It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something going on the the CDC isn't telling us ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
What is it with all the flesh-eating bacteria coming from animals and water ?

Recently people are losing their limbs over dog's licking them 2 cases of that a few cases of someone digging for clams even just heard in Britain off a case of a flesh-eating STD , Now a guy here in the US survived a shark bite but now has it . Has it always been this prevalent ?

According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control there are about 80,000 cases of Vibrio infection in the U.S. every year and about 100 deaths. The incidence of infection has been increasing.

edit on 8/23/2018 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

I think access to information just made it seem more prevalent. These cases are anomalies as it seems now.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I think access to information just made it seem more prevalent. These cases are anomalies as it seems now.

That, combined with the fact that there's nearly 8 Billion of us.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Prepare to be eaten in 3 2 1

Like Stinker says it's still extremely rare. But a good headline. And no wonder it's terrorfying, right? Yuk

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Yup. The 24 hour and instantaneous news from around the world makes things seem more common than they really are... even things like crime are down, but if you were to ask someone, they'd think crime is higher simply because of the reporting.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Got any links to the specific cases sounds like it could be rather interesting.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Here's a few recent ones ..

www.foxnews.com... /2018/08/23/texas-man-bitten-by-shark-has-flesh-eating-bacteria-related-to-attack.html

www.fox29.com...

www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Yea?!?!?! Well my links were funnier!

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Yes they were !

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Bacteria and Virus survive and thrive in warmer climates, this could most certainly mean if the earth gets warmer expect to see more pestilence...

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It just got much worse.

'Flesh-eating' STD reported in UK for first time.

SOUTHPORT, UK (KRON) - A rare sexually transmitted disease that causes flesh-eating ulcers on the infected person's genitalia has been in reported in England, according to the Lancashire Post.

The unidentified woman, who lives in Southport, is reportedly between the ages of 15 and 25 was diagnosed with donovanosis within the past year.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), donovanosis (Granuloma Inguinale) is spread through sexual intercourse with an infected patient, or by coming into contact with a patient's infected ulcer.

The CDC says the painless disease causes progressive ulcerative lesions on the genitals or perineum -- areas prone to heavy bleeding.

The STD is rarely reported in the United States but is endemic in some tropical and developing areas, including India, Papua New Guinea, the Caribbean, central Australia, and southern Africa.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage
Bacteria and Virus survive and thrive in warmer climates, this could most certainly mean if the earth gets warmer expect to see more pestilence...

Can we call it The Great Culling?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
You know ... these things were around in the old days too. Except in those days, they just said the wound "turned bad" and he died.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I myself know two people who have lost limbs due to this

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
They should call it spontaneous human consumption.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I always hear of a few cases like this every year. The reality is that it isn't all that common, but the take away is that there is some really messed up infections / alien like sh*t that is out there. It is pure bad luck. Some people for whatever reason just respond horribly to infections or bacteria that don't affect 99.99% of people.

I am extremely allergic to wasp stings. I almost died when I was a kid from a hornet sting. I spent two years taking weekly anti-venom shots to build up my immunity, but I still sometimes wind up in the ER from a simple yellow jacket sting.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Well I do know something about the guy with the shark bite that ended up with flesh eating bacteria in Texas because he got bit at the beach where my sister lives. There is so much really bad bacteria in the gulf along the Bolivar Peninsula that you couldn't pay me to get in that water! The last few years the fecal bacteria levels have been so high that there are warnings that you enter the water at your own risk. Where do you think all the sewers along the Gulf Coast eventually end up draining to? Especially after Harvey flooded all of south and east Texas last year- including huge cities like Houston?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I've been saying this for a long time. There were horrible things that happened in the past, we just didn't know what they were.

For example, I am 100% convinced that my grandma had parkinson's. We didn't know what that was back then, so we just called it the shakes or nervous energy.

Many people died of various things and a lot of time they probably just guessed what it was most similar to, ie: consumption, pneumonia etc.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join