It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African migrants reel as Israeli law cuts into their salaries

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: Kharron

I guess it's better than gassing people. Not that far from it, though, and I would say definitely on the same path.

Nice hyperbole.

Why? If such practices are allowed to flourish, camps are only 5 to 10 years away. That to me is not that far.

You're saying it like it's inevitable, there's no reason to assume that.

Did they say that they're on temperary visas? If so at least it will be money to go back with, and pay for travel.

Some of these people have no country to go to. The country is either still engaged in war and genocide or it has been dissolved or taken over by another. They have no place to go and have no country of their own; they have become a part of Israel and work and mind their own business.

They are a literal parallel of Jews minding their own business and being productive in pre-WW2 Germany and then being singled out based on ethnicity and religion. It is the same scenario but the oppressor, as history often does, is now reversed.

It's not inevitable, everything can be stopped in time, but if left unchecked they're on that path.

Yet you came to my country as a refugee and sit there on your high horse and bash my country? No thanks! Go back where you came from! We want people who want to live here not destroy our country to make it like the snip hole they left.

Bad enough you show your hatred for a country that opened it's doors and took you in, but to get on your computer and bash other countries is BS!

What country do I have to move to if I allow people like you to destroy it?

Wait a minute, you're Israeli?

And who is bashing any country? It clearly says these people are legally working and being productive members -- they are just trying to live. Their LEGAL salaries are being extra taxed, based on ethnicity. Sink in yet?

You wanna take the hatred veil off for long enough to read the article? *shakes head*

Doesn't matter if I am Jew or not. I respect Israel for trying to keep their country safe from those who want them dead. I wish people like you who were granted passage into my country would respect the opportunity given to you!

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I guess it's better than gassing people. Not that far from it, though, and I would say definitely on the same path.

Nice hyperbole.

Why? If such practices are allowed to flourish, camps are only 5 to 10 years away. That to me is not that far.

Did they say that they're on temperary visas? If so at least it will be money to go back with, and pay for travel.

Some of these people have no country to go to. The country is either still engaged in war and genocide or it has been dissolved or taken over by another. They have no place to go and have no country of their own; they have become a part of Israel and work and mind their own business.

They are a literal parallel of Jews minding their own business and being productive in pre-WW2 Germany and then being singled out based on ethnicity and religion. It is the same scenario but the oppressor, as history often does, is now reversed.

It's not inevitable, everything can be stopped in time, but if left unchecked they're on that path.

Yet you came to my country as a refugee and sit there on your high horse and bash my country? No thanks! Go back where you came from! We want people who want to live here not destroy our country to make it like the snip hole they left.

Bad enough you show your hatred for a country that opened it's doors and took you in, but to get on your computer and bash other countries is BS!

What country do I have to move to if I allow people like you to destroy it?

Wait a minute, you're Israeli?

And who is bashing any country? It clearly says these people are legally working and being productive members -- they are just trying to live. Their LEGAL salaries are being extra taxed, based on ethnicity. Sink in yet?

You wanna take the hatred veil off for long enough to read the article? *shakes head*

Doesn't matter if I am Jew or not. I respect Israel for trying to keep their country safe from those who want them dead. I wish people like you who were granted passage into my country would respect the opportunity given to you!

I'm with you, bubba.

Or they could go somewhere else and work. Problem solved.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Israel is tiny, just slightly bigger than New Jersey.

They don't have the resources to have too many people flooding in to the country at once because the standard of living and freedom there is well above par of the neighboring countries.

They have to do something rather than the concentration refugee camps that the African and other Middle Eastern countries have.

edit on 15/8/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Nice hyperbole.

The Crips hate the Bloods, it will be interplanetary atomic war any day now.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Hitler hated the Jews for a very clear and distinct reason, WW1, wasn't just they were immigrants

It's a wild assumption that Israel are on that path

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I'll repeat that so it can sink in how despicable this practice is

Why is this despicable? Is this more, or less despicable than allowing migrants in, or asking them to pay a deposit, or earning a minimum salary, or having a defined pile of savings, all of which happens in other countries?

This is a way of preventing cash leaving Israel.

Anyway, you showed your dislike of Israel and the Jews by your reference to gassing, which was quite unfortunate and does not help a level discussion of the topic you are trying to bring up. Live and learn, eh?

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

From your source..

Tens of thousands crossed the desert border, often after enduring dangerous journeys, before Israel completed a barrier in 2012 that stopped the influx.

Looks like you failed to mention that these “migrants” are there illegally.

Many took up menial jobs in hotels and restaurants, and thousands settled in southern Tel Aviv, where Israeli residents began complaining of rising crime. While the migrants say they are refugees fleeing conflict or persecution, Israel views them as job-seekers who threaten the Jewish character of the state.

Would you look at that, does this surprise anyone? They are being violent, committing crimes, taking away jobs from actual citizens, lowering the pay rates?

Those “migrants” that Israel is talking about is actually the illegal immigrants that they don’t want in their country. I think that this approach is actually a nice way of doing it.

And no, I don’t think we should do that here. I think we should not even let them work here let alone let them work and just hold 20% of their money, that’s too nice. Get rid of the illegals, build a wall and implement a strict, controlled, slow-trickle immigration policy.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Nice hyperbole.

Did you even read your own article? From your source...

Israel has gone from detaining them in remote desert prisons to purportedly reaching a deal with a third country, believed to be Rwanda, to have them deported there.

You keep bringing up some sort of made up danger that they might get exterminated like the Jews? I think you are being very over dramatic. That’s just effing ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

in which Israel withholds the money from their paychecks every month and returns it only if they leave the country

We ought to try that for illegal immigrants.

Nah. Hold 50% but only return 30% if they leave within a year 20% if they wait two years 10% for three years and return 0% and deport them after they stay three years.

If they don’t like it then they should come legally.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well when the state/nation has to pay excessive amounts for housing of "asylum seekers" or "immigrant workers" who are supposed to only stay for X # of months/years, this is an insurance policy to ensure they leave when their time is up and they will have $$ to re-locate and can't claim financial hardship to stay in the country. It is basically a savings plan for people who plan to play by the rules. Sounds like it could be good in some situations.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join