It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something going on the the CDC isn't telling us ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
There is the mystery too of the self-cloning ticks that found their way to the area Lyme disease first began. These ticks can suck an animal dry of blood.

The big mystery is how the ticks got there. The sheep itself "had no history of travel outside the country," the report authors noted. It hadn't even traveled locally for a few years, and no other domestic animals live on the property.

www.businessinsider.com...

An east-Asian species of tick capable of swarming animals and sucking their blood so fast they die has established itself in the US, with eight states on the eastern seaboard reporting the presence of the pest. Public health officials have said they are concerned about the growing presence of the Asian longhorned tick,

Carry human-killing virus.

In Asia, however, the species carries a virus that has been known to have a fatality rate of up to 30 per cent.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: abeverage
Bacteria and Virus survive and thrive in warmer climates, this could most certainly mean if the earth gets warmer expect to see more pestilence...

Can we call it The Great Culling?

It is already named The Holocene or 6th Extinction as the world gets warmer and many beneficial or harmless bacteria and Virus' are either wiped out or their predators are, we are left with the nastier ones. One reason "Anti-bacterial" soap is a bad idea, its kills bacteria that maybe kills other bacteria or creates super bacteria.

As this cycle continues we are not the only ones who will suffer at biological contamination, flesh eating bacteria or Necrotizing Fasciitis is indiscriminate to what flesh it eats so basically those microbes speed along the extinction...

Perhaps we are seeing an uptick in them so that they can clean up the aftermath of the Holocene era?

edit on pmbAmerica/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoThu, 23 Aug 2018 17:18:37 -0500pm5America/Chicago by abeverage because: an extinction agenda

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Flesh-eating bacteria cases on the rise, researchers call for urgent response

Victoria is facing a worsening epidemic of flesh-eating bacteria that cause a disease known internationally as Buruli ulcer – and we don't know how to prevent it.

Flesh-Eating Disease Usually Found In Africa Now An Epidemic In Australia

Scientists in Australia highlight the worsening epidemic of flesh-eating disease in the country. The contagion becomes unavoidable as experts themselves are clueless about the disease.

Cases of flesh-eating disease are rapidly increasing in Australia, specifically in Victoria. The lesions are becoming more severe in nature and infections occur in new geographical locations.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Gargoyle91

I think access to information just made it seem more prevalent. These cases are anomalies as it seems now.

Actually a medical article I read on this stated that incidents are way up. This is not just because of increased communication ability. They are trying to find out why the big increase of incidents

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I think access to information just made it seem more prevalent. These cases are anomalies as it seems now.

Actually a medical article I read on this stated that incidents are way up. This is not just because of increased communication ability. They are trying to find out why the big increase of incidents

Ah, I remember seeing these stories in the past, I guess if you're only used to seeing one every once in a while, a handful in a year is a big jump.

abeverage had a good read as to some of the reasons for that happening.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I saw the pictures of the guy that was bitten by a shark and it doesn't look like flesh eating bacteria to me. It's a nasty bite and it's infected but I don't see anything further than that. I have dealt with bacteria that are considered flesh eating and they cause much more damage than that. I wonder if there is some sensationalism there as he is trying to raise money on GoFundMe.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Man in Georgia owned a lawn care. Pruning trees in a customer's yard.
Lady in Georgia. Swimming in the Chattahoochee
The list goes way , way back
Nothing new.
Nothing unusual

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

This is the bigger problem.

We discovered anti-bacterials, but they aren't perfectly anti-bacterial. We've been breeding our own resistant strains of disease both through overuse of anti-bacterial compounds and through people's refusal to completely treat themselves all the way when they do need to use an anti-bacterial compound (antibiotic).

On the one hand, we've weakened ourselves, and on the other, we've strengthened the bugs out to kill us.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Flesh-eating bacteria cases on the rise, researchers call for urgent response

Victoria is facing a worsening epidemic of flesh-eating bacteria that cause a disease known internationally as Buruli ulcer – and we don't know how to prevent it.

Flesh-Eating Disease Usually Found In Africa Now An Epidemic In Australia

Scientists in Australia highlight the worsening epidemic of flesh-eating disease in the country. The contagion becomes unavoidable as experts themselves are clueless about the disease.

Cases of flesh-eating disease are rapidly increasing in Australia, specifically in Victoria. The lesions are becoming more severe in nature and infections occur in new geographical locations.

The two types of honey were effective in killing the bacteria. Even bacteria growing in a biofilm, a thin, slimy layer formed by bacteria that affords resistance to antibiotics, were susceptible to honey. ... Manuka honey was 82% effective in killing MSSA. Manuka honey was 63% effective in killing MRSA.Sep 22, 2008

I wonder why this has not stopped it, I know much of the Manuka honey sold is fake.

Humble Honey Kills Bacteria - WebMD
www.webmd.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Wow another one this time it's just from food ????

Arm gone from sushi

A 71-year-old man in South Korea had his left forearm amputated after he developed a fever and excruciating pain in his hand hours after eating raw fish. The unnamed patient, who had a history of type 2 diabetes, hypertension and was facing end-stage renal disease, developed large blisters on the palm on his left hand, which quickly spread to the rest of his hand.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Ha you beat me to it by two days, but...dayum...sushi.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I live on the Texas coast and have for many years ( 2 min walk to the beach).

Vibrio aka. flesh eating bacteria is nothing new. Professionals that work off shore or bay/intercostal industries and persons residing near coastlines are aware of the risks and have always have been. Some year incidents are high, some years very few locally.

Any open wound exposed to sea water during warm water season should be irrigated with 91% alcohol immediately. I carry bedadine solution as it doesn't wear off as quickly.

Sharp shells, fishooks, rocks, crab bites etc. All are potential risks if exposed to seasonally warm sea water.

Personally, I had a friend pass from exposure just by scrathing his shin on a dock right after a fishing tournament leaving his boat. He was a dentist, saw inflammation the next day and prescribed an antibiotics for himself. In a matter of 3 days, lost both legs, and left arm. Soon after kidney failure and expired on the 5th day.

It's a real thing, but preventable with just basic first aid.

Mg

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I believe diabetics as well as those with liver problems are already instructed no to eat raw fish, certain shellfish and molluscs.

Low immune defense and all that...

Mg

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
It's not just people that go across open borders.
Nearly all once-eradicated diseases in the West are making comebacks.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Et Tu Sushi?!

Sushi is my favorite food but I refuse to eat it any more.
Just too risky.
If only wasabi killed viruses I'd be fine but alas!

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Wasabi is my friend. You reckon full-strength kimchi might kill it? Because I'm having a hard time with this one.

edit on 31-8-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join