It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apache Killings

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
skippytjc says:

"... ARMED $5 million Apache gunships monitoring them ready to fire."

More like $22.5 million.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
drbryankkruta

It keeps saying error in the codex

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
jessicool4.blogspot.com...

again, follow the link, scroll down to the part where she talks about the war in iraq (power of war) and click the 3 insurgents link thats in the text, four lines down.

12 mb video.

[edit on 22-2-2005 by MadGrimbo]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Same thing error codec

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
This reminds me of that C130 video, anybody have that one? Know what Im talking about?

EDIT: Found it:

screaming-penguin.com...

[edit on 22-2-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
drbryankkruta

It keeps saying error in the codex

maybe if you go to the site its self indymedia.co.uk that is where I watched it I will give links to other sites below

Google results for apache video has many sites that have full version
im sorry the links work ok for me but I am using fire fox browser if that matters any. sorry cant do more right now electrical storm coming in have to shut down but when I return I will try to get the full length video

www.google.com...

[edit on 22/2/2005 by drbryankkruta]

[edit on 22/2/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

When has war been about a fair fight?

Both sides use the means at their disposal

yes,
i agree with you.

there is only one rule:
NO RULES!

just like street fighting.
first hint you are going to get in the street:
"if you gotta fight, fight DIRTY!"

and both sides are doing just that.

we wont go into this "who started first" crap.

Incorrect.

The Humanitarian Laws of Armed Conflict (LOAC), which include the various Geneva Conventions, do regulate the conduct of war.

www1.umn.edu...

Geneva Convention relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War, 75 U.N.T.S. 287, entered into force Oct. 21, 1950.

PART I

GENERAL PROVISIONS
Article 1

The High Contracting Parties undertake to respect and to ensure respect for the present Convention in all circumstances.
Article 2

In addition to the provisions which shall be implemented in peacetime, the present Convention shall apply to all cases of declared war or of any other armed conflict which may arise between two or more of the High Contracting Parties, even if the state of war is not recognized by one of them.

The Convention shall also apply to all cases of partial or total occupation of the territory of a High Contracting Party, even if the said occupation meets with no armed resistance.

Although one of the Powers in conflict may not be a party to the present Convention, the Powers who are parties thereto shall remain bound by it in their mutual relations. They shall furthermore be bound by the Convention in relation to the said Power, if the latter accepts and applies the provisions thereof.
Article 3

In the case of armed conflict not of an international character occurring in the territory of one of the High Contracting Parties, each Party to the conflict shall be bound to apply, as a minimum, the following provisions:

1. Persons taking no active part in the hostilities, including members of armed forces who have laid down their arms and those placed hors de combat by sickness, wounds, detention, or any other cause, shall in all circumstances be treated humanely, without any adverse distinction founded on race, colour, religion or faith, sex, birth or wealth, or any other similar criteria. [blowin's bolding]

To this end, the following acts are and shall remain prohibited at any time and in any place whatsoever with respect to the above-mentioned persons:

(a) Violence to life and person, in particular murder of all kinds, mutilation, cruel treatment and torture;

(b) Taking of hostages;

(c) Outrages upon personal dignity, in particular humiliating and degrading treatment;

(d) The passing of sentences and the carrying out of executions without previous judgment pronounced by a regularly constituted court, affording all the judicial guarantees which are recognized as indispensable by civilized peoples.

You can read all about the LOAC on the University of Minnesota website, from where the above excerpt was taken.

The US ratified the 1949 Geneva Conventions in 1955. Various US military websites deal with the LOAC:

www.nwc.navy.mil...

www.au.af.mil...

www.forces.gc.ca... among others.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by blowin
Incorrect.

The Humanitarian Laws of Armed Conflict (LOAC), which include the various Geneva Conventions, do regulate the conduct of war.

there's no point trying or convinving them most of these people don't respect these laws

[edit on 23-2-2005 by drfunk]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Originally posted by Souljah

When has war been about a fair fight?

Both sides use the means at their disposal

yes,
i agree with you.

there is only one rule:
NO RULES!

just like street fighting.
first hint you are going to get in the street:
"if you gotta fight, fight DIRTY!"

and both sides are doing just that.

we wont go into this "who started first" crap.

Incorrect.

www1.umn.edu...

Geneva Convention relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War, 75 U.N.T.S. 287, entered into force Oct. 21, 1950.

PART I

GENERAL PROVISIONS
Article 1

The High Contracting Parties undertake to respect and to ensure respect for the present Convention in all circumstances.
Article 2

In addition to the provisions which shall be implemented in peacetime, the present Convention shall apply to all cases of declared war or of any other armed conflict which may arise between two or more of the High Contracting Parties, even if the state of war is not recognized by one of them.

The Convention shall also apply to all cases of partial or total occupation of the territory of a High Contracting Party, even if the said occupation meets with no armed resistance.

Although one of the Powers in conflict may not be a party to the present Convention, the Powers who are parties thereto shall remain bound by it in their mutual relations. They shall furthermore be bound by the Convention in relation to the said Power, if the latter accepts and applies the provisions thereof.
Article 3

In the case of armed conflict not of an international character occurring in the territory of one of the High Contracting Parties, each Party to the conflict shall be bound to apply, as a minimum, the following provisions:

1. Persons taking no active part in the hostilities, including members of armed forces who have laid down their arms and those placed hors de combat by sickness, wounds, detention, or any other cause, shall in all circumstances be treated humanely, without any adverse distinction founded on race, colour, religion or faith, sex, birth or wealth, or any other similar criteria. [blowin's bolding]

To this end, the following acts are and shall remain prohibited at any time and in any place whatsoever with respect to the above-mentioned persons:

(a) Violence to life and person, in particular murder of all kinds, mutilation, cruel treatment and torture;

(b) Taking of hostages;

(c) Outrages upon personal dignity, in particular humiliating and degrading treatment;

(d) The passing of sentences and the carrying out of executions without previous judgment pronounced by a regularly constituted court, affording all the judicial guarantees which are recognized as indispensable by civilized peoples.

You can read all about the LOAC on the University of Minnesota website, from where the above excerpt was taken.

The US ratified the 1949 Geneva Conventions in 1955. Various US military websites deal with the LOAC:

www.nwc.navy.mil...

www.au.af.mil...

www.forces.gc.ca... among others.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Sorry about the double post; I was trying to edit the original to reflect that Amuk had posted the comment.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I have the FULL AC130-U video. It's 159mb, high quality. It's worth the viewing just because it shows you the guy testing the manification optics on his gun as they're flying in towards the target. It's HOT! U2U me, and if i get more than 5 requests, i'll either torrent it, or put up an anon ftp site for it.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   

They are good enough for us here in Aussie and most of the rest of the world who want to prevent unneccesary pain. But then again, we are professionals not amatuers

You do not speak for all Australians, please don't assume that you are.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by madhatter

They are good enough for us here in Aussie and most of the rest of the world who want to prevent unneccesary pain. But then again, we are professionals not amatuers

You do not speak for all Australians, please don't assume that you are.

neither should you, everyone has differing opinions.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   
OK, ive set the ftp up.
The vid is split into a self extracting exe file, and is about 20 parts.
you will need to download all parts to the same directory to unpack it, then just double click the .exe file.
i've included some recovery volumes with the set so you can check that everything is there, and there's no corrupt files. to check the files, please use quickPar- www.quickpar.org.uk... or smart par, if you prefer.
to access via ftp client, which i would recommend, as they resume failed downloads and do batch downloading, the host is cruzion.myftp.org. port 21. name: anonymous. password is anything you want.
( for a good free ftp client, download and use filezilla): sourceforge.net...
for those accessing with their web browsers, point it to cruzion.myftp.org...
i may have to restrict bandwidth if it gets hammered, but i will leave this directory open for a few days.
enjoy, and any probs, u2u me.
P.S. only download the vol+.par files if you need to reconstruct damaged parts. the main file that will check all the files is 'filename.par2'.

[edit on 23-2-2005 by cruzion]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I'm not, I speak for myself, the comment I was reffering to, assumed that
we are more proffesional than the US, and I don't believe that to be
true.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Please don't let another thread degenerate into a bout of "my dad can beat up your dad" type stuff, it only ends in flames and is off topic.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by madhatter

I'm not, I speak for myself, the comment I was reffering to, assumed that
we are more proffesional than the US, and I don't believe that to be
true.

well i don't think any of us are really qualified to say so, but i respect your opinion anyway.

I believe there are talented men and women everywhere around this earth and no-one is naturally better than the other just because you hail from certain nations, other factors are involved. I guess this goes for soldiering as well, i'm sure australia and the US both have good and bad soldiers.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   
error codec?

Have you updated your codecs for your media player (what ever one you use!) ? As it seems that far more people who have U2U 'd me about it have downloaded and watched the clip than cannot, er, like your the only one who cannot....

hope ou get it sorted.

Oh, the AC-130 Spectre video is an awesome demonstration of death from above.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
"...roger he's wounded, hit him..."

Such brave american solidiers, so brave so strong so corageous - wow you must be proud of your soldiers...

I now understand why the powers allow the proliferation of violent video games, in fact if you look on gamespy you will see lots of military recruitment notices - what a perfect place to find those that have learnt to enjoy killing
(I say this cause the video looks similair to a video game....)

Notice the bullets seemed to impact slightly left of the cross hair? haha Dumb-arse gunner couldn't even hit that guy on the first try, lucky he was in an armoured apache; out on the field one of those farmers could have stuck a pitch fork up his dumb arse hahahahahahaha !!!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   
At least those dumbasses in the 'copter could spell courageous.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join