It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "deep note"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Wow, first I thought I´ll be ripped apart in seconds here.

Not that I wish to be but at least that would be some input. However I won´t respond to any "you are shizophrenic" because if you read experience you´ll have to notice that it´s more than strange that the graph in reverse shows at least 4 matches of that experience in the correct order.

I don´t know how high the chances are that this all matches but I guess they are very distinctive from let´s say "random".

I´m currently writing some U2Us so if you´re one of them coming here to look at this, thank you

Looking at all the stuff that "fell into place" after I wrote it down (thuss, clearing my memory banks for new stuff), I think it would be good to do a sumary. However I won´t start a new thread imediately.

But it will be a much more clean one with focus on the scientific side of all this.

And If anyone from the cscore github team is around:
Thank you for the outstanding base to work with audio streams, meaning cscore. I "lifted" and modified some stuff but I will send you some new classes that you might be interested in or not.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
a reply to: verschickter

First of all- cool. Thanks for sharing with us!

Have you looked into synesthesia? This is a condition where certain people "see" sound or "hear" color. In one of my graduate classes (Music) we had to present a paper at the end of the semester (mine was on the Castrati- look that up if you want to read about some freaky social phenomenon in the Baroque period!) and one person did her paper on Synesthesia. I had never heard of this condition, and it's fascinating.

I'm not saying you're a synesthete- BUT I bet some of the research done in that area might relate to what you've experienced.

Thanks for posting!

Actually I do know synesthesia. You are not entirely correct when you say it´s a condition where people see sound. This is just the most known synesthesia. There are several others and you might be surprised to hear, about 10% do have a form of synesthesia.

In my case it would be time-space synesthesia coupled with feelings, smells and other not really explainable stuff.
I can use a visual calendar to go back into my life and recall certain events. Not day by day and not any given day at any given moment. It´s sort of a spiral and if it´s of interst, it´s like a clock and January is 1, December is 12.

While the year progresses, I sort experiences and memories into that field and then I have a slightly different clock for each year.

But flick the right switches (space / time / smell / feeling (physical ones) and I´ll be able to recall what you said about that thing at that party. I´ll recall where you were standing, what the atmosphere was like and what I did that day.

Sort of like that. I always thought people are bad at remembering stuff until I was told this has a name and it´s called synesthesia (although I probably). But I´m also really bad with faces and names so theres that. My short time memory is really bad.

I think my subconsciousness just need more time to process all that stuff, it´s accessible later but don´t ask me what I ate four days ago for breakfast. I´ll give you that answer next week when I can recall the other stuff...

Do you think this could have something to do with me seeing those waves in OOBE? Because my brain is already wired for that sort of stuff?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
But then how do I explain that the reversed, mirrored spectrogram of that THX sounds tells the story of my OOBE from beginning to start? At least 4 things match up with this.

It´s really hard because as of yet I got no feedback on that. Maybe I´m just not good enough in english to explain that.

How frustrating! Just look at it. rows of suns, then the barrier (red line I drew), the acceleration and then the vibrations swinging up and down.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I don't know, it just seems to me that you we're SEEING sound...if those depictions of Beethoven's Symph. are representative of what you saw. There are different grades and types of Synesthesia- one where a person sees sound is definitely in a main category of it, so there is surely some research that might give you some insights or explanations.

Who told you that you are a Synesthete? There aren't that many doctors around that are qualified to give that diagnosis.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It´s a paradox. If you think about it.

1) I had an OOBE.
2) If the spectrogram of that sound is played backwards and frequencies order swapped (double mirrored) it shows the whole experience in a graphic.
3) That means the whole OOBE was pre-determined.
4) Because the order of the experience matches the sound pattern in reverse, even before I heard the sound.
5) That could mean, my technique with the photons / suns / energy balls on a string is the starting point of that pattern.
6) It also means, this is some sort of recursive thing.

Conclusion as of now:

The sound pattern and my experience co-relate. Both are connected.
If the sound pattern is a personal thing in the sense of, everyone has a "personal sound" whose pattern in reverse determines the technique to get into an OOBE....

This could mean, that if you hear something that touches you, you could spectrograph it, reverse it and try to make sense of it.

I have an idea....

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

I don't know, it just seems to me that you we're SEEING sound...if those depictions of Beethoven's Symph. are representative of what you saw.

No no no, the beethoven spectrogram is just an example to ease the reader into the topic!! I saw the sound waves of something very very very (can´t stress that enough!) similar to that THX sound.

And if you reverse the spectrograph of that THX sound, you get four distinctive patterns that depict my OOBE graphically. Why I had that idea? Originally I reprogrammed the for loop to go backwards and I don´t know why I also reversed the order of the frequencie (ascendin/descending in value).

Who told you that you are a Synesthete? There aren't that many doctors around that are qualified to give that diagnosis.

No one told me I have synesthesia. I talked with someone who has the most known one (seeing sound as shapes and colors). We were talking about regular stuff and came onto the topic "good memory". And I complained that no one remembers stuff. And that was when she said to me (it was a catholic nun) (translated
"you know I was baffled too when I heard that seeing sound as color and shapes is not normal". And then she told me about other synesthesia combinations. I bought a book about that after our talk and there I read about internal clocks and calendars and space-time synesthesia.

It wasn´t diagnosed and I´m not really claiming I have that form of synesthesia. It does not bother me, it´s normal for me, just as normal as seeing colors and shapes for the nun. But the description fits so I can identify with it.

Hope I could explain. I also excel at pattern searching in number puzzles. But I lack in social contact (always). I´m not good at mental arithmetic, honestly I suck at that. It seems for each thing I am a bit better than average, I really suck at other things.

I can build complex thoughts (ask a good software developer what I mean) and store them in "spaces" but I lack at phantasy and art. I don´t think I´m special, just more different than others.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Skeptics??

It´s very late (or early, depends) here, 4:20 am.

Since last week, I didn´t had that exhausted feeling but I managed to stay awake long enough after a hard working day. 22hours now, I know it´s nothing compared to a LAN-party or similar.

I´m doing the photon-string stuff again (like everyday since) maybe this time?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It took me five minutes to type that? Alright...

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
If you’re looking for a ‘rational’ explanation, here you go:
Based on what I know about the brain, this isn’t that ‘out there’. Your brain has to process sensory input like a (wet analog) computer would.
Vibration (light or sound) hits your pupils, the rod and cone cells fire according to the intensity and frequency of the input, and then your brain reassembles this information into your visual experience.
We’ve figured out that the visual cortex is setup with different layers that organized to map out every area of your visual field. Certain layers respond strongly to things like horizontal lines, vertical lines, light intensity, and colours.
Auditory processing would be similar, with the brain assembling your experience of sound by starting out with all the raw data on frequency and amplitude, then comparing input from the left and right to determine directionality, then further processing relevant sounds through speech centres.
Step by step, the brain is taking huge amounts of information, and filtering it down step by step into less overall information by focusing on the most relevant data, until we get to our final conscious experience of the original input.
Synethesia could be a factor as another comment mentioned, it could be your auditory processing is cross wired into your visual system somewhat (specifically the parts that would be analyzing and compressing the frequency ‘data’. In your altered state of consciousness were able to consciously perceive/visualize the data that is normally only processed unconsciously.
That doesn’t answer why you heard the sound though, so I think a small seizure could explain it. I’m not talking epilepsy here; a seizure is just spontaneous firing of cluster of interconnected neutrons. They can vary in size (and therefore severity) from unnoticeable to a full blown grand mal seizure (spasms/unconsciousness). People have small ones all the time, but they usually fizzle out before spreading far (grand mal siezures are so bad because they cross from one hemisphere of the brain to both).
So it’s possible that due to your fatigue, you had a mini-siezure, which made you experience hearing the sound, and that you also visualized the sound due to some synethesia type cross wiring between your visual and auditory processing.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ApisM

So you think I had the OOBE because I was having a seizure? That could certainly be possible!

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ApisM

I´m still thinking about this... it sounds plausible and I would be willing to accept this but it does not explain that:

I only realized this after the fact when I reversed the for loop in the code. I don´t know exactly what led me to re-sort the values from descending to ascending in the same run.

At first it looked strange, then I noticed the similarity to my experience.

It´s all there:

-the suns on a row (purple marker)
-the barrier (red marker)
-the acceleration (green marker)
-the visible-feelable-vibrating soundwaves swinging up and down (yellow).

You have to understand, I started typing my experience and only after that "processing" (clearing the head, calming down) of what I went through. I was looking at the printout at the screen.

I wasn´t thinking about the experience at that moment, I was deep into the code trying to solve a bug. Then I looked at the printout and suddenly I noticed what I then marked red, green and yellow.

I was marveling and wondering and then I noticed "the suns on a string", too. That´s four matches and they all are in the order I experienced them.

There is a paradox here.
The first one is, my journey started with the end of the soundwaves whole "song". It ended with the beginning.
It´s like the soundwaves I heard, saw and felt, played backwards, describe my experience.

The second one is, I did not hear that sound until after the red marker.
How is that all possible?

I have this kink, though:
I lay back with my headphones on and play choosen sound files and then I try to sort the patterns. The mind is moving parallel to the sound as it progresses, trying to analyze the single patterns that produce forms of color in my mind (not really what sound-color-synesthesia is known as)

Now, what happened to me, I´m really just realizing this!!, is quite the opposite.
It´s like my mind produced the patterns but inversed. That´s what I mean when I write "time-logic".

It just does not make sense.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join