It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SJW ORIGINS: Skinheads Against Racial Prejudice (SHARP's)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   
On the origins & influences behind "SJW", first up in this little on the fly "OG SJW's" ad hoc series is: Skinheads Against Racial Prejudice aka S.H.A.R.P.'s.

I first heard the term back sometime around 1995. It was white flight land of suburbia Metro Detroit. It was a city with very few colored folks around in those days. They just hadnt moved into those parts. It was mostly yuppie land most of the place, but on the other side it was more poor and a different school district. As far as I know, the 'better' side didnt have any black folks for those kids over there to be racist against. Our side we had 3 total black kids and that wasnt even until the wider net the middle school cast. We had all the hicks on our side of town, and it wasnt easy being those 3 I dont surmise, as just being fat, or having glasses, being black, or nerdy, or even just highly intelligent, plain and simple the odd er rare kids in school get messed with. But its not like they got their asses kicked everyday. Even later in high school days I only ever knew of a single dude that had real inroads with 'proper' Neo-Nazi sorts. I had never even seen them myself until a Pantera concert, Phil shaved his head and their lot loved it, despite if you listen closely to the lyrics of Vulgar Display of Power their jazz just isnt there. Anyways, never saw him around. Skinheads werent an element in even the "rough part" of town. Not once did he ever party with us. And I was quite a 'leader' in the world of hard knocks we all lied by on our side of town. Where in the high school days the likes of the headbangers and the wiggers and the hicks (and occasionally some of those fancy preppy r skater kids would venture onto the 'rough' side of tweon with us) all partied together...

Now the other side of town lacked the hicks, I imagine they had them some headbanger types, etc, but I never met any of them and the only ones that lived on our side of town but went to the other sides school district, well they were all preppy types (the product of the scene of that school system). Preppy types, and skaters. Skaters were their bad kid element (which we completely lacked on our side by the way). I partied with them once, on their side of town that is, and they had them some hardcore types. But I never picked up on any excessive racism ambitions from any of their lot on that side of town. They certainly werent skinheads. Thinking back I cant see how racism could have even been half as much an "issue" as we "had" with all the hicks on our side.

And then one day I was told tales of "SHARP's" coming to town from a dude I knew as a small boy, from that side... We had these big malls in town, they sort of divided the proverbial sides I'm talking about. And malls have huge parking lots. And skaters love pavement. So naturally they'd be out there. And at some point these SHARP's decided they were valid fodder for their racist (ahem "anti-racist") ambitions. In United States terms, I imagine this lot were the first point where whites taking the cloak of anti-white racism, as whites, meant they "werent" racist.

For my side of town knowing of these SHARP's was like arcane knowledge. I never did see them. But the story went that these dudes would drive into town, from who knows where, and would see a few skater teens out there (like middle school age was his perspective), and pull up on them and jump out, these big huge adult dudes wearing combat boots, and stomp the hell out of them. And this wasnt second hand words, it happened to him personally. And it was brutal.

I had completely forgotten about their tale until I checked back in on society, in 2016, and came to grips with this "SJW" phenomena for the first time.

But the story I had managed to piece together was that, here in the US, SHARP's generally started as 'proper skinheads' (Neo-Nazi's), who then "reformed" into being "anti-racism". Thing is they didnt stop being hate fueled hardcore violent psychopath's roaming around in groups, they just re-aligned who to beat up. The tigers didn't change their stripes per se, they merely changed the color of them. So before where they would drive around looking for minorities to beat up, for being minorities, now they drove around hunting white people they deemed as "racists". So naturally, in an all white town, that was basically everybody per se, but they decided skaters from the other side of our town were target worthy. So they began hunting them. Never did hang out with that old friend again, to get an update of all this jazz, but let me put it this way: we walked a few miles to harass that mall district (almost daily during the summer time), and as high school era teens never not once did we see skaters or SHARP's anywhere around those parts in the years that followed that account (when I know for sure there absolutely were skaters and lots of them on the other side of town).

So the logic these SHARP's "innovated" was as long as you beat down whites, and you're white yourself, then you're "anti-racist". Which is the ethos of todays "Social Justice Warrior".

I mentioned the SHARP's a couple times across the site since 2016, and my impression was nobody knew what I was talking about. But then not so long ago, I challenged ATS's 'unofficial official Antifa spokesman" to provide me an 'official unofficial' Antifa website (since all the quotes "from them" for my purposes were decried as being "fake"), and no doubt the page was patting itself on the back for bringing together the likes of the SHARP's in some big rally (in Seattle I think it was), about 10 years ago, in some sort of epic battle against "fascists".

Now if you go read Wikipedia's page on these SHARP's you'll get this UK origins tale of how 'they' were the 'original skinheads' (internationally speaking), whom were more along the lines of punk rockers (which is what 90's skaters listened to) than violent extremists, but here in the US before them came 'proper skinheads', and from that scene these SHARP's "re-emerged" (emerged), for all intensive purposes, meaning a major chunk of the logic of todays SJW Origins lies in Neo-Nazi extremism.

edit on 21-8-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/21/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I remember sharps down here. Bunch of posers. But then, I dislike anyone who actively adorns visibly negative attire. Shaved heads and bomber jackets, boots and braces, don't say "I look like this for my intellect. Have you ever pondered quantum physics?"

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
The Sharpies stated in Australia in mid 1960s working class Melbourne.

They were called Sharpies, because of their "Sharp dressed Clothes"....yeah, just like ZZ sang about.

The Sharpies were an evolution of the 50s Rockers, they wore short hair, rode Trumps and BSAs, drove FJ Holdens and Cusso's and were the usual toughies.

Their mortal enemy was the Mods, Who dressed smartly in the latest gear, listened to "Mod" music, and some rode scooters, drove Morris Minors, Majors and Oxfords and Austin A30s.

Of course in Sydney you had the Surfies, with their bushy bushy blonde bleached hair.

On top of that, a lot of Rockers turned into Bikies (Bikers in US term).

Just a typical times of the 60s, with all the new Immigrants bringing in their culture (Contemporary British).

We never had the "Racial" problems of the USA, so it was all white Skips v Poms v Wogs v Dagoes with a few Croats, Dutch and Krauts thrown in.......ahh the good ol days......

The Sharpies petered out by the late 70s, they all grew up....then the next mob came along for a short while...the Punks.

The rest of us just had long hair and lived normal lives........

edit on 21-8-2018 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I Heard the same stories about SHARPS stomping skaters, but never met any real ones as I was also from Metro Detroit white suburbia.

I just messaged you

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I grew up with skaters and punks and such for friends. I've never heard of sharps. Dunno if it was a thing up here in Canada. Maybe back east?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

meaning a major chunk of the logic of todays SJW Origins lies in Neo-Nazi extremism.

And now you're conflating radicalism with extremism, you have no grip on punk culture/ rsp. the skinheads.
You better listen to the UK gubmint, telling you how bad subcultures like these are!

Quite the sharp guy, isn't he?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Please explain radicalism versus extremism in this context, and how I got it wrong.

I posit that Neo-Nazi skinheads, iun the US, led to this 90's monstrosity permutation of "SHARP's", and that they were forebears of 2016 era Antifa (US) / SJW.

And from them thereabouts they gained this key piece of 'whites are racist just because, but not me as long as I white fellow whites for being white' logic (violent logic no less) that practically defines modern "liberals" / SJW's / whatever.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I think skinheads changed their victims simply because skaters were easy prey. I remember a mix of skinheads in the 70's -80's and their orientation was around bands. The racist skins liked Skrewdriver, DC skins like Bad Brains, NC skins liked Antiseen and COC. It was mostly organized around the local music scene with few mixing with skins from other areas.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

You know Antifa existed before 2016...

and calling them "SJW" shows ignorance at best

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

This mob that erupted onto the scene across every campus in 2016, the moment Hillary lost, those are militant SJW's, mainstreamer types that is, that found the perfect mask to pull over their faces and go break snip.

But the origins of the SJW ideology / method / etc goes far beyond "Antifa". Although I think this SHARP's thing is one of the origin components.

Hey what were those site links again, pretty please?

Note I never have hardly any interest in "Antifa" outside of the US. Old news, different animal, etc, as we can see here with these SHARP's the past and the foreign aspects of their larger story is mostly irrelevant in 2018 "America".

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

except "Antifa" was doing stuff long before "Hillary" or "Trump" no one paid attention because no one could capitalise on it, the Left use it for their Anti-Trump propaganda, the Right use it for their victimhood rightist propaganda

it has become a bunch of straw man and false information depending on what side is talking about it, plus, it has been heavily appropriated by the Liberals and the DSA to gain party support to run candidates

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I remember sharps but like before 1994, I'm sure of it back east.

But let's go old school Social Justice warrior. You can't more old school than Gandhi. He got all upset about Salt and started some ruckus, good people died and he caused a whole government to go down. Should have just let everything be, it was working well. He was a jerk.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

So they were established and active across 'every' university campus, and city, ready to come out in droves and burn snip down any time a Trump supporter was going to speak, conservatives etc were going to have some sort of event, and so on, a household name before Hillary lost and liberals cried and trashed and went ballistic? Its funny, I followed very closely the protests and riots and such across much of the year prior to that, and never not one single time spotted them or heard anybody talk about them. Then Hillary lost, she / Michael AMoore / Obama etc all started screaming to #RESIST and out the floodgate here comes "Antifa".

And any sites of quotes from their ranks I try to provide about them you decry as being "fake" or whatever (without an actual argument or evidence to support your assertions), so how about it, how about give us some proper webspages we can go by on this stuff??

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

You seem to miss out on all the times "Antifa" had protested the KKK, or in 2016 (while Obama was president) what they call the "Sacramento Riots" where "Antifa" fought the Traditional workers Party, while the TWP were the ones stabbing people, or in Anaheim.

or all the fights they got into with Hamerskin nation or NSM etc

when they protested at the 2000 DNC

you are also missing the "Battle of Seattle" or the 2011 Oakland general strike during the Occupy Movements

BAMN is trash but a quick search...

"BAMN was formed in 1995 to oppose the July 20, 1995 decision by Regents of the University of California to ban affirmative action as The Coalition to Defend Affirmative Action By Any Means Necessary. It ran a slate of candidates in the April 1996 Associated Students of the University of California election on a platform of defeating California Proposition 209.[2] The proposition passed in November, prohibiting state governmental institutions from considering race, sex, or ethnicity for employment, contracting, and education.

In 1997, BAMN expanded to Michigan, where it organized student support for the affirmative action policy of the University of Michigan Law School at Ann Arbor (UMLS) as a result of a challenge to that policy via Grutter v. Bollinger.

In December 2005, BAMN disrupted a meeting of the Michigan State Board of Canvassers in which the Board voted to put a measure that would prohibit race-based preferential treatment in higher education on the November 2006 ballot. They did so by shouting down officials and overturning chairs and tables.

In December 2014, BAMN helped to organize a week of anti-police and Black Lives Matter protest in the East Bay of the San Francisco Bay Area. One of these protests shut down a part of Interstate 80 and led to the mass arrest of 210 people. Ronald Cruz, an attorney and organizer for BAMN, said that BAMN demanded that all of the charges against the protesters be dropped. Another protest the same week resulted in violence and property damage. Cruz claimed the police were the aggressors."

also, you are leaving out the actions taken by the ARA etc

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

So any leftist groups whose agenda is to go out and physically attack non-leftists, is your scene.

Nice.

Cant get over how ye the authority of the subject here in ATS, you're afraid to show me those links again...

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

"So any leftist groups whose agenda is to go out and physically attack non-leftists, is your scene. "

No, I have stated numerous times BAMN is Trash, the DSA is trash and just liberals, RefuseFascism is trash and a front for the RCP, the Red guards are trash and are Maoists...

and, I have been openly critical of Antifa likewise.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I keep begging you to do some OP's breaking all these sorts down for us, set the record straight type jazzy.

Or at least flows some links so I dont have to use the materials I've already gathered / come across when doing one of these, and 'not' rub you wrong with what I find and utilize...

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I could never play follow the leader.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Yeah, but for what point, a bunch of alt-right, chan trolls, and patriots who act like they have no reading comprehension throwing around straw man arguments and tired rhetoric of "the violent left"

I am not recruiting, and people don't care to learn anything because they have already made up their own minds,

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   

If thats your attitude then what are you even doing here?

Me I know I stick around because I expect opposition to my posts, force me to think and refine and see and etc.

But if you're just here to do damage control...........

top topics

<<   2 >>

join