It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sitting in the emergency room

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   
My boy will be two years old this Labor Day. He was having labored (no pun intended) breathing this evening and my wife noticed it had intensified around midnight. The nurse-on-call told us to wake him up to see if it kind of resets his breathing and if not, take him to the hospital.

Waking him didn’t help so here we sit in a hospital room at 4:20am. The doctors say he looks good. No wheezing and just minor crackling in his lungs which he’s had for months on end at this point so nothing out of the norm.

The checked his records and would you know it... to the day yesterday at 3:00am one year ago we were right where we currently sit. We didn’t realize it was so...synchronized. But last year he was admitted for 3 days and it was very stressful. It also started the same way as you can imagine, labored breathing. So my wife and were obviously tonight/this morning.

But they took x-rays and he had an albuterol treatment tonight and they’re about to let us go with a script for a steroid. Thank God!

In addition, my granddaddy died Saturday morning. We’re headed up to Tom Bean, TX for the Saturday service this Friday.

My wife’s sister is currently in the hospital for dehydration and not sure what exactly happened.

Her mom was admitted this evening for chest pain and it’s yet to be determined what exactly that was.

We’ll pull through but I just wanted to share our recent happenings. It’s been quite stressful.

When it rains it pours!

Take care all!!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Take care all!!

You take care as well !

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now, but it’s great news your little boy didn’t need to be hospitalized.
Hang in there OP... even though it pours at times, there can be sweet sunshine afterwards. Don’t really know what to say to ease the sorrow, except “this too shall pass”.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   

My sincere best wishes for a great outcome, along with that case study... entering the mix !

😊

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   

That is a lot to take, man.

I hope you are holding up and as a father I know the worst pain in life is having to see your child suffer.

I hope better times are ahead. Stay strong!!

Peace

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Sorry about your child and your grandfather. I have allergy induced asthma, so I think about stuff like this a lot. One year to the day sounds like something environmental my be bothering your little one. Think about it, any thing in bloom in your area? Or anything that new that would trigger an attack as you described?

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I hope you don't get me wrong. You need to focus 100% in your kid now. Your grandpa is already in a better place, he's fine. The rest of your family members with health problems are adults and should be able to take care of themselves for now.

Your son needs you more. He's a baby.

edit on 21-8-2018 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Sounds seasonal with your son. My son went thru something similar after moving back to Mass from AZ. Had inhalers for years around Springtime. He’s adjusted since.

Sorry about your granddad.

Blessings to your family.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I feel your pain man, but as Dory would say "just keep swimming. I spent some time in the er this week with an allergic reaction to peas. Wouldnt ya know it some idget company decided to put peas in chocolate milk so i pour the boy some and i take a big draw of it. A minute later I'm using the epi-pen and dialing 911.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Woke up again after 8am this morning, and back to work.

My boy was given a steroid and thus is bouncing off the walls. My wife stayed home due to lack of sleep and to look after him. I think we're in the clear - fingers crossed.

And I appreciate all the well-wishes and suggestions on looking into what exactly changed lately in the environmental (which is likely the cause)

Gracias!!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Saiker

Wouldnt ya know it some idget company decided to put peas in chocolate milk

Wha? How..?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I'm so sorry you are faced with so many things all at once! Thinking of you and your family. Hugs!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

the new protein craze I assume. Not sure why or how but ive always been deathly allergic to peas. Naturally, I check everything for it but who checks chocolate milk but if you look at the ingredients it says pea proteins.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=23694442]six67seven[/post

be sure to check over house thoroughly for molds. My sisters family were having similar issues and come to find out there was a patch of mold in a remote part of their basement causing it.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

When my son was that age, we went through the same thing - watching him struggle to breathe was agonizing. Ended up in the ER more times than I want to remember. We were told he didn't have full-blown asthma but a severe case of bronchialitis. Every time he caught a cold it went straight to his lungs. Albuterol and Pulmacort were always on hand. His doctor said it would pass, as he grew his airways would open up and the problem would fade. We made it through those years and he's twelve now, strong and healthy and an active Scout and Junior Lifeguard. So hang in there, things will get better!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Sounds familiar! Bronchialitis is what our son had at this time last year - that was unbelievably rough to witness... we felt so helpless, and it intensified on day 2 in the hospital. We were scared, and it almost brings me to tears thinking back on it. (deep breath)

We too have albuterol on hand and his nebulizer.

I have no doubt he'll grow out of it as most kids do and as yours did. Looking forward to it!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Our house was built last year

That being said, there is a lot of dust flying around at all times not only in the house but in the neighborhood as they complete houses around us. I need to invest in an air purifier, but I think this latest onset was due to allergies that hit him on Saturday.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I went through something similar last spring. I had a cough that I just couldn't kick. When I went to the Dr. they said it was going around and it was lasting months for some people. I thought it might have been pneumonia. They ended up giving me albuterol which pretty much cured it. I normally don't have seasonal allergies, but wonder if I was having a reaction to mold. Could that be the case with your son? Good luck to your and your family and hopefully the worst is over.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Just saw your post, I wondered the same thing. It could also be from high mold count outside due to heavy rains.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

New housing can be a culprit too. New carpet, paint, and building materials can take a long time to "outgass" toxic vapors. Loose fibers in new carpet can be a big trigger. New/old, seems like anywhere you look there's something. With the other construction in the area going on, I'd say an air purifier is a must. Good luck!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

Our house was built last year

That being said, there is a lot of dust flying around at all times not only in the house but in the neighborhood as they complete houses around us. I need to invest in an air purifier, but I think this latest onset was due to allergies that hit him on Saturday.

I went through a similar situation when I was a kid too. One thing helped me a lot was swimming classes. Also my father used to rent a place in the mountains for vacations. I could run all day without using the pump. Think about it my friend.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join