It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is this? old new? it's front page Drudge right now,the sky turns black in rural Russia.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
black sky in the day in Russia

An area bigger than the British isles was plunged into darkness for several hours on Friday - sparking rumours of a meteorite or apocalyptic weapon test
And there are claims the terrifying phenomenon could have been the caused by the dust from a meteorite strike or the test of an apocalyptic weapon.

Other explanations for mystified locals are a UFO, an unreported eclipse, the "work of the devil", or smoke from unidentified wildfires.

Moscow’s defence and meteorological officials have failed to comment on the cloud — which hit three vast mainly Arctic districts in Yakutia region.

There were no reports of meteorites, eclipses or weapons tests - let alone sightings of alien spacecrafts.

is this recycled from somewhere or legitimately new,the only sources are Drudge and the site it links back to.spooky if it pans out real.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: modified device

Moscow’s defence and meteorological officials have failed to comment on the cloud — which hit three vast mainly Arctic districts in Yakutia region.

It's probably due to the massive artic wildfires.

The Copernicus Earth observation programme, which gives daily updates of fires in Europe, shows more than 60 fires burning across Sweden, with sites also ablaze in Norway, Finland and Russia, including in the Arctic Circle.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

So, what was behind this mysterious dirty eclipse? While one local blamed the incident on "devilry," there is a likelier culprit: the multiple forest fires burning around Yakutia and elsewhere in Siberia, The Siberian Times reported.
As NASA's Earth Observatory reminds us, it's wildfire season in Siberia, and hundreds of fires have already burned tens of thousands of acres of forest since May. While most of these fires are hundreds of miles away from the dust-eclipsed towns in question, smoke and aerosols released by some of these fires have been tracked halfway around the world.

Mysterious Substance and 'Devilry' Blamed for 3-Hour 'Solar Eclipse' in Russia

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Drudge sends out the illuminati Code when needed.
It is cryptic, but it is a signal that things are now in "action". It's more of a confirmation.

I remember right before 9/11, there was an unusually large amount of shark attack stories on Drudge Report.
A lot of Great White Attacks on The East Coast type articles.
Now, when I see him run his shark attack stories, I feel like something has been triggered and is now "in play".

I know, this kind of thing belongs on a conspiracy site or something, but it's something that I've always paid attention to after picking up on it.

This Dark Skys In Russia is a perfect example. He had to get the code out, but was limited in his collection of raw material.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Could be smoke from a distant unknown forest fire Russia has vast wildernesses. It be volcano ash though an eruption unnoticed is unlikely and I don’t even know if there is a volcano near enough.

Could it be just a big ol’ dust storm?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Interesting.
I have access to daily satellite imagery updated 3 times a day.
When I get in the office tomorrow I’ll check the area and reply

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

edit on 24-7-2018 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Are they testing Tesla's death ray again ?
Re : Tunguska....

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
This looks exactly like artic wildfires. We had these up in Alaska, hundreds of miles away, which blotted out the sun for three days...very spooky, but not a big deal...

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
For Pete's sake, thats'a dark.....

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Could it be smoke from the Greece fires?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TurbineJet

You should check out a globe sometime

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

It's from Putin running their computers, which run on coal, on full steam meddling with elections, trolling the world, etc. 😊

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   

It lasted like 4 hours in Siberia in the artic circle which sun shines 24 hrs a day,was more of a red color as well,then it was back to normal,can't blame any fires or natural disaster,lot's of things going on in space we are not being made aware of

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   
There are not many sources to this story, however one of the sources is Siberian Times which has run two stories:

On July 21:
siberiantimes.com...

On July 24:
siberiantimes.com...

Neither of the articles has a named author.

The Siberian times is according to www.crunchbase.com...-overview

an independent web-based resource that shares news, features, and opinions from Siberia. The web portal updates information in English, along with pictures from across Siberia’s six time zones. Its business section reports on people and property, science and sport, wildlife and weather, and more. It also offers travel guides and features advertisements. The Siberian Times is produced by a team of Russian journalists and researchers, with assistance from western journalists who know Siberia. The Siberian Times was launched in 2012 and its operations are based in Siberia, Russia.

It is not possible to see when the link to The Sun article dated July 24 was published on Drudge report:
www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   

It's likely from fires. They will do just that, especially at long distances from the fire itself where the smoke has time to fully disperse.

When I was working over in Malaysia the fires down in Indonesia (from slash & burn agriculture practices) were so bad the State Department evacuated all 'non-essential' personnel from all of peninsular Malaysia. Of course, we didn't qualify so we had to stay. It would be so dark at noon you had to drive with your lights on. Went on like this for weeks, day after day. Those fires were over 1,000 miles away.

Yellowstone fires up in Wyoming were the same way. Almost pitch dark at noon.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Might have something to do with the multiple wildfires currently raging in Siberia.
Or devilry

top topics

join