It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

301 ‘Predator Priests’ Named In Pa. Grand Jury Sex Abuse Report

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
So then this will be the straw that breaks the camels back, no?
pittsburgh.cbslocal.com...

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — The long-awaited state grand jury report into sexual abuse in six Pennsylvania dioceses, including Pittsburgh and Greensburg, has finally been released. The 884-page document, two years in the making, shines a light into the dark corners of these dioceses going back seven decades, exposing the predators and the efforts of their bishops to protect them.

“Today, the most comprehensive report on child sexual abuse within the church ever produced in our country was released,” Attorney General Josh Shapiro said. “Pennsylvanians can finally learn the extent of sexual abuse in these dioceses. For the first time, we can all begin to understand the systematic cover up by church leaders that followed. The abuse scarred every diocese. The cover up was sophisticated. The church protected the institution at all costs.”

301 named in the report; two years to compile; holy moley......
How anyone could leave ANY child alone with ANY of these people again is beyond me.

The report begins with the following statement: “We, the members of this grand jury, need you to hear this. We know some of you have head some of it before. There have been other reports about child sex abuse within the Catholic Church. But never on this scale. For many of us, those earlier stories happened someplace else, someplace away. Now we know the truth: it happened everywhere.”

The report cites 301 priests, clergy and lay teachers with credible allegations against them. There are 99 in the Diocese of Pittsburgh alone.

So will there be upcoming RICO charges against this organization?
This type of crime is EXACTLY what RICO was meant for, is it not?

Because of an on-going legal battle, more than a dozen names and identifying information have been redacted. But the report shows a consistent pattern of bishops having prior knowledge of the actions of these predatory priests, reassigning them and not alerting law enforcement. Shapiro said his office is not satisfied with the release of the redacted report. Shapiro said each one of those redactions represents a story of abuse that deserves to be told. He went on to say that he will fight to reveal the names currently redacted in the report. The report states: “All victims were brushed aside, in every part of the state, by church leaders who preferred to protect the abusers and their institution above all. The main thing was not to help children, but to avoid scandal.” “Priests were raping little boys and girls and the men of God who were responsible for them not only did nothing: they hid it all.” “Diocesan administrators, including the Bishops, had knowledge of this conduct and yet priests were regularly placed in ministry after the Diocese was on notice that a complaint of child sexual abuse had been made. This conduct enabled offenders and endangered the welfare of children.” In addition, the report says administrators and Bishops “often dissuaded victims from reporting abuse to police, pressured law enforcement to terminate or avoid an investigation, or conducted their own deficient, biased investigations without reporting crimes against children to the proper authorities.” “Above all else, they protected their institution at all cost,” Shapiro said.

This behavior needs to END.
Those responsible need to be served justice.
This is absolutely unacceptable.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
No joke, one of the priests named is my neighbor

Obviously he should be entitled to a fair trial before judgement is cast

But it looks pretty bad

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

But it looks pretty bad

Sorry to hear that.
Innocent until proven guilty, but why has no city,state or federal prosecutor charged the organization with RICO?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Yes it is bad.

It is not 301 priest though...

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
Yes it is bad.

It is not 301 priest though...

Not my choice for the headline.
I did include this:

The report cites 301 priests, clergy and lay teachers with credible allegations against them. There are 99 in the Diocese of Pittsburgh alone.

IMO that makes it worse as they all worked together to cover up these despicable crimes.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

But it looks pretty bad

Sorry to hear that.
Innocent until proven guilty, but why has no city,state or federal prosecutor charged the organization with RICO?

A good question

There are all sorts of things that allow this disgusting behavior to continue

Embarrassment, fear of coming forward, a fear of upsetting powerful people, not wanting to damage the image of something that is so important to so many

The first step is people speaking up about the abuse without fear or embarrassment

I hope that now that that is occurring any monster that abused children is punished to the full extent of the law

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

No doubt on both points.

Someone had to say it and others would have said it better.

Anyway you add it up it is bad.

I think them doctors and priest are in competition.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

When you have 300+ people nabbed within a small area, the notion of long term conspiracy definitely comes to mind. These folks coordinated, they felt safe in their activities.

Certainly, this crosses generational, state and national boundaries on a scale we the naive cant fully fathom. That is exactly how these people organize, obfuscation via the utterly unbelievable.
edit on 14-8-2018 by BlueJacket because: sp

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The first step is people speaking up about the abuse without fear or embarrassment

Good luck with that.

Just the presence of our comments on the issue can bring shame to victims.

The feeling comes over them that since the act is deemed so cruel and sick then they must be less than perfect themselves.

In my book that is not true but in many cultures such victims are not so much victims of some touching and such but the public shame can be greater that any sex act.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Biggest bust like this in US history! They better hit 'em with the book make an example out of them... sick f**** to be posing as "messengers for God", in "God's house", and defiling vulnerable children and others...

This is GOOD NEWS

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

But it looks pretty bad

Used to take my sister (I'm athiest and she needs assistance) St. Joseph, one of the Priest was abruptly removed from there about 6 years ago and sent to Beaver County pa. Lost track of him since then.

Sitting here watching KDKA... I swear Bishop Zubic just said he's

Unaware of any sex abuse cases
under his reign as head of the Pittsburgh Diocese. And as assistant, he had not heard of any cases.

He's being VERY CAREFUL in his wordings.

Worst yet, I Can hear Jon Delano's voice... it's like nails to a chalkboard.

**** Zubik said they are considering removing Cardinal Wuerl's name from Bishop Wuerl High School ****

Edit: Grambler, I was getting worried. I've not seen you here on ATS in some time.

edit on 14-8-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

I know 2 priest on the list👍 yyayyyy

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

Good luck with that.

Just the presence of our comments on the issue can bring shame to victims.

The feeling comes over them that since the act is deemed so cruel and sick then they must be less than perfect themselves.

In my book that is not true but in many cultures such victims are not so much victims of some touching and such but the public shame can be greater that any sex act.

So I may be giving away too much info about myself here, but oh well

I live in a small town called Fryburg pa

Two of the accused priests were priests in this town

I am not Catholic and grew up about twenty minutes away, so I don’t know these priests

However, one of them is my direct next door neighbor (he is retired now)

My wife and her whole family, and most of my friends here are Catholic, and many had these priests

I have just learned of this in the past weeks, and have been asking people about it

Most say they had no idea, but they should be jailed if they are guilty

I honestly don’t even know how to have a discussion with someone who may have been a victim

What I can say is that I will do whatever I can to assure people that they should have no fear of being truthful, and not fear these disgusting people of power

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I'm worried they're going to Botch this like the Penn State abuse cases.
An attorney in the Penn State went missing and only his car and computer were found. The computer's hard drive was missing.

This I much bigger than PS.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
(ATS GLITCH) A reply to Gambler :

Fryburg is wayyyy up and out there..
Ohhhhh I see there is St. Michaels Church. Now I'm seeing a pattern for you.
Is this where you neighbor priest resided?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Yep we are in the sticks

My wife’s family all went to st Joseph’s, about ten minutes out of town

But many of there family went to st. Michaels and knew the priests there

Thanks for wondering where I was, I was just busy for a while

Eta

Yes the priests that is my neighbor is in Fryburg

He was named in a prior report I saw

I have never met or even saw the man, but he lives in a nice house right across the street from me

edit on 14-8-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
On a more general note, I have been very vocal about groomygangs in the U.K., and the fact that authorities have turned a blind eye to it

I see this case no differently

All of the members of the church, and authorities that knew of this, and did nothing are guilty of some of the most vile crimes a human can commit

I feel that finally people are I afraid to go after these Catholic priests, which is good

But it has taken at least 7 decades

How many children had their lives ruined in that time?

And just because we now have people speaking up, there may be countless other victims who are still afraid or ashamed to speak up

I feel that it is more than fair to investigate every single catholic group associated with the named dioceses, and go after all perpetrators to the full extent of the law

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Went to St. Joseph's in Coraopolis Pa. 10 miles from downtown Pittsburgh.

I just wanted to throw out 3 names

Lawrence Stebler is on the list. Pucci and Rebel are not

Father Stebler.. st joes (may have passed )

Father Rebel ***not on list***
And Father Pucci **not on the list**

**Mods am I allowed to give these names?***

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

My wife didn’t know any of them

But she is young enough to only know three priests that have been there

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Check edit above 😊
Im in Kennedy Pa and went to St Joe's 5 miles from here in coraopolis pa. Pittsburgh suburbs.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Oh ok

Yeah this st jos is in lucinda pa, right next to Fryburg

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join