It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-gay religious group targets Shrek 2

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Here we go again!

On its website the Traditional Values Coalition is warning parents about the cross-dressing and transgender themes contained in the hit DreamWorks film Shrek 2, now available on DVD.

www.ctv.ca...

So they're focusing their anti-gay targets on two incidents during the Shrek 2 film. The first, one of the Shrek characters, the ugly bartender played by Larry King, who is a transgender that expresses sexual desires for Prince Charming. The second, Shrek and Donkey need rescuing from a dungeon by Pinocchio and his nose, which is made to extend as an escape bridge by getting the wooden boy to lie about not wearing women's underwear.

What gives America? C'mon, Shrek 2 is some how helping to promote crossdressing and transgenderism? Are these religious right-wing nut jobs simply focused on targeting minuscule elements in an otherwise great film?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I don't even know what to say about this anymore. The frequency of these paranoid claims seems to grow daily. Next you'll see these maniacs claiming that it is god's will to clense the Earth of homosexuals.

Why can't people just mind their own business and stop dictating their personal morality to others as law?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Next you'll see these maniacs claiming that it is god's will to clense the Earth of homosexuals.

Unfortunantly, I think we do already see that. Lets just hope that maniacal group does not get larger.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Why would you let something like the color purple or rainbows dictate what is homosexual? Just because the gay community uses those as an "I'm on board" kinda thing, why would you associate it with everday things? Last time I checked, the rainbow symbolized the fact that God would never flood the earth again. Well, I'm sure that held true back in the stone age when they didn't understand what a rainbow was. Now, we understand how rainbows are made and there is nothing exciting about them anymore. So lets just associate everything with a rainbow as being homosexual? Am I right? I mean, how many of you would tease your buddy for wearing a shirt with a rainbow on it?

So, if the christians think associate rainbows with a symbol of gay pride, then that would make rainbows gay. And if a rainbow is gay, and skittles motto is "taste the rainbow" that would be kinda sexual, right? Maybe they will jump on skittles next.

Anyhow, something will always offend someone. We can argue about it all day long but it will never go away. Lets not forget that Christians dont run the world. If they did, it would be ok for us to get with hookers, because Jesus hooked up with a hooker.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost1
If they did, it would be ok for us to get with hookers, because Jesus hooked up with a hooker.

Umm....you need to do your study....that Mary Magdalene was a hooker, was something added by a biblical translator...not truth.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Please explain, what did the two 'scenes" add to the story? Could the story have been told with out the gay BS. Its about agenda.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I don't even know what to say about this anymore. The frequency of these paranoid claims seems to grow daily. Next you'll see these maniacs claiming that it is god's will to clense the Earth of homosexuals.

Why can't people just mind their own business and stop dictating their personal morality to others as law?

Have you ever heard of a place called Sodom?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

Have you ever heard of a place called Sodom?

Have you ever heard of fictional literature?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Dr, have you ever heard stay out of my bedroom? Or go away? Or none of your business? Or leave them alone! It was funny, thats why they had it, it was funny! "Lie!" "what should I say?" "I don't know, say I'm wearing womens underwear." "I'm wearing womens underwear!" Nothing happens.........

Man, first Spongebob, now Shrek......

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Dr, have you ever heard stay out of my bedroom? Or go away? Or none of your business? Or leave them alone! It was funny, thats why they had it, it was funny! "Lie!" "what should I say?" "I don't know, say I'm wearing womens underwear." "I'm wearing womens underwear!" Nothing happens.........

Man, first Spongebob, now Shrek......

If you kept it in the "bedroom" no one would care.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
i'm interested in hearing substitutions for the insinuating homosexual agenda pushing comedy that Shrek pushes forward. Let's hear some ideas. Please grace us with a few alternatives to match the fantastic comedic writing within the Shrek series.

Shrek comedy simply pokes fun at the fantasy tale cliche. The typical tough macho deep voice bartender (from the 3-musketeers tale) in this Shrek version is a... well a... a.. a rather confusing something, which is simply following along the lines of what Shrek comedy represents..

No pun intended to all those macho deep vocal bartenders out there..

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
if they go after shrek 2 for those 2 little scenes, then they might as well go after those classic Bugs Bunny cartoons. Pretty soon they will go after every single thing claiming that it promotes this and that, and all we will be left with are a bunch a crappy-bland-non offensive-boring shows that no one will watch

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
While I think most of these gay accusations about cartoons are just nonsence, that scene from shrek2 just freaked me out. I agree with them, I dont want that there. I bet alot of kids were confused about what they saw.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This is nuts. Why should these crazed "Christian" groups be telling us what we can and cannot view or put in our movies? If your disturbed by COMEDY and FICTION then don't go and see it.

Let's ban Looney Toons since on occasion Elmer Fudd would marry Bugs Bunny.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Not even the TVC believe this one. I read about this off another link. This "Shrek Outrage" was fabricated in this case to get press out about TVC and home page hits.

Their site is a lame, weak, sad attempt to capitalize on Dobson's Focus on the Family group and it's explosion since the similar SpongeBob nontroversey.

They're perfectly willing to look stupid with this story in order to get people to their site (or defending them like Horacid already has in this thread) to donate money and buy their little $20 anti-gay video.

The trackback article to TVC's site (which I won't post here) is nothing but an advertisment.

I wouldn't give these flim flam con artists another second of your time or ounce of free Internet bandwidth.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Hmmm Kermit the Frog sang "The Rainbow Connection", so that must mean he's gay! But wait, wasn't Miss Piggy his love interest? OMG he must be a Bisexual Frog! His "It's Not Easy Being Green" must have described his struggle with his homosexual identity! It's all so clear now, thank you bible thumpers!

And wait, Tom Servo has those floppy hands! OMG my beloved MST!!

BTW, didn't Shrek 2 come out like a year ago? they need to be more topical with their psychotic tantrums

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I agree that these guys are nuts and a little paranoid. They should be focusing on helping the poor and sick.

At least they are trying to get the message out to parents about what there kids are watching.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
Here we go again!

On its website the Traditional Values Coalition is warning parents

That's the world we live in today. Where parents don't know anything. They can't even warn their children themselves, they have to be warned by 'Coalitions??'. It reminds me when my mom took me to the kitchen one day when I was a freshman in high school and told me that ACDC the rock band was devil music and I should never listen to it because she read about it in the paper...good grief!

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   
MATTHEW 23: Jesus publicly rebuked the hypocrites, "Woe unto you... hypocrites!...ye blind guides...fools...full of extortion and excess...whited sepulchres...full of hypocrisy and iniquity...Woe unto you...Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?"

the man himself says it good enough for me

This is another attack by the evangelicals, it sickens me. Jesus died on the cross FOR ALL OF US so that we may be FORGIVEN OF OUR SINS and enter heaven. Not for hetorosexuals only, for everyone. This applies to gays as well, if homosexuality is a 'sin' but they still hold god close to them in their hearts and minds they will be allowed into heaven. If they repent their supposed sins and flaws let them enter.

Who are they to think they are of a higher being and fibre to judge another creation of god in such away when they share the same flesh and blood?

thanks,
drfunk

[edit on 23-2-2005 by drfunk]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
MATTHEW 23: Jesus publicly rebuked the hypocrites, "Woe unto you... hypocrites!...ye blind guides...fools...full of extortion and excess...whited sepulchres...full of hypocrisy and iniquity...Woe unto you...Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?"

the man himself says it good enough for me

This is another attack by the evangelicals, it sickens me. Jesus died on the cross FOR ALL OF US so that we may be FORGIVEN OF OUR SINS and enter heaven. Not for hetorosexuals only, for everyone. This applies to gays as well, if homosexuality is a 'sin' but they still hold god close to them in their hearts and minds they will be allowed into heaven. If they repent their supposed sins and flaws let them enter.

Who are they to think they are of a higher being and fibre to judge another creation of god in such away when they share the same flesh and blood?

thanks,
drfunk

[edit on 23-2-2005 by drfunk]

Love the sinner hate the sin.

That is the way it is suppose to be.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join