It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying To Understand Portals

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
O.K., well, I'm not exactly the "science" guy. But here's my issue.

And how cool is this! I followed the Forum guidelines and used Google to investigate on my own and found no less than a previous ATS thread! (2007). www.abovetopsecret.com...

So the question addressed there was "Is Stonehenge a Star Gate". From that we find speculation about ley lines and Stonehenge being a "Stargate", which would essentially operate as a portal through space/time to another location in space/time. Or maybe just from one point in space to another point in space billions of light years away but at the same time. So I wanted to better understand "Portals". I found:
www.answers.com...

What are portals? Portals are inter-dimensional gates in which one can travel immediately between them. Example, you go in one and come out of the other.

Great, now we're talking "Inter-Dimensional". But wait, there's more:

What do portals do? Portals may serve a variety of purposes, depending on the world/series/game in which they exist. Often portals are used to travel quickly from one world/place to another. Sometimes portals also enable time travel.

Yea, I get it, the guy is somewhat trying to be funny.

Here's my issue. The earth in the solar system is at the edge of the Milky Way Galaxy which looks like a giant pin wheel flying through space. There's clusters of stars and there seems to me more clusters nearer the center of the Galaxy which would seem to indicate that its highly more likely that sentient life would be found nearer the center of the Galaxy.

The UFO question: without either Warp Drive or the ability to create and open portals to other portals billions of light years away or to be able to take advantage of naturally occurring portals created by black holes, which theoretically end up billions of light years away, there's no way someone from nearer the center of the Galaxy can fly a space craft out to the boonies where the Earth is in anything resembling "real time".

So now I recently heard a theory that there are naturally occurring "portals" on earth and under the oceans that the UFO's access to travel to the earth. Another theory is that that the "Aliens" create and maintain their own "Portals" via worm holes and that therefore at places like the mountain at Eceti Ranch, which appears to have a hole in it at the top from which UFO's are seen flying into and out of.

But here's my problem............if Portals, natural or otherwise exist as simply gate ways to travel across space, what do people mean when they talk about Inter-Dimensional Portals or Gateways? We are 3 Dimensional; the UFO's appear to be 3 Dimensional. So does that mean the UFO's enter a portal into say, the 5th Dimension and exit the 5th Dimension at another point in space billions of light years away?

That doesn't seem possible to me. It strikes me that a 3rd Dimensional "person" or "ET" might enter a 5th Dimensional existence, but couldn't even see it. A "stick figure" guy on a sheet of paper is entirely 2 Dimensional..........he couldn't eve see 3 Dimensional entities and if he exists in a 3 Dimensional reality, he would never know it. He can't "experience" it and entering it wouldn't necessarily take him anywhere.

So........are these Portals having to do only with crossing vast amounts of space by warping space or are they "Dimensional" and if so, why would that even work?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Plausibility in the absence of proof is nothing more than imagination. Carl Sagan gave us the flatlander example. Speculating on what or who might occupy other dimensions seems moot... how do you measure your findings?

Since by default we are not even aware who or what they are.
edit on 23-7-2018 by Plotus because: burp

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Perhaps there only exists one dimension and infinite timelines
I do no believe the flatland movie could take place in reality.
And portals could be real, perhaps "they" do not use portals but some kind of instant teleportation.
Only guess work.. its hard to for a caveman to imagine a rocket ship or even a zippo
edit on 23-7-2018 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
But here's my problem............if Portals, natural or otherwise exist as simply gate ways to travel across space, what do people mean when they talk about Inter-Dimensional Portals or Gateways? We are 3 Dimensional; the UFO's appear to be 3 Dimensional. So does that mean the UFO's enter a portal into say, the 5th Dimension and exit the 5th Dimension at another point in space billions of light years away?

That doesn't seem possible to me. It strikes me that a 3rd Dimensional "person" or "ET" might enter a 5th Dimensional existence, but couldn't even see it. A "stick figure" guy on a sheet of paper is entirely 2 Dimensional..........he couldn't eve see 3 Dimensional entities and if he exists in a 3 Dimensional reality, he would never know it. He can't "experience" it and entering it wouldn't necessarily take him anywhere.

It's a theoretical construct which, right now, is not backed up by any scientific evidence. We use it in science fiction and also in an attempt to explain events we think need explaining, such as UFO "instantaneous" travel. It's a convenient way to get around the issue of Faster than Light Travel, which, RIGHT NOW, is deemed impossible. That does not mean it really is impossible, but I think it is fair to say we do not yet have the theoretical infrastructure to explain how such a thing would work. In other words, we don't know if or how Warp Drive works, but we'd like it to. We need another Einstein to show us how this could be.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

You mean to say you haven't read this?

"Stargates are real"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Since they are - as far as we know - only the stuff of science fiction, the details of what they are and how they work can be anything you want them to be.

I'm not trying to be flippant; all I mean is that since nobody knows what a dimensional/time/space-time portal is, then there is no way for anyone to describe to you how they work. You're free to hypothesize any which way you want about their workings.

edit on 2018/7/23 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Sure , if the folks were capable of producing the sum amount of energy the universe has generated since the big bang. At one tiny little spot.
Not to mention the ability to control infinite energy and focus it.
In other words - portals make for some good sci-fi. Don't work that way in reality.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Sure , if the folks were capable of producing the sum amount of energy the universe has generated since the big bang. At one tiny little spot. Not to mention the ability to control infinite energy and focus it. In other words - portals make for some good sci-fi. Don't work that way in reality.

In reality as we understand it. You've described our current understanding just fine, which suggests FTL travel would require infinite mass and infinite energy. That current idea has withstood a lot of scrutiny, but it MAY not be the entire picture. It's just like Newtonian Mechanics. Nothing wrong with it, but it turns out Quantum Mechanics is a more inclusive account of reality than Newtonian Mechanics is. If we look at our current understanding of FTL and just stop, then that is reminiscent of the patent clerk who quit in 1900 because there was nothing left to invent. Wormholes and portals are ideas that may point us a way around these limits. I do not think we've got the nature of reality down so it behooves us to continue to explore the possibilities rather than close ourselves off to them.
edit on 7/23/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

FTL travel would require infinite mass and infinite energy.

Just infinite energy
The infinite mass comes in @ 99% light speed
The one reason that one needs infinite energy . To push infinite mass.
Which , neither has anything to do with portals.
Nor , the speed of light other than having to create a self-sustaining black hole and spinnin that baby up to light speed in hopes this would create a portal (wormhole)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

FTL travel would require infinite mass and infinite energy.

Just infinite energy
The infinite mass comes in @ 99% light speed
The one reason that one needs infinite energy . To push infinite mass.
Which , neither has anything to do with portals.
Nor , the speed of light other than having to create a self-sustaining black hole and spinnin that baby up to light speed in hopes this would create a portal (wormhole)

The increasing mass view is avoided nowadays as it can lead to confusion. Motion is relative and the actual (rest) mass doesn't change.

Now the motion and thus energy has an effect on gravity. But it is different from the gravity due to (rest) mass.

A somewhat working analogy would be comparing a moving mass to a moving charge. When you observe a moving charge you will see a magnetic field. When you observe a moving mass you will see something that might be called a gravitomagnetic field. For gravity this effect is called frame-dragging.

A black hole is a particular solution of GR which you can not apply in this case. This means the object approaching speed of light won't become a black hole.

I am not sure if anyone actually calculated how the gravitational field would look like for an object approaching speed of light.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Stone Henge along with all other monolithic stone circles are navigation markers (nodes) for all other versions of this world that are running parallel to ours.

This is why UFO's vanish and appear out of nowhere. They jump from this world at Point A to a parallel Earth. There they fly to Point B and reappear back here on the real Earth.

In a Video
Stonehenge Summer Solstice 2017, many people video lights close by fading in and out.

In some of the other worlds the matrix grid in the sky is blue lines. The ley-lines are jagged red lines along the ground and all stone circles have vertical yellow lines.

Below is an example of Merry Maidens, St Buryan, Penzance, UK in the angel prison Tartarus.

When negative entities guard the navigation nodes the grass dies inside the circle on our side.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

They would be stable Einstein Rossenbridges or wormholes, purely hypothetical ideas, however, they're not prohibited by nature and we have created equations describing such which are mathematically consistent.

The inside of these "Portals" would probably require negative mass through, which we don't know for certain is theoretically possible, hence we don't know for certain if matter with negative mass is physically possible.

If it's possible for natural occurring wormholes to form they would seem to require extreme conditions, typically either during a stars collapse into a black hole, or microscopic primordial ones formed immediately after the big bang.

edit on 24-7-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

except mass doesn't go to infinity... seems like you never read or bothered to understand previous statements made in regard to velocity and GR

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Thats very interesting.
Thanks!

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

One of the facts that caused my interest in this topic is why are there so many henges throughout the UK and Ireland and France. The only commonality I can percieve is that the original inhabitants were Celts.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

What did the Celts know the rest of the world didn't. Or are there henges in other parts of the world I am not familiar with?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

For some reason, dimensional and alternate reality/ universe are terms that have ended up interchangeable- probably stolen off of the Twilight Zone. Here's an example of what I mean:

www.imdb.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

There calenders of a sort.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

Yea, I see what you mean.

I honestly don't buy into the idea that these are "inter-dimensional". Not sure what they are but that seems to be the least likely.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

For some reason, dimensional and alternate reality/ universe are terms that have ended up interchangeable- probably stolen off of the Twilight Zone. Here's an example of what I mean:

What you have cited is science fiction. It's creative writing. Writers fling terms like "5th dimension" around as if they know what they are talking about when there is absolutely nothing to support the idea. We have no scientific infrastructure to back that up. Indeed, our understanding today is that it cannot be done, that the structure of reality is such that it is impossible. Evidence for such a thing is anecdotal at best using observations that themselves are unproven. It's jumping to conclusions. It may be that there is such a thing and that it is explainable, but we have not stumbled on an explanation yet, and until we do it must remain in the realm of speculation. So what you get are two points of view:

1. Rampant speculation and belief that places like Stonehenge are portals without ANY proof AT ALL or proof that amounts to religious mumbo jumbo.

2. People who understand the current limitations and explain parts of it, then wash their hands of the entire idea as impossible and refuse to consider it further, thinking themselves sufficiently enlightened.

Both these are extremes and really too bad because patient exploration prodding the edges of our understanding is not encouraged. What we need is another Einstein who would be capable of saying, "You guys are idiots. This is how it works, and here is the math to prove it." But the fact is we're not there yet. We may never get there, and you're just going to have to accept the fact that an explanation that fits your needs and expectations may not be forthcoming.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Both these are extremes and really too bad because patient exploration prodding the edges of our understanding is not encouraged.

When the edges come and prod one as well- one gets labeled as a loonie and dismissed. If I had the resources, I'd go do the exploring in my own time, make notes, and they can be had when I'm dead.
Or, find a real one, pop thru...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join