It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Lane - Now Cat 5 w/ Hawaii in its crosshairs

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I believe ya. I never underestimate what foolishness people will do.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Stay safe Phage and anyone else who may be affected!

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

That looks to me a bit like an eyewall replacement cycle that occurs as it ramps down. Didn't like that northward jog toward y'all. Glad the surge isn't an issue. That was my main worry, moreso than the wind. No stacking, no cry.

Be safe, friend.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Phage How are you fairing ? ....My friends are from Oahu ....they grew up near the old airport that is now condos ( if you know where that was ? ) ... There daughter is a nurse there now , and most of there extended family is still there . ...hoping everything is going ok on your end ... Stay safe!
edit on 25-8-2018 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

It's been a little gusty since last evening. Some rain. It looks like the really heavy rain is staying clear of the islands. Humidity is worse than normal.

If we hadn't had the satellite stuff it would have been just another rainy day with strong tradewinds.

Really amazing how fast the storm fell apart.

edit on 8/25/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Meldionne1

It's been a little gusty since last evening. Some rain. It looks like the really heavy rain is staying clear of the islands. Humidity is worse than normal.

If we hadn't had the satellite stuff it would have been just another rainy day with strong tradewinds.

Really amazing how fast the storm fell apart.

Glad to hear....you don't need to deal with hurricane devastation !!!....we are still rebuilding from Irma .... Still homeless .... So it is not fun to deal with Hurricane crap !!! .... I am Glad Lane has fallen apart !!!

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Oahu made out ok, glad you folks over there are doing alright.

Hawaii island, though, is seeing major flooding. Unprecedented in some areas.

Really good that this storm was not any worse than it was, because it was devastating for many.
edit on 26-8-2018 by VariableConstant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: roadgravel

You'd be surprised where people build things.

"Meh, this stream hasn't run in years. Those boulders in the streambed, I don't know where they came from but it can't mean much."

A bit of an exaggeration. A bit. But I may be a bit giddy.

boy do you ever have that right. and no it's really not much of an exaggeration. a friend of mine just bought a house about a month ago. then a couple weeks ago it flooded in the heavy rains, which that area is prone to do being the flood plain of a river that can go many meters high in rains. and of course the next thing you know they are whining and complaining about how the government needs to do something about it. wanting the government to spend billions of dollars (money which the government really doesn't have), building giant underground flood control canals and catch basins. to keep their area from flooding such as rich countries like Japan have. i got annoyed and said what the government should do, which they can afford, is to make laws making it illegal to build, live or have businesses in such a well known flood plain. for some reason they didn't seem to like that idea. stating yet again that it is the government's job to make the area stop flooding. and thus protect the people and their possessions.

glad to hear you have weathered the storm fine so far. how much do the mountains actually contribute to the breaking up of storms like hurricanes/typhoons? i know here it seems pretty common that as soon as a typhoon hits the mountainous areas they either severely slow down, or break up completely.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join