It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Trump The Toughest Ever On Russia?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Trump. It's his MO. Whatever he does he's the best at. According to him. Toughest on Russia? Well I can think of about 6 presidents tougher starting with Eisenhower.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

"There's never been a president as tough on Russia as I have been," Trump told reporters on Wednesday.

We all know the President exaggerates a lot .... I mean a lot.

So is he right or is he exaggerating again on this one?

According to NPR news and their guest Daniel Vajdich this particular time Trump is telling the truth.

That might sound like hyperbole, but in this case, there's actually some basis for the president's boast.

"When you actually look at the substance of what this administration has done, not the rhetoric but the substance, this administration has been much tougher on Russia than any in the post-Cold War era," said Daniel Vajdich, senior fellow at the Atlantic Council.

But there is a bit of a caveat NPR is quick to tell us.

Whatever tough policies the White House may have adopted toward Moscow also have to be weighed against Trump's rhetoric, which is consistently friendly to Putin. 

I was always thought that actions speak louder than words; but apparently when it comes to diplomacy actions and words have a more equal status.

So there you have it; Trump has been tough(est) on Russia; yet is friendly with Vladimir Putin....

Kinda makes you wonder why Putin is friendly with Trump in return? Especially if Trump's administration has been much tougher on Russia than any in the post-Cold War era...

Maybe we all have this backwards. Maybe its Trump who's the puppet master not Putin.

www.npr.org...

No... The weakest, most threatening dewfuss that's clueless to threats against us historically.

The Russians are laughing their butts off at him... Court jester becomes king. Great.... and the world laughs with them.

They are just waiting till he falls...

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

"There's never been a president as tough on Russia as I have been," Trump told reporters on Wednesday.

According to NPR news and their guest Daniel Vajdich this particular time Trump is telling the truth.

That might sound like hyperbole, but in this case, there's actually some basis for the president's boast.

"When you actually look at the substance of what this administration has done, not the rhetoric but the substance, this administration has been much tougher on Russia than any in the post-Cold War era," said Daniel Vajdich, senior fellow at the Atlantic Council.

Whatever tough policies the White House may have adopted toward Moscow also have to be weighed against Trump's rhetoric, which is consistently friendly to Putin. 

I was always thought that actions speak louder than words; but apparently when it comes to diplomacy actions and words have a more equal status.

So there you have it; Trump has been tough(est) on Russia; yet is friendly with Vladimir Putin....

Kinda makes you wonder why Putin is friendly with Trump in return? Especially if Trump's administration has been much tougher on Russia than any in the post-Cold War era...

Maybe we all have this backwards. Maybe its Trump who's the puppet master not Putin.

www.npr.org...

No... The weakest, most threatening dewfuss that's clueless to threats against us historically.

The Russians are laughing their butts off at him... Court jester becomes king. Great.... and the world laughs with them.

Why does NPR report differently?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Trump. It's his MO. Whatever he does he's the best at. According to him. Toughest on Russia? Well I can think of about 6 presidents tougher starting with Eisenhower.

Are those 6 people all before the cold war ended? NPR and their experts only ranked post Cold War presidents.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid
Our military physically killed Russians in Syria with a prolonged bombardment which also took out scores of Syrian troops and iranian volunteers back in February.
Is that not being tough on Russia??? I would say the closest thing they did in retaliation was finish dumping their US foreign reserve securities.

Yawn. Call me when the Russians frow a pair to bomb us back. Do you guys even realize the weekly drone attacks against the Russian base in Latakia are becoming more frequent, more sophisticated, and continue to utilize more advanced technology than prior?? These attacks have managed to score a handful of casualties as well. I wonder who keeps providing those militants with advancing ucav capabilities that can be replenished and sustained from week to week??

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

www.npr.org...

Why does NPR report differently?

Trump says so. It's all "fake news" remember?

Ever since he told us...I don't believe any of it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join