It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SJW ORIGINS: Skinheads Against Racial Prejudice (SHARP's)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Hmm interesting observations, interesting also that the original Skins were 2nd generation working class Black Caribbeans , in the UK who felt out of place jamming to Ska music and causing general hell, adopted by working class white Brit youth, but somewhere during it's crossing of the Atlantic, it came to mean malfunctioning White American kids with a racist tinge and morphed from there.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Original skinheads were apolitical.

All they wanted to do was dress smart - as they thought was smart - dance, drink and generally have a good time....all as a means to escape the crap lives they lived.

The music was largely Jamaican Ska and Bluebeat, tends to be labelled Trojan nowadays.(Trojan is a record label).

Original skinheads tended to be from white urban working class and black afro-Caribbean backgrounds.

Somewhere along the line Skinheads transformed into something quite different.

Real Skinheads treat Social Justice Warriors and Generation Snowflake with nearly as much contempt as they do Nazi and bonehead skins.

Skinheads and Punks have been closely linked for donkeys years.

Some mates of mine, Oi Oi;

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Well. It's possible to uphold radical opinions regarding the society without all the violence we see in extremism, that's Ghandi smiling back at ya.

The thought, that SJW lables and compartmentalization might be counterproductive to your cause, hasn't crossed your mind? This is your identity politicks for the fight against "their" identity politicks. But you knew that already. Why did you chose to ignore this aspect in your personal process of radicalization?

Is it Magick already?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I have it on my profile, but I hate the term social justice warrior as it relates these days, because it's our duty to fight injustices in society. There was nothing wrong with Gandhi or MLK.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

There was a lot wrong with MLK and Gandhi, people fail to talk about the fact that "violence" or what people perceive as "violent" is what caused the change

"Violence" and "Non-violence" are tactics

people leave out Chandrasekhar Azad, Bhagat Singh etc

The liberation movement in India failed. The British were not forced to quit India. Rather, they chose to transfer the territory from direct colonial rule to neocolonial rule

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

There was a lot wrong with MLK and Gandhi, people fail to talk about the fact that "violence" or what people perceive as "violent" is what caused the change

"Violence" and "Non-violence" are tactics

people leave out Chandrasekhar Azad, Bhagat Singh etc

The liberation movement in India failed. The British were not forced to quit India. Rather, they chose to transfer the territory from direct colonial rule to neocolonial rule

You're leaving out a lot though. Without Ganghi or MLK, those movements would have taken longer, decades longer. What they did was a catalyst for change, they created real meaningful change in the world.

Any big meaningful change is going to have negative consequences. The Automobile, how many farriers went out of business? How many people died until we got some road laws to keep up?

Our own revolution. ON paper it's all rainbows and unicorns, in reality, how many innocent people died or lost everything?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   

There was nothing wrong with Gandhi or MLK.

Don't know that much about MLK other than his involvement in the Civil Rights Movement but Gandhi was a racist bigot who thought Black people were sub-human.
But of course they don't teach that in school and Attenborough's film about him completely ignored it, it doesn't fit in with the carefully crafted public image of him being the epitome of peaceful protest etc.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   

A thread i posted about The Skinhead Culture last year.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Great thread, guess I must have been on my leave of absence when you posted that.

I could really go into the origins and history of the Skinhead subculture but I haven't really got the time at present.
Maybe sometime after the weekend.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

exactly...

just like the right and left cherry pick quotes from MLK

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 03:57 AM
link   

If you are actively talking about a utopic idea of "Revolution" or even just tactical resistance, non-violence protects the state and is the antithesis of revolt

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

The use of violence is exactly how the state protects itself. Non-violence is the only thing that escapes it's textbook methods, winning hearts and minds with more attractive forms of protest.
Agent provocateurs on the other hand, go by this name for a reason. They try to legitimate the use of state-violence with violence, just like you did with some strong words that kinda... sorta... look great on paper.

There you have it in a nutshell - the antithesis of a successful revolt. Good night, good fight!

edit on 23-8-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Well said!

Then there's the 'next level' angle: That SHARP's / Antifa / etc use violence not even hardly against the system, but intsead mostly directed at everyday fellow citizens that dont agree with them... and historically speaking that's the domain of OG Germany Nazi Brownshirt types.

Note I I incorporated SHARP's into that response, everyone, the actual topic (we'll get to Antifa in these affairs).......

edit on 23-8-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Not True, non-violence protects the state, a "revolution", if you believe in that, will never be won at the ballot box or through political party power

people holding hands chanting in the streets, getting symbolically arrested will never be a threat to the state and its power, especially since the state has a monopoly on state-sanctioned violence and its enforcers

the state knows this

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

"and historically speaking that's the domain of OG Germany Nazi Brownshirt types"

No, not true, tactics don't have a political ideology, "Violence" "Non-Violence" are just tactics, they hold no political party or any such "value"

people who use those tactics don't make them one or another

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Former SHARP. I was just a regular skin before and after. Never a Bonehead (NAZI).

I wouldnt say that SHARPS started social justice or even that they were pioneers.

Nazi skinheads were making regular skins get their asses kicked or killed thanks to everyone thinking all skinheads were racists. Thats why SHARPS were violent with NAZIs. Also, Nazis are mostly violent so the tone for interactions was set from the beginning.

Fast solution: dont wear a skinhead uniform and dont openly subscribe to only one subculture. No one will think you are a NAZI. Evolve for christs sake.

I still consider myself a skin. My haircut is irrelevant. My clothes are work clothes, not social attire. Boots or old shoes with holes, it doesnt matter.

Grow up and let everything else that you are exist. Thats my advice to anyone still wearing the get up and going through the motions, or about to.

edit on 8 23 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

That's exactly how the DDR was liquidized, peaceful protest gave it the rest. People simply climbed over the walls and the towerguards didn't shoot cuz they knew it was over.

Not True, non-violence protects the state, a "revolution", if you believe in that, will never be won at the ballot box or through political party power

Remember the renaissance? Was it a revolution of the mind or was it not?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Then there's the 'next level' angle: That SHARP's / Antifa / etc use violence not even hardly against the system, but intsead mostly directed at everyday fellow citizens that dont agree with them...

That's the Black Block. Possibly agent provocateurs, not exactly the teachers wife putting up some candles on a march against racism.

You could still sort out the criminals and stop with this guilt by association Bollocks. How's that?

and historically speaking that's the domain of OG Germany Nazi Brownshirt types.

You either wanna downplay the deeds of the real brownshirts, or you wanna paint some leftist as the "Nu-Nazis" for even more stars n flags in your personal propaganda collection on ATS.
Get over yourself and unplug the brown wood for Christs sake? Killing people on the streets like the good Nazis we are, eh?

Oy! Agent provocateur,

grow the fck out of your pyjamas and get a life?

edit on 24-8-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Black Bloc isn't a "group", again, it is a tactic that has been used the around world in various forms for decades, if not centuries

top topics

<< 1   >>

join