It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alt News and Conspiracy Sites Dying Out

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
It almost seems like we are on a precipice. There is enough evidence now that people are being forced to make a decision, to continue believing the lies of mainstream or start tearing down the previously built theories of their own reality. I find there are a lot of people that just choose the comforting lies instead of reality.

So the easiest way to continue down the path if ignorance is to simply stop looking. They can continue to tune into mainstream which confirms their bias. I wonder as to the quality, originality and uniqueness of those that are checking out? Maybe this is exactly what is needed, to increase the signal to noise ratio where the people who are left, truly want to change things instead of gaining simple entertainment.

Maybe this will be for the better (outside of site revenues) and in the end, will be the main forum of change to bring us together so we can start tackling the important issues.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Too much BS, followed with a certain percentage of "conspiracy theorists" losing their backbones and giving into censorship/pressure. But hey, sometimes folks are more concerned about "hurting someones feelings" or taking a risk than exposing the truth.

Just my 2c anyhow...

Used to be some great ones out there, however. It is up to folks like us to keep exposing the truth, handing out those "red pills" and challenging the official narrative whenever words vs. hard evidence is offered.

Taking any "official" at face-value (read: based on their mere words alone) is not enough. They have institutionalized lying and deception.
edit on 8/4/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I totally went the "other way" with the premise of the thread.
Much like "follow the money" in politics, with high strangeness it's more like "follow the sunspots". This will be circumstantial at best, but hey, it's a slow news day.

Page 5 of the link gives two nifty charts that clearly show increased sunspot activity that correspond to decades of some of the highest strangeness most of us are familiar with. From mysterious places, ghostly activity and UFO's. Currently we're in a sunspot "lull" so things are winding down before ramping up again.

To be clear this is TOTALLY circumstantial, just a hunch, but why not?
arxiv.org...

To address the point previously made issue that we've discovered a number of answers, well it's more like we've sorted the wheat from the chaff in exposing charlatans & frauds plus disinformation agents. Dunno that we've satisfactorily answered things, but we do know now who's full of it.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

originally posted by: Groot
Was it because 2012 Mayan prophesy didn't pan out?

I think this was a key moment.
Looking at ATS alone; Six months after the arrival of 2013, the appearance of new threads and the turnover on the Recent Posts page had dropped dramtically.
(In other words, the new domination of politics is symptom, not cause)

I find it astounding that People expected the 2012 date after thousands of years to be an actual day and not a period of time beginning around 2012. Considering the overall length of time on the calendar what is plus or minus 5-10 or even more years. Personally I still believe the calendar has meaning and the time period does also.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
It almost seems like we are on a precipice. There is enough evidence now that people are being forced to make a decision, to continue believing the lies of mainstream or start tearing down the previously built theories of their own reality. I find there are a lot of people that just choose the comforting lies instead of reality.

So the easiest way to continue down the path if ignorance is to simply stop looking. They can continue to tune into mainstream which confirms their bias. I wonder as to the quality, originality and uniqueness of those that are checking out? Maybe this is exactly what is needed, to increase the signal to noise ratio where the people who are left, truly want to change things instead of gaining simple entertainment.

Maybe this will be for the better (outside of site revenues) and in the end, will be the main forum of change to bring us together so we can start tackling the important issues.

I for one, chose to deny ignorance, as the motto of this site is and what it's all about. I always question everthing.

I think you are right.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
I totally went the "other way" with the premise of the thread.
Much like "follow the money" in politics, with high strangeness it's more like "follow the sunspots". This will be circumstantial at best, but hey, it's a slow news day.

Page 5 of the link gives two nifty charts that clearly show increased sunspot activity that correspond to decades of some of the highest strangeness most of us are familiar with. From mysterious places, ghostly activity and UFO's. Currently we're in a sunspot "lull" so things are winding down before ramping up again.

To be clear this is TOTALLY circumstantial, just a hunch, but why not?
arxiv.org...

To address the point previously made issue that we've discovered a number of answers, well it's more like we've sorted the wheat from the chaff in exposing charlatans & frauds plus disinformation agents. Dunno that we've satisfactorily answered things, but we do know now who's full of it.

I agree, alot of truths were discovered as were frauds.

Great article about the solar cycle, btw. Thanks for sharing that.

As for me, I think I will continue with my research and sharing on here, even if it's not popular our gets a alot of flags and stars. That should be done away with anyways.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

As long as you don't care personally about the stars and flags, they can be really useful. Watch the patterns of what gets the stars and flags. What type of subjects and from what posters. Is there a herd mentality here? Do certain members shoot sunshine out of their A## and no mater what they say, get loads of approval? Why?

Does it look like in early morning, there are more liberals (based on subject matter and what stars are given out). Do the conservative ideologies get more support in the afternoon and night?

I wouldn't do away with the stars & flags. As long as you detach ego from them, they can be really useful for searching this reality.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

As long as you don't care personally about the stars and flags, they can be really useful. Watch the patterns of what gets the stars and flags. What type of subjects and from what posters. Is there a herd mentality here? Do certain members shoot sunshine out of their A## and no mater what they say, get loads of approval? Why?

Does it look like in early morning, there are more liberals (based on subject matter and what stars are given out). Do the conservative ideologies get more support in the afternoon and night?

I wouldn't do away with the stars & flags. As long as you detach ego from them, they can be really useful for searching this reality.

I have really been on here since 2011 and was a star and flag whore. I find it funny how the mods deal out applause.

I have always seen alot of favoritism on this site, just as well as others.

Reincarnated many time, I really don't care anymore.

I just like to read , research and share. If you like it, fine, if not, fine.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I had no problem with your OP.
But without much activity in new weirdness it stands to reason activity on websites is bound to decrease. Plus people who originally started amazing websites 10-15 years ago are less involved or quitting altogether for personal reasons. I can't count the number of site domains that have done dark that aren't even archived in the Wayback Machine, that would be invaluable today to help younger generations understand the background and history of some subjects!!!

Today it's all flash in the pan video's and being stuck listening to podcasts by folks with no earthly idea of all the valuable research that's previously been done. Now while this doesn't apply to conspiracy topics since documentation of those is still floating around, it certainly does apply to some of the more fringe area's of high strangeness.

Still, until things pick up I'm not surprised we're in a "lull".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join