It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anne Hathaway attacks 'white privilege' after death of black teenager in California

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: CliffoCambridge
a reply to: atsgrounded

White privilege is a myth. Everyone on this planet has obstacles that they must overcome to be successful. Nothing comes easy in the life. To say that white people are privilege today, is to the seed the oppression, unfairness and discrimination towards them, of tomorrow.

A bunch of guys in my school got got girlfriends because they were black, they parlayed the "black coolness" that pop culture bestowed upon them and used it to their advantage, some white guys got nice jobs, got out of trouble because they parlayed their ability to have exceptional manners and English speaking, a lot of girls got away with a lot and got out of trouble by pouting, fake crying, etc, they parlayed societies perception of females into a get out of jail free card, the disabled kid discovered he could touch boobs and butts and get away with it, the boy with the British accent was very persuasive because of the American perception that British people are all very smart, the boy from Africa used to scare his wrestling opponents saying crazy things with his accent and spreading rumors that he fought a tiger with his bare hands, no black kid was ever bullied in my school, they had a lot of friends too because nobody would bully or fight you if you were hanging around with a black kid. It was just assumed that they all knew how to fight and had no problem kicking some ass at a moment's notice. They used this to Avoid fights.

My point is, as Odysseus said to Achilles in the great movie (I hear there's also a book about
it 😉) called Troy (I don't know if this was a real quote from the Trojan Wars epic) after being scolded by Achilles for attempting to use his charisma and wit to persuade Achilles to join the Myceanean Fleet to Troy to retrieve Helen, Odysseus notes Achilles skill with weapons, he said, and I paraphrase:

"You have your sword, I have my words... We all play with the toys the gods give us."

Nobody should be faulted for making the best of their situation, so long as they didn't harm someone else in the process.

And I don't want to hear that I harmed some black person when I got a job somewhere! Unless you wanna say all the Black guys in my school were harming a white person by getting a girlfriend. Sexual frustration was never a part of their teen or young adult years, when a boy is chock full of hormones that will distract you and distract you until they have what they want....female pheromones to mingle with. Having a girlfriend makes a man more relaxed and life comes into focus more clearly and you can focus on your studies more easily. I lost my virginiry at 15 but I was 24 or 25 before I felt totally confident around women. And because blacks are Percieved as being experienced lovers, they Become experienced a lot sooner... But we are not allowed to talk about Any of the benefits of being black or any other color. No, we are supposed to believe that being anything except white is a constant struggle and there is nothing good about it what so ever, and we all need to step up and do everything we can to right this terrible sin that is on the white people's hands...

Non white people have to deal with existing. Existing is hard. And it's all our fault.

White People are the new "N Word"s.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Neo scratchs Catwoman off his watch list.

edit on 28-7-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CliffoCambridge

White privilege is a myth. Everyone on this planet has obstacles that they must overcome to be successful. Nothing comes easy in the life. To say that white people are privilege today, is to the seed the oppression, unfairness and discrimination towards them, of tomorrow.

The statement above actually epitomised what "white " privilege is and is not, this was explained in another thread by me..just days ago
I don't expect most here to respond positively to it
now as they did then..but I don't care.

Actually it have been explained numerous times, but detractors and deflectors find ways to side step the issue and go off on a tangent without actually listening or read what was said. 
But in short.. "White Privilege" are a set of positive assumptions about white ppl when viewed against that of others especially black ppl.in the negative. 

It doesn't mean all white folks got it made, or that they were gifted everything they had without struggle or hard work. 
It means on average, a white person can go anywhere and do anything they damn well please, without drawing negative Suspicion to themselves. 

Ex: it assumes on "average", that all white ppl belonged to that upscale gated community. 
 Don't call the police. 

Conversely It assumes black ppl on average does not...hence , I.d check required by random white ppl. 
Call the police. 

It assumes a black female napping in the common RM on an ivy league campus does not belonged there. 
Call the police. 

It assumes a Black first class passenger waiting in the fast track line, didn't belong there or was in fact a military personal, flying 1st class on Uncle Sam's dime to a tropical retreat , and the young white lady with her cohorts deserved to skipped ahead of him. 
It never occurred to her that the rather obese gentleman was non military And ticket was not an upgrade, but was in fact a music executive, with fk-u money. 

It assumes driving a nice ride, that is probably stolen. If you are black. 
 Stopped by the police. 

It assumes the police and other LEO is there to protect "U" against the them! and your word should be taken as gospel and theirs suspect.

Again not to say white ppl don't have bad sht happened to them. 

As to what Anne Hathaway had to say ...meh!!
But it is also of interest that some are now claiming he had mental problems instead of being about that thug life generally applied to Blk ppl who do similar sht.
edit on 28-7-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
Violence in any society is not something to be proud of, regardless of genetic disposition.

Ummm...I'll address the only salient part of your post...

Humans are a very violent and territorial species...and pride doesn't factor into a discussion of human nature...

We are the apex predator on the planet...and we channel avenue's of violent display and aggression into sport and into acquisition through war and conflict...

Once we accept our natures as...natural...then we can begin to have an honest conversation as to why these seemingly senseless acts of aggression occur...

Perhaps the conversation should center around how suppression of natural tendencies by societies...increase the mental instability of individuals and groupings of individuals...
We are not so much herd animals as we are pack animals...nevertheless...we are certainly animals who have neither risen above their natures...or stepped beyond basic traits of pack and nature display...

All very obvious if one chooses to observe human interaction...without prejudice...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Some have claimed the attack was racially motivated, because Cowell is white, though the BART police and the Alameda County District Attorney's Office have said they don't have evidence to back up that claim. Cowell's family released a statement that said he had been struggling with mental illness.

But Wilson's family members and others in the community feel the murder should be considered a hate crime, regardless of what caused the fatal stabbing.

Even the Police haven't uncovered evidence that the attack was racially motivated. But it's a hate crime because why?

Sounds more like a mentally ill guy with a knife.

It's sad, but with the evidence at hand you can't say she was attacked because of the color of her skin or the color of her murders skin.

Let the police do their work before we start cranking up the race hate angle.

Once again Social Media strikes. Got to be outraged even if the facts don't indicate it.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

FBI statistics disprove Ann's airhead BS

ucr.fbi.gov...

And, this BS coming from Ann, the starlet that did not mind living off the money of her criminal boyfriend and serving on the board of his "foundation" for FOUR years until her con-man got caught and she then turned against him to save herself.

Shhhhh, we're not supposed to remember that.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
If a celebrity gets on board a cause, you can 100% guarantee that it is just for pub for a new movie/book/song/cookbook or clothing line.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
If a celebrity gets on board a cause, you can 100% guarantee that it is just for pub for a new movie/book/song/cookbook or clothing line.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
And so to combat that history, they decide to swing the pendulum the other way and instill racism towards whites. I see so much racism against whites these days, and it is constantly being promoted. Is this really the way to end racism against anyone ?

Even though I absolutely hate it when people do this, I feel in this case it is warranted:

" ^^^ This! This right here!!! ^^^ "

I am getting extremely sick and tired of all this reverse racism being spread around social media, as well as certain cities in our country. I word it that way because thankfully I don't see it around where I actually live, which is odd, because people here don't seem to be that "sane".

I grew up brown in a racist town, so I've dealt with the small-town version of racism. Even having gone through all of that, I understand that if you want to stop racism, you don't do that by being just as bad, if not worse, than how they supposedly treat you. You especially don't do it to people who've never been racist, all because they like your culture, or want to be your friend.

I don't visit my favorite video game website anymore, Kotaku, because they constantly advertise racist articles from their sister site, The Root. That's where I first read about this incident, and everyone there claims it's because of racism. From what I recall reading, there were absolutely no signs that it was race-related, but you'll never convince them otherwise. Why?? Because of their parents.

Just because America has a history of racism doesn't mean we're not doing MUCH better than we ever have. Yes, there are things that still need adjusting, but we are progressing. I've seen it in my short 39 years on this planet. Unfortunately, though, since the race card is a strong tool to use, many people teach their children that every thing that happens to them is because of their skin color. It even happens in my family.

This guy is bjorked in the head, and he happened to brutally attack these poor women. I could be wrong, but I don't think it was because they were black. They were pretty, so for all we know that's what drew his attention. It also could be as simple as being in the wrong place, at the wrong time. People who are severely wrong in the head don't really need a reason other than they just wanted to. From how they describe his behavior, I think it's just the latter.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

There is a fair amount of racism from every color forced onto every other color. If you have not been harassed-beat-spit at or singled out because of your color you are very very lucky.
To assign a universal trait to one color of people based on the color of their skin is the definition of racism. And what you describe (below) is racism-congrats.

It doesn't mean all white folks got it made, or that they were gifted everything they had without struggle or hard work.
It means on average, a white person can go anywhere and do anything they damn well please, without drawing negative Suspicion to themselves.

Ex: it assumes on "average", that all white ppl belonged to that upscale gated community.
Don't call the police.

Conversely It assumes black ppl on average does not...hence , I.d check required by random white ppl.
Call the police.

It assumes a black female napping in the common RM on an ivy league campus does not belonged there.
Call the police.

It assumes a Black first class passenger waiting in the fast track line, didn't belong there or was in fact a military personal, flying 1st class on Uncle Sam's dime to a tropical retreat , and the young white lady with her cohorts deserved to skipped ahead of him.
It never occurred to her that the rather obese gentleman was non military And ticket was not an upgrade, but was in fact a music executive, with fk-u money.

It assumes driving a nice ride, that is probably stolen. If you are black.
Stopped by the police.

It assumes the police and other LEO is there to protect "U" against the them! and your word should be taken as gospel and theirs suspect.

Again not to say white ppl don't have bad sht happened to them.

edit on 28-7-2018 by atsgrounded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

But the thing is, many of those folks don't consciously consider their thought process as racist they in truth not even a where of it, and this include the thought process of many blacks themselves as we are prone to the same assumptions.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
(star)

That is because "their" thought process arn't racist. Most people are pretty even handed and not racist.

If I understand your comment, you are judging inner thoughts/processes as racist. Yes?...... How do you know what someone's thoughts/processes are?

My contention is that when you say everyone of a certain race has this trait or quirk (privilege) because of their skin color it is the very definition of racism. The comments you made are indeed a form of racism (wish there was an easier way to say that).

An example of how "White privilege" could be such a thing would be a universal gift of $10,000,000 being bestrode on only white babies at birth. And it is a law that it has to occur, and no other babies would enjoy such a gift. Then it would be a universal truth that white babies universally have an advantage or a privilege.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

The only way "White privilege" was to be a thing would be a universal gift of $10,000,000 being bestrode on only white babies at birth. And it is a law that it has to occur, and no other babies would enjoy such a gift. Then it would be a universal truth that white babies universally have an advantage or a privilege.

No no no!! again, it's not about the amount of wealth accumulated, but a system that sought to devalue others by virtue of negative assumptions not applied across the board, this is longstanding and undeniable, like I said it affects a lot of Blk folks too, if certain facts are not confirmed by "white" voices then such truth or truthiness is suspect... with the possible exception of a voice like Neil deGrasse ..
edit on 28-7-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Wealth was an easy example-would you agree that if the $$ was given to only white babies then it would indeed be a for real, tangible example of privilege?

Funny how you say it effects black folks to, but it is called "white privilege".

What system should we go to, and how do we get there?

Should there be penalties for negative assumptions that are in someones head?

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Funny how you say it effects black folks to, but it is called "white privilege". 

Yes because it permeates American culture in general , a lot of Black folks and others internalized such mind view...let me repeat, white privilege is a set of assumptions that gave general white folks the benefits of doubts on most situations while holding the opposite until proven otherwise for especially but not limited to Blk folks.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I knew she was a vapid moron, but this just adds data to the theory.

White privilege assumes minority failure for the very same reasons. This is as ugly as collectivism gets.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   
#BoycottAnnHathawayandotherSuckasseslikeher!

The ignorance coming out of Hollyweird .. makes me go eye blind nose blind and human blind, in sync. The only reason she's doing this is to appease whatever douche bag is telling her to so she gets another big movie hit. The brainwashing of Celebs never worked better. I know some and they ain't like her!

edit on 29-7-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Talk about loose butthole.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I agree. Loose buttholes always have friends to back up their buttholes.

Pathetic ain't it?

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Doth she hath a way?

Verily, I noticed not.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join