It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agent Smith Backgrounds

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I’m sick and tired of seeing those blank grey “Agent Smith” type backgrounds, that various posters seem to have.

Like this below…

You go to respond to one of these grey types, and then another appears who looks just like the same freaking guy…They're like a bunch of clones coming off some never ending production line...and they just keep on coming...

Throw some colours in there man…maybe even branch out and get an avatar.

I mean, how looooooooonnnnngggggg have you been posting now…and you still got the Greyness!!!…

End of Rant…

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I don't understand why it matters? Surely it's the content of the post or reply rather then some pretty picture. I've only just signed up but can guarantee I am not going to be hunting round for some pointless avatar like we are back in 2003. Just saying.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

And I am concerned about the 21,000,000,000,000 dollar debt that seems to be no big deal the the new admin.

But Different Strokes......

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ChristianParr

Yeah, but you just signed up…I’m talking about those that have been on here for months or maybe a year…

And yes content is important…but when you're discussing topics on a big thread and many of the replies all have that same grey style avatar…you'll soon see what I mean…

Btw - Welcome to ATS…

- JC

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Do you want to force people to have avatars? Do you feel the need to choose avatars for people? Do you feel like they are doing something to you?

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
It's just as easy to read the handle as it is to look at an avatar.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecroft

You go to respond to one of these grey types, and then another appears who looks just like the same freaking guy…They're like a bunch of clones coming off some never ending production line...and they just keep on coming...

Bastardos!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Do you want to force people to have avatars? Do you feel the need to choose avatars for people? Do you feel like they are doing something to you?

Maybe he's just a graycist.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Maybe he's just a graycist.

< groan >

It's too early in the evening yet for dad jokes!

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

It is never too early for dad jokes.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ChristianParr

I think the OP is talking about you lol!

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I, for one, like Roman Numerals.

Totally off topic, but needed to be stated.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Originally posted by woodcarver

Of course not…

But I just feel like there are too many posters with that same exact background…and they all look the freaking same…

AT least with an Avatar or some other combination of colours you can quickly identify who the poster is…

It’s like they signed up, got the autopilot grey background, and then never changed a thing…lol

Plus the grey just looks dull…

- JC

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecroft
a reply to: Woodcarver

Originally posted by woodcarver

Of course not…

But I just feel like there are too many posters with that same exact background…and they all look the freaking same…

AT least with an Avatar or some other combination of colours you can quickly identify who the poster is…

It’s like they signed up, got the autopilot grey background, and then never changed a thing…lol

Plus the grey just looks dull…

- JC

Sarah Jeong just got triggered... nice job, dude...

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Sorry I would totally change mine I have tried I just cant seem to figure it out.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I prefer avatars as well. It's gives me a better idea of who the member is than having to read there tiny user name with my poor eye site.

On the other hand we are all here to get along and be one big happy ATS family so Gray Lives Matter too!

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

originally posted by: projectvxn

I, for one, like Roman Numerals.

Totally off topic, but needed to be stated.

Yah but s it the Roman numeral or the script that the numerals are done in

I use to like Roman numerals but realised it was more the script

I have a frog, motorbike frog, just saying

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
wow just realized i have a social wall on ATS, but i have no friends. Do you think its the avatar?

Op maybe you could make a tutorial?

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Saiker

Originally posted by Saiker
Sorry I would totally change mine I have tried I just cant seem to figure it out.

LOL

Click on the down arrow in the upper right near “myATS”…and then click on “account” over too the left.

Next, scroll down to colours and have a play around with them. Once you’ve chosen a colour, click the submit button.

I cant wait to see your greyness disappear lol

- JC

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
It's just as easy to read the handle as it is to look at an avatar.

No, it's not. Green lettering fades into the background. You can barely read anything. Many people are clueless about the problem. I'm much less likely to pay attention to posters who look like that. If they don't care about their appearance, why should I care what they post?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join