It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing look inside the mind of the Parkland gunman

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Some of the interview/interrogation with Nickolas Cruz, the Parkland shooter has just been posted on youtube.. He claims a voice/demon inside his head made him kill 17 students. The video is of him punching himself among other things when the detective is out of the room. Yes he knew he was under the watchful eye of the camera.. IMO this is one weird dude who might be wanting to claim insanity while awaiting trial . Anyone who would do something like this has got to be some kinda of sick for whatever reason.. I personally would rather see him put to death instead of being placed in jail and fed for the rest of his life.
youtu.be...

One of the fathers of a dead girl said Cruz's friends knew he was an endangerment as did the FBI and law enforcement.. As demonstrated by Cruz's video claiming he was going to be the next school shooter. youtu.be...

There are a few other videos basically showing the same rehash of Cruz..

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I categorically object to the death penalty more so in this case. For a start for you to murder 1 person you have to be pretty unbalanced but to do this you have to have something seriously wrong. The fact is lots of people have used historically mental illness as an excuse for their crimes in a vain attempt to get off or get a lighter punishment. Understand though, those with real mental illnesses cannot always control what they do. It is really up to the state and society to preempt crimes and when people are ill, put them away until they are better. A lot could be said for the parents and care givers who sometimes think they can handle it on their own the end result is dead people everywhere and the execution of the offender.

We do not live in a society that simply puts down the sick, the key really should be making sure it doesn't happen in the first place.

Lets get rid of the stigma of mental health so people can actually talk about it without fear of persecution or ridicule and b) if you know someone is ill or not taking their meds report it! As a society we all have a part to play in keeping everyone safe.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Did anyone ever find out if his last name is Cuban?
edit on 9-8-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Fry his arse.

He can play insane all he wants.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
What common sense gun laws would have stopped this kid?

He wanted to commit evil, no laws would have stopped him.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChristianParr
a reply to: 727Sky

We do not live in a society that simply puts down the sick, the key really should be making sure it doesn't happen in the first place.

b) if you know someone is ill or not taking their meds report it! As a society we all have a part to play in keeping everyone safe.

Society should prevent this, huh? In this case, society TRIED. How many times were the authorities contacted about this guy? Surely you know that people reported this guy to the FBI MULTIPLE times. He had also been expelled from school, and I believe he had been checked up on by county child and family services in the months leading to to his killing spree.

What ekse could society have done with this one? Scare up an armed posse and capture the guy against his will? And then take him to the police or FBI who already knew about him and did nothing?

I don't know what the answer is but I'm pretty sure its not passing the buck to "society."

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I wish I could give you more than one star... !!

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

I wish I could give you more than one star... !!

Thank you 727 😊😊

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Let's see. He's being interrogated but has apparently not been informed he has a right to an attorney because he asks at the end if he can have an attorney. Wouldn't he have been automatically given an attorney before being interrogated in such a high profile case? Wouldn't any halfway decent attorney advise him not to talk? Wouldn't his attorney want to be present during the interrogation?

If he waived his right to an attorney beforehand, why did he ask for one in the video?

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
For anyone interested, here is more information about Cruz from a report prepared by Broward School District.

Here's what Broward schools knew about Parkland shooter — details revealed by mistake

There was much initially redacted in the report which the Sun Sentinel (newspaper) manage to reveal by simply copying and pasting the text... and Broward Schools aren't happy about:

School board asks judge to hold Sun Sentinel in contempt over school-shooter report

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Society should prevent this, huh? In this case, society TRIED. How many times were the authorities contacted about this guy?

That's exactly right, KG!!!

All kinds of people reported him to the proper authorities and did what they could to get him help -- and remove the very real and immediate threat he posed to everyone around him. And it was the "proper" authorities who dropped the ball again and again and again. For no good reason.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Let's see. He's being interrogated but has apparently not been informed he has a right to an attorney because he asks at the end if he can have an attorney. Wouldn't he have been automatically given an attorney before being interrogated in such a high profile case? Wouldn't any halfway decent attorney advise him not to talk? Wouldn't his attorney want to be present during the interrogation?

If he waived his right to an attorney beforehand, why did he ask for one in the video?

You have to ask for an attorney, just because he didnt ask in the beginning didnt mean he didnt know his rights to have one.

What kind of leap in logic is that?

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

You have to ask for an attorney, just because he didnt ask in the beginning didnt mean he didnt know his rights to have one.

What kind of leap in logic is that?

The logic is that if he was ever going to ask for an attorney, it wouldn't make very much sense to wait until after he confessed to murder to do it.

Of course he is apparently crazy so I wouldn't expect his actions to make much sense but if he doesn't understand what's happening, why would he ask for an attorney at all? If he does know what's happening, why would he confess to murder and then ask for an attorney? Of what use is an attorney if you don't intend to defend yourself?

Anyway, I haven't even been following the story. Has there even been a trial yet? Is there going to be a trial? I'm assuming that even in the case of a confession that he'd still have to go in front of a judge. But again. What does he need with a lawyer at that point?

And why would the police release the video to the media anyway? I've never seen that happen before as far as I know.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Wouldn't he have been automatically given an attorney before being interrogated in such a high profile case?

?

Uh, no.

No one is automatically given an attorney, no matter how low or high-profile the case is. Where is the WORLD did you get the idea that an attorney is EVER automatically provided?

Cops are allowed to LIE to suspects while they question them. You think if they can do that, that there is also some rule that gives them an attorney automatically, in a high profile case?

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Wouldn't he have been automatically given an attorney before being interrogated in such a high profile case?

?

Uh, no.

No one is automatically given an attorney, no matter how low or high-profile the case is. Where is the WORLD did you get the idea that an attorney is EVER automatically provided?

Cops are allowed to LIE to suspects while they question them. You think if they can do that, that there is also some rule that gives them an attorney automatically, in a high profile case?

The thinking here is that a high profile case might attract a better than average defense attorney who could use this video against them in court. And again. How did the media even obtain this video? I don't know that it's unusual but it seems unusual for the cops to release this right away.

Presumably they would not want to do anything to compromise the prosecution's case. Do they really need a confession that badly if they have multiple witnesses who will testify that it was him? Do they need to lie to him in order to charge and convict him in this particular case? No.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Of course he is apparently crazy so I wouldn't expect his actions to make much sense but if he doesn't understand what's happening, why would he ask for an attorney at all? If he does know what's happening, why would he confess to murder and then ask for an attorney? Of what use is an attorney if you don't intend to defend yourself?

He didnt have to confess so much they caught him there, with the weapons, they knew he did it, whats he gonna do, say it wasnt me?

Anyway, I haven't even been following the story. Has there even been a trial yet? Is there going to be a trial? I'm assuming that even in the case of a confession that he'd still have to go in front of a judge. But again. What does he need with a lawyer at that point?

No no trial yet, these things usually take time, for whatever reason, youd think with allt he evidence it wouldnt.

And why would the police release the video to the media anyway? I've never seen that happen before as far as I know.

Honesty I think they should more often, I think they should actually let the public hear WHY someone did this, and put an end to conspiracy bs and blaming it on the second amendment.

Back in the 60s up to about the mid 90s, they actually use to interview the killers to find out why they did what they did. And by they I mean the Media and news sources.

Its my opinion they stopped doing that because it doesnt push the agenda.

When you interview someone whose clearly crazy, or says they would have done what they did no matter what method, it doesnt allow you to keep the narrative that "guns did this"
edit on 9-8-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

He didnt have to confess so much they caught him there, with the weapons, they knew he did it, whats he gonna do, say it wasnt me?

He COULD have said "I want an attorney" because he doesn't HAVE to say anything. The first thing they tell you is you have a right to remain silent. Now again. Obviously, he appears to be nuts so maybe he didn't understand that. It just doesn't make much sense to me to ask for a lawyer if it has already been established that he doesn't want one.

Honesty I think they should more often, I think they should actually let the public hear WHY someone did this, and put an end to conspiracy bs and blaming it on the second amendment.

Well, I'm not saying I've never seen a confession tape on TV. I just haven't seen it done before the trial as far as I can remember. I don't usually have much interest in it but I have seen quite a bit of the news in my life. I haven't seen it done this way as far as I recall.

Back in the 60s up to about the mid 90s, they actually use to interview the killers to find out why they did what they did. And by they I mean the Media and news sources.

Before the trial? I'm in my 40s. I didn't see the OJ interrogation on TV before the trial. Did you?

I believe that if OJ killed those two, he has to be insane. He was apparently not too crazy to obtain a lawyer before the cops got to interrogate him.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   
and what if he really is hearing voices? voices transmitted into his head?

he could have been set up to do the shooting by some sort of technology in the wrong hands.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   
From reading some of the descriptions of his behavior, it seems to me that he lost control of his darkness. A genie that is nearly impossible to get back into the bottle.

He will likely end up in a mental institution for the next 60 years or so; with a sufficient quantity of chemicals continually pumped into his brain to completely obliterate his true personality. This is believed to be fair and humane treatment for someone whose mind is irreparably broken.

But, I wonder sometimes whether it would be more humane for someone as unfixable as Nickolas Cruz to be allowed to come off his meds and be placed in a locked room with a single razor blade; and allow nature to take its course.

This is just a humble opinion that I felt compelled to write.

-dex

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Of course he's insane, no sane person would do what he did.
To be honest I kinda feel sad for him, in the way I'd feel sad for anyone who has reached the point in their existence where they know that they deserve to die and have no chance at redemption.
I agree with him, he does deserve to die and before he dies he deserves an apology from everyone in authority who were aware of his potential and yet did nothing. Life has nothing left for Nicholas Cruz, imagine the horror of knowing this and know that this kid is literally in hell already.
He's a boy that got so lost and was(not just felt, actually was) so alone that he was able to decide that mass homicide was the way to go.
I have no answers here, this is the reality we currently exist in.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join