It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anne Hathaway attacks 'white privilege' after death of black teenager in California

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I must admit I have no idea what Ann wants white people to do. Of course everyone no matter their color thinks this is a senseless crime and everyone fears being murdered by a mentally ill person (no matter their color).

This type of glad handing is disgusting, yes Ann you care more than I. Winner Ann.

Hathaway wrote on Instagram: “[Wilson’s death] is unspeakable and must not be met with silence … She was a black woman and she was murdered in cold blood by a white man.

“White people – including me, including you – must take into the marrow of our privileged bones the truth that all black people fear for their lives daily in America and have done so for generations.

“We must ask our (white)selves - how ‘decent’ are we really? Not in our intent, but in our actions? In our lack of action?”
www.theguardian.com...

Am I missing something?

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
She fails to add how many whites have been killed by blacks... or how many black people have killed other blacks.

I would safely say that in certain areas of the US, many blacks are more afraid of other blacks , when it comes to fearing for their lives.

Another hollywood celeb who doesn’t have a pulse on the real situations of her country. I swear, they just keep getting dumber.
edit on 27-7-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: atsgrounded
I must admit I have no idea what Ann wants white people to do. Of course everyone no matter their color thinks this is a senseless crime and everyone fears being murdered by a mentally ill person (no matter their color).

This type of glad handing is disgusting, yes Ann you care more than I. Winner Ann.

Hathaway wrote on Instagram: “[Wilson’s death] is unspeakable and must not be met with silence … She was a black woman and she was murdered in cold blood by a white man.

“White people – including me, including you – must take into the marrow of our privileged bones the truth that all black people fear for their lives daily in America and have done so for generations.

“We must ask our (white)selves - how ‘decent’ are we really? Not in our intent, but in our actions? In our lack of action?”
www.theguardian.com...

Am I missing something?

I guess she didn't grow up in my neighborhood, where I carried a boot knife and keys in hand wherever I went. Where is her opining for me fearing for my life growing up white in a predominantly black and Spanish neighborhood?

The color of one's skin should be irrelevant, regardless of that color!

edit on 7/27/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: atsgrounded

From the mayor:

"The mayor of Oakland, Libby Schaaf, said: “The fact that [the] victims were both young African American women stirs deep pain and palpable fear in all of us who acknowledge the reality that our country still suffers from a tragic and deeply racist history.”"

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

"A family statement released to KRON-TV says Cowell was diagnosed as bi-polar and schizophrenic and was released in May from a state mental hospital.

The family says Cowell has been in and out of jail and was living on the streets without proper treatment."

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Ann needs to give the uncaring folks that she so confidently labels as "white" marching orders. These orders will help "whites" meet her standards to show "actions" to ensure the "whites" care.
Ann seems to be stuck on race, and wants to pin the murder that one white guy allegedly did on all whites.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

From the mayor:

"The mayor of Oakland, Libby Schaaf, said: “The fact that [the] victims were both young African American women stirs deep pain and palpable fear in all of us who acknowledge the reality that our country still suffers from a tragic and deeply racist history.”"

And so to combat that history, they decide to swing the pendulum the other way and instill racism towards whites. I see so much racism against whites these days, and it is constantly being promoted. Is this really the way to end racism against anyone ?

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Perhaps Ann should talk or tweet about the shambles of a mental health system the US has.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: atsgrounded
a reply to: dfnj2015

Perhaps Ann should talk or tweet about the shambles of a mental health system the US has.

Because that would not get her name in the press and further her "questionable" career.

#ImscaredTooAndImWhite

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

FBI statistics disprove Ann's airhead BS

ucr.fbi.gov...

And, this BS coming from Ann, the starlet that did not mind living off the money of her criminal boyfriend and serving on the board of his "foundation" for FOUR years until her con-man got caught and she then turned against him to save herself.
edit on 28-7-2018 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Ah another virtue signaling celebrity here to tell us all how WE have to change.

This is the very definition of the saying “the least I could do to help”

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   

White privilege is a myth. Everyone on this planet has obstacles that they must overcome to be successful. Nothing comes easy in the life. To say that white people are privilege today, is to the seed the oppression, unfairness and discrimination towards them, of tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   
What does this ivory tower dweller expect of ME?

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

"A family statement released to KRON-TV says Cowell was diagnosed as bi-polar and schizophrenic and was released in May from a state mental hospital.

The family says Cowell has been in and out of jail and was living on the streets without proper treatment."

So if this turned out to be the result of an episode, it wouldn't matter since now racism is back in the news.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   
All of the bigotry and racial divide in the country could completely end tomorrow and we would still have mental health issues, violence and crime. We would collectively find another reason to prejudge each other and eventually the unstable among us would lash out. We have no way of completely identifying individual threats before they do something awful. Even if we did what are we going to do lock people up on what they may do? And yes the mental healthcare in this country is severely lacking and is based way to much on quasi solutions delivered to us by big pharma.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   

When I see celebs including Anne kicking up a storm over a death of someone who isn't black (or person of colour, I just cant keep up with the changing labels) then I'll listen and respect what they have to say but while they are waffling on about racist this or whatever ism they want to touch just to try and get in on the debate I'll just scroll past their comments.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Another celebrity with a disjointed view of reality getting an air time, when they should not. She's probably never been on a bus in her life.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   

More whites have been killed by blacks in recent years, than vice versa.

But yes we get it, you are a white person who has had a good life, and feel guilty about it, so all the rest of us white people need to pay up or make some kind of a gesture so that you can sleep nice and cozy at night in your mansion. Yeah, excuse me while I get right on that for you, Ann!
edit on 7/28/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/28/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Am I missing something?

Yes, you are. You are missing the # storm that occurred when a local news station chose to use a picture of the victim posing with a gun. People took it as an attempt to portray the victim as a violent person, "just another violent black person killed violently." like she might have deserved it.

Oakland station slammed for using gun photo of slain Black teen www.dailydot.com...

Many have bashed the station for depicting Wilson, the victim of a murder, in a way that characterizes her as a troublemaker or a criminal, contributing to the narrative that Black people who are victims of violence are “deserving” of violence, or “contributing” to the violence against themselves.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Violence in any society is not something to be proud of, regardless of genetic disposition.

But for a Privileged, rich, "Actress" to give pity to the not so privileged...as in anyone not in Hollywood, is a bit rich....

Perhaps Anne should take a leaf out of the Karcrashian family, and make sure all the "White" girls are inseminated by African Warriors......make more of them coffee coloured babies, like Brazil....yeah, Make USA into Brazil, that may keep everyone happy.

Or perhaps she could adopt a few Black African kids (not the Albinos tho with no arms), from the Hood, or the dark jungles, like Sandra Bullock, Angeoli Geolie or whatever, Madonna, even Nicole Cruise/Kidman/Urban, and the other white rich actresses with black kids.

Because we all know, America needs more African kids, with Privilege....until they grow up and wonder who the hell they are.....

#RichWhiteGirlWantBlackDude

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join