It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alt News and Conspiracy Sites Dying Out

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

I actually joined ATS for the Survival and Global meltdown Boards and "Strange News" I could find. I was around for quite a while posting "anonymously" until they discontinued that so I joined.

I still love to see archaeological finds but they are few and far between anymore.

I love this message board set-up, so much better than the tree formats you find most places. I think it is the "facebook" of boards.

But in reality, Politics, movements, courts, etc. Have a direct impact / threat to our lives currently. At no time in recent history have we had such a struggle between collectivist control freak authoritarians and individualist responsibility freedom, rights, law, and independence minded people.

It is truly a "culture war" of those who would control our actions, words, thoughts, and behavior using the power of government, laws, and regulations VS. our rights & limiting the Government from interfering and infringing upon our rights and freedoms.

It is that simple.
edit on 3-8-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: blend57

I think there is plenty of subjects left to explore for alternative websites. I also think that people are just so caught up in the whole political scene that they aren't exploring those subjects anymore. Hopefully the tide will turn again soon.

Thanks
Blend

I agree with you.

But I am beginning to think that turning point has passed and we have moved on to a new phase in life.

The thing is me. Before 2011, I was your normal guy like everyone else.

Then a switch turned on, and I started researching stuff, which lead me to here.

Once I was here, I understood how the world and people worked.

One of those I get it moments. All those thoughts of how things were suppose to be went out the window.

Well, all those things that got me here have slowly vanished and kind of left me hanging a little bit.

Just a little bit.

I have a plan. I am moving forward to a more aware state of mind. It's happy and awesome.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

I actually joined ATS for the Survival and Global meltdown Boards and "Strange News" I could find. I was around for quite a while posting "anonymously" until they discontinued that so I joined.

I still love to see archaeological finds but they are few and far between anymore.

I love this message board set-up, so much better than the tree formats you find most places. I think it is the "facebook" of boards.

I can hook you up with some good sites for archaeological sites. This site is just all science news and my go to everyday.

www.newsnow.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

originally posted by: infolurker

I can hook you up with some good sites for archaeological sites. This site is just all science news and my go to everyday.

www.newsnow.co.uk...

Oh.... very nice!

It is like the "Drudge Report" of Science! Direct links to the articles!

Bookmarked!

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   
people are just starting to use their heads...

lets see:
y2k
mayan 2012
big foot
lochness
UFOs
never ending "imminent disclosure "
nibiru
fema death camps
north American union
jade helm
ancient aliens
secret alien race inside the earth
flat earth
hollow earth
moon bases
device on the moon feeding on souls
secret obama army

if you chose to fall for any of the above then you're a *fill in the blank*

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
It's an intellectual hygiene problem. It's hard to come out clean when you live in a cerebral sh!thole. There's also a negative side.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Conspiracy theories, just like religion hide in the dark corner of scientific ignorance that we do not yet understand..

So as our understanding has increased. The room remaining to squeeze in a crazy conspiracy theory has decreased..

Before the internet and cell phone cameras people could make up anything and it was really hard to fact check them..

Now We can instantly find out what is happening in any place on the planet in an instant..

So when you remove the believability of “the ark on Ararat , Bigfoot, Nessie (fill in the blank) all that leaves is politics..

If the conspiracy sites are dying it is likely because if trump..

The majority of the conspiracy crowd backed trump because he was spouting random conspiracy theories..

Well once trump won that put the conspiracy crowd in the oh so unpopular position of being pro-government.

Well the conspiracy crowd cannot maintain being pro-government.. because once your guy is in charge of he doesn’t fix things. He must be in on it..

I think the conspiracy crowd is trying to decide what to do as they realize trump is now the establishment.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Anything that isn't conservative mainstream propaganda has been labeled fake news, I'm betting it has something to do with that.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Kinda...

More likely they have been accepted into mainstream conservative circles so they have less need to go to fringe sites..

Ever since obama was elected the mainstream gop has gone conspiracy theory crazy...

I think they were terrified they would never win after Obama’s rockstar like landslide victory..

It was an irrational fear.. the pendulum was always gonna swing back the other way, but they panicked and allowed anyone into the fold who was anti-obama/democrats/lefties..

Well this included the KKK and conspiracy types..

THEN THEY WON!!

It worked and I think they have just been holding on for the ride ever since..

There is no one driving the car..

Well now trump is driving the car but he is crazier than most..

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Alt News and Conspiracy Sites Dying Out

new_here .....
Aw, you get your occasional Madella Effect thread still, haha!

........Groot: "No ! Just no...."

See thats your problem to begin with...you are in the alternative Universe...and you don't accept it yet...

....Be afraid, be very afraid....

On a brighter note we dodged Nibiru,
god is dead,
UFOs don't exist,
Hitler rules the Fourth Reich from Antarctica

and there are over 2000 varieties of beer I can buy over the counter now

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

You sum it up nicely Mr. Cox. Succinctly. For the ease with which he has swept them all up into his orbit we should thank our lucky stars it was not accomplished by a man of even moderate competency.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I concur, well put...

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I would think many numbers peaked during the 2016 election.

2020 is right around the corner.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Was it because 2012 Mayan prophesy didn't pan out?

I think this was a key moment.
Looking at ATS alone; Six months after the arrival of 2013, the appearance of new threads and the turnover on the Recent Posts page had dropped dramtically.
(In other words, the new domination of politics is symptom, not cause)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Just the political bull# is keeping it alive .

Basically everything on the internet is controlled and there is selfcensorship. Most 'conspiracy' sites are just crossections of mainstream. Most people aren't even interested in conspiracies. There are many subjects that should be discussed but aren't. All what is left is political #posting , save and easy.

Because top members were banned?

really ?

It's just all about politics now. Nothing big footy, ufo'y, middle earthy, and so on.

Imagine that , if people on the political level suddenly react on 'middle earth'

Guess all that has passed and everyone has moved on.

I hope not although I think you're right. Bigfoot for instance exists or it doesn't. But if people on CT boards indeed have evolved to political #posting we will never know....

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Very true!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Sadly, most of the real conspiracies involve politics. There is no end to the dirt I. Washington and around the world. The U.N. Is full of conspiracies as well. I think a lot of the things we used to theorize about have turned out to be true like election fixing and manipulation.

We all know politics are rigged. Thats no biggie .

But big foot and ufo's. That's alot more interesting.

did you miss this thread?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You seem to have started some threads on subjects you like, so I'd suggest you keep doing that, and encourage more people to do the same. Some of us are interested in the political conspiracies, and we keep them in the appropriate forums.

Since the site is user generated content, I'd wager the content is what the "users" want to see.

I'm just glad we don't have a large influx of "ATS used to be......" threads.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Well, the human condition has the inept abilities to use their pattern recognition in their brain box to feel 'right/correct' about what is being processed, instead of finding a larger value in learning by way of being 'incorrect/wrong' about pattern recognition.

As the frequencies of life pick up steam, technologies, and make the abilities for humans to be more connected than ever before in history we witness the ever growing realities that the brain's processing recognition is going to become harder and harder as time unveils itself... making the tasks of recognizing patterns to be increasingly incompatible to what the common human brain can average out. It is not uncommon at all to see debating bracketing be ripped from the seams, because the subject matter can't be analyzed to a specific channel... which causes frustration in debate for those that strive to be wrong about subject matters.

Personally, I prefer to be wrong about subjects. The biggest reason as to why stems from the possibility that I may learn more about something, grow from learning, and work to separate subject matters into a format of which patterns are easier to recognize. To put it simply, I funnel all thought through a core so I can narrow down patterns to easier to formulate opinions and outcomes to a standard of which simplifies thought as a whole.

To witness debates stem from areas of which act as a 'Knowledge Gone Bad' and recognize the patterns that people just want to be right about something as opposed to delving into specific subject matter makes the average conspiracy theorist run for the hills. Take the following third response to your OP, and it will hint to exactly what I am talking about... where you mention that politics is an avenue for debate deterioration, and people offer stars to Trump opinions, of which has nothing at all to do with your questions. Sorry, but how the hell does ID & groceries relate to conspiracy sites?

Groot........ You are right, I see it from a prophecy view......the apostasy Trump may do like Hitler.....ease in the crap Watch in forc Trump to go too......too.....you know Like needing an I D to buy groceries

Please... lets learn the love of being wrong about things, shall we? These are just my opinions and I hope to be wrong, but the pattern recognition that the great debaters of this site and other conspiracy sites are no longer with us for reasons mentioned by me prior is too strong to not be sad over.

Let's just face it... the average conspiracy theory had solid homes a few years back. Those homes have been destroyed by the minds that cowered to mass media over the years... infiltrated to the fullest degree. Conspiracy sites are filled with those that need their patterns told to them at a higher rate than the so called, crackpot conspiracy theorist.

If what I spew is incorrect, my pattern recognition wouldn't deflate my spirit to debate as much as it does as the larger majority of rebuttals to my opinions nowadays result in some sort of insult about what I need to learn to be as smart as the con on the flip side, or how stupid I am for offering an opposing view about a subject matter because it doesn't align with opposing agendas to be correct.

People don't care how much one knows when they know how much one cares...
edit on 4-8-2018 by ttobban because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2018 by ttobban because: ...

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

When I first signed up to ATS is was for all the conspiracies, the out there theories and the slightly twisted evidences to prove this random thing or that and on occasion there was a political thread once every few pages and now a couple years later we have an endless stream of political stuff, a few threads of medical stuff (which I'm actually okay with) and the one series of threads I hate more than anything: the ruddy damn Mandella effect (god do I hate them). Ats has changed BIG TIME. I used to visit once a day sometimes twice but for a while it's been once or twice every few days. So yh I can see that these types of sites are going away because they're becoming a place for people to complain about political stories (which I guess I'm sort of doing lol).

If you allow me to steal and augment a Trump/Reagan thing: Let's make ATS great again

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Honestly, you do not keep the politics in the appropriate forum. Almost all the non-political threads have someone posting about politics in them. I know because I read and cringe every time I see a post that introduces politics into a non-political thread.

There is no getting away from it. And making non-political threads only to have someone introduce politics into it is deterring. I honestly don’t understand it. For almost a year you’ve all been chasing ghosts and yet you still act as though there will be a “big reveal” and what you’ve uncovered is important. Nothing has come of any of it. A lot of time and tax payer’s money wasted is all I see.

Who has been found guilty and sentenced? What big mystery has been solved? Where is the conspiracy? There is nothing new under the sun in politics. Nothing that hasn’t happened in every presidency and the outcome will be the same. It is a pattern. Every presidency has a scandal, lots of time wasted investigating it, and then the outcome is a slap on the wrist for those involved. Wash, rinse, repeat.

If I’m wrong, tell me and I’ll be happy that I learned something new from all this. What president/high level politician has seen jail time from a scandal involving them in the government? This is an honest question and as I said, I'll be more than happy if someone can point me to one that I can research/read about.

Thanks,
blend

ok. I looked it up and there have been a few politicians that have been found guilty of wrong doings but not served jail time. Just did a quick search and found the info on wiki. en.wikipedia.org...

Lieutenant General Michael Flynn (R) National Security Advisor. Pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI. (2017)[1]
Legislative branch
Steve Stockman (R-TX) was convicted of fraud. (2018)[2]
Anthony Weiner (D-NY)[3] was convicted of sending sexually explicit photos of himself to a 15-year-old girl and was made to sign the sexual offenders register. (2017)[4]
Corrine Brown (D-FL) was convicted on 18 felony counts of wire and tax fraud, conspiracy, lying to federal investigators, and other corruption charges. (2017)[5][6]
Greg Gianforte (R-MT) pleaded guilty to charge of assault. (2017)[7][8]
2009–2017 (Barack Obama (D) presidency)
Executive branch
General David Petraeus (R)[9] Director of the Central Intelligence Agency. On April 23, 2015, a federal judge sentenced Petraeus to two years' probation plus a fine of $100,000 for providing classified information to Lieutenant Colonel Paula Broadwell.(2015)[10]
Legislative branch
Chaka Fattah (D-PA) was convicted on 23 counts of racketeering, fraud, and other corruption charges. (2016)[11]
Dennis Hastert (R-IL) Speaker of the United States House of Representatives pleaded guilty in court for illegally structuring bank transactions related to payment of $3.5 million to quash allegations of sexual misconduct with a student when he was a high school teacher and coach decades ago.[12] (2016)
Michael Grimm (R-NY) pleaded guilty of felony tax evasion. This was the fourth count in a 20-count indictment brought against him for improper use of campaign funds. The guilty plea had a maximum sentence of three years; he was sentenced to eight months in prison. (2015)[13][14]
Trey Radel (R-FL) was convicted of possession of coc aine in November 2013. As a first-time offender, he was sentenced to one year probation and fined $250. Radel announced he would take a leave of absence, but did not resign. Later, under pressure from a number of Republican leaders, he announced through a spokesperson that he would resign. (2013)[15][16][17]
Rick Renzi (R-AZ) was found guilty on 17 of 32 counts against him June 12, 2013, including wire fraud, conspiracy, extortion, racketeering, money laundering and making false statements to insurance regulators. (2013)[18]
Jesse Jackson, Jr. (D-IL) pleaded guilty February 20, 2013, to one count of wire and mail fraud in connection with his misuse of $750,000 in campaign funds. Jackson was sentenced to two and one-half years' imprisonment. (2013)[19]
Laura Richardson (D-CA) was found guilty on seven counts of violating US House rules by improperly using her staff to campaign for her, destroying the evidence and tampering with witness testimony. The House Ethics Committee ordered Richardson to pay a fine of $10,000. (2012)[20][21]
Judicial branch
Mark E. Fuller (R) U.S. District Judge was found guilty of domestic violence and sentenced to 24 weeks of family and domestic training and forced to resign his position. (2015)[22][23][24]

Those are the ones I've looked at so far..

edit on 4-8-2018 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join