It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Soul of a Nation - What is it ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

There is always hope when we become one.

if you are talking about the "soul" of any person, or group of people, you are talking about energies, hopes, thoughts, beliefs, ect., and the dance that the energy does, the merging of like energy, the separation when that merger becomes unstable, and the conflicts and competition as those energies strive to manifest, to become a dominate force within the "soul" .

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

dont belive in a soul of a nation. we are all connected as human beings - our history is the same, we drink milk, eat pizza, watch netflix, #, pee, love and hate the same way. right now i'm sitting in munich, its #ing hot, i'm working, writing stuff, outside i hear kids screaming and people wandering by, pretty peaceful day. and within seconds everyone can read these lines. yes, there is an cultural identity, thats the place were you born, but, in reality its all mixed up, there are millions of people living far away their bornplace because of work or love or whatever, thats our nature, to travel, to seek something different. souls dont know borders.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I just see it the same as religion.

You're pretty much assimilated from birth to have certain beliefs and thought patterns.

Man made ideologies that are not necessarily correct.

I prefer a wider scope -- such as humanity -- not confined by man made lines drawn in the sand.

edit on 5-8-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Thank you for the presentation of these lofty ideas. Do countries have a soul? Perhaps they do.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
"The Soul of a Nation - What is it?"

James Brown.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scrutinizing
"The Soul of a Nation - What is it?"

James Brown.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Thank you for the presentation of these lofty ideas. Do countries have a soul? Perhaps they do.

And thank you for seeing what I'm trying to find out and understand

- Are our historical, cultural, political, economic - and yes even ethno-religious pasts effecting our views of the future?

You see more than anything else I'm a 'futurist' - My main interest in the past is only to open gateways to the future.

So who 'we' are is significant - and knowing how we are different may ahow us how we are the same

- help us reach for, obtain, and grasp the future

edit on 5-8-2018 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

- Are our historical, cultural, political, economic - and yes even ethno-religious pasts effecting our views of the future?

many of those serve to place limitations on us, both as individuals as well as within groups. It seems like we all have to accept some rules when we join any group, don't we. Don't get me wrong, in many ways those limitations, those things that we refer to as traditions, serve a valid purpose, we would be like a blind person traveling in a car at top speed with no reference as to where we've been, or where we are going without them.

some countries, such as china and the middle east, have pretty much been stuck in their history and tradition. China up till recently has been pretty much isolationist, so that is the only view their people have had. while in the middle east in many countries, the powers on the top have this attitude of it's this way or no way. weather it be good or bad, things seem to stay the same in such countries.
I and I believe you also, live in what is referred to as the melting pot...
you put iron ore into a melting pot, and apply extreme heat, and it burns off the impurities and we end up with strong iron. well, in the US, we throw people, from all over the world in, the heat is applied, and that dance of energies that I spoke of in my previous post begins. ya, there is underlying conflicts which sometimes boil into manifestations, like energies join forces, alliances are made, but in the end the impurities are burned away, only the best is left standing. those things that aren't found worthy by the society is laid to rest, new values are accepted, and we are forever changed somewhat, hopefully for the better and more stronger, with new ideas on how to build that future you speak of.

this is what america (which includes much more than the US) is, this is the purpose this land has always had, it is ruled not by any one god, but is the sanctuary that many gods come to when the lands they once ruled over were overtaken by new gods, or by humans who just decided that try to transform them into something they just didn't want to be and it's where they led the remnants of their flocks to.

edit on 6-8-2018 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join