It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Interested In Atlantis, but I Have One Big Question.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Wow,

Thanks a lot for all of your replys. To me, it kind of sounds like Plato talked about this lost continent, and the "Advanced Technology" thing is just a legend that's been expanded upon. What I don't understand, though, is that if it indeed was a whole continent that was bigger than Asia, how hard could it be to find? Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't plato say that it was the size of Asia and another continent put together?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The continent is easy to find....it's South America (imho)...the capital city (not the continent) is what sank.

Check my earlier link, as it also includes a link to the writings of Plato. Read them for yourself, and make your own conclusions...

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
The continent is easy to find....it's South America (imho)...the capital city (not the continent) is what sank.

Actually at those times references to Asia were made when referring in reality to what we call today Asia Minor or Middle-east.
It is believed by many historians that Plato meant that when referring to Asia. So, a continent bigger than Libia and the Asian Minor region could be anything, not necessarily South America.

<< 1   >>

join