I had to struggle and concentrate greatly to get my eyes to crack open just a little bit. Things were still there but they were not exactly where they should have been. For example, the ceiling was Vaulted in that state but flat in waking reality. Almost as if it was a slightly different version of the room I was in.
edit on 9-9-2018 by Gumerk because: Clarification

edit on 9-9-2018 by Gumerk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join