It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opening eyes during astral projection

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Slightly off topic, but my question is, if your soul/consciousness leaves your body, isn't that leaving your body open for something else to come into it while you are gone?

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: 3boodAE

I can give a more in-depth answer via PM (Not because I hold the secrets to life itself, but out of respect for the OP).

Again, briefly: None of the authors, people, nor myself ever reported anything of the such. The enigma of the astral projection is that if it truly is an "out of body" experience, then something remains (else you'd have a hard time finding yourself. Your "spirit" is the key to a very complex body lock.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: fossilera
a reply to: 808Funk

You may be better off starting your own thread on these questions, but I'll briefly give my take on this.

Depending on who you read and who you follow, the astral usually falls into one of the below options:

1. It's an intense lucid dream, and doesn't exist.
2. It's something that exists within yourself.
3. It's something that encompasses everything beyond the physical (IE: The spiritual realm/afterlife is just one level of the astral).

If I had to be biased, I'd say it was 3: I feel it's very much like Dante's The Divine Comedy, and arranged in "levels". Depending on how mature you are and grow as a person or spirit, that will determine how high you can go. The "lower" astral planes are closest to the physical world, and the higher are closer to "enlightenment".

Cheers mate but it's a bloody mind field

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I can't speak for astral projection, but when I had sleep paralysis once including jet blasting sounds in my ears etc., I forced myself up in spite of the difficulty and in an instant everything was quiet, and I was sitting up at the end of my bed. I slowly turned around and there I was dead asleep.

It was very unnerving, but I was 100% awake/aware, but the body was there on the bed looking dead. I moved around a bit and then snapped back in my flesh body and got up. It was one of the first experiences that really made me aware of what might be out there.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I can’t seem to GET SP. I’ve had it a handful of times since trying to OBE over two years. Though it really is scary when it’s happening.

Not sure what advice to give on the eyes. Perhaps try not to overthink the process. Just focus on leaving the body and focus on what you’re going to see (like your room) when you exit.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JimD350

Doing anything that involves your body has the risk of snapping you back or taking away your focus (which isn't anything to fear or be worried about, but obviously counter-productive). That also doesn't mean you can't use your body for anything while AP or OOB. I can still hear with my body when I'm out of it, even OOB. I can use my eyes while AP, carefully so as not to break focus, but have no control over my body's eyes while I'm OOB and ONLY see with my OOB eyes (third eye) while out of body.

I suspect it's different for each person.

I hope that helps.
edit on 13-2-2019 by Dwagon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join