It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I mad for wanting the Roman Empire to come back?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

What makes you think we ain’t living the modern version of it? Talk about bread and circuses

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Please enlighten me in how we survive without bees for pollination? Drones? What’re you buzzing on about here?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SummerRain

It’s not “for no reason at all”.... smh

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Yes you are. History is often foolishly glorified. Romans tortured and enslaved many people. We live in the best time in history, even though the world is still full of human trafficking, wars, torture, idiotic politics, etc...

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

wow you honestly think that this is the best time in history?

i am jealous.

i think that this world does not let you do anything, unless of course you can just throw piles of cash at any and all obstacles one might have.

.. i would like to take my chances in an end of the world type situation, would at least be entertaining.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

Please enlighten me in how we survive without bees for pollination? Drones? What’re you buzzing on about here?

He said honey bees.

Which are not even native to North America yet things got pollinated just fine without them.

For the record, there are several plant/fruit species that don't rely on bees for pollination at all.

Reading skills are good!!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Which one?

Early, noble, barbaric mud hut and reeds, Republic of Rome?

Middle, arrogant, conquered slave peoples and pilfered materials from all over the world making the great white city of marble, Empire of Rome?

Or late, pittiful, rotten from the inside and empty of all power beyond illusions in a new world they are not even contenders in? Catholic Rome?

I would like to see the republic before Caesar. Simple and true. Roma Victor!

edit on 7 21 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
History repeats. This is the Roman empire, Look around

It literally is - All you Westerners (Europeans/Brits) are the descendants of the Romans. Don't you see the Fasces hidden -

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Apparently it really does take a village----. Haven't you heard of Johnny Appleseed? Plus the American missionaries always brought all kinds of seeds to plant for the betterment of their native American flocks. Today we read of "Apple" detectives, scouring old homesteads looking for "extinct" varieties of apples and some other fruits. The Rev. Henry Harmon Spaulding, planted all manner of fruit trees, near his mission plots. The Nez Perce had never tasted a Peach, Pear, or Apricot, before this. And all of these flowering fruit trees need honey bees, in order to be pollinated.

Agri Chemical Co's. are exhibiting the most incredible stupidity, in taking chances of wiping out Butterflies, and Honey Bees.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I can't wait for that day!

The first think I'd do is take the Roman Emperor to court because I want compensation for how they enslaved and colonized my Germanic ancestors.

And anyone who dyes their hair blonde (who isn't a natural blonde) will be accused of cultural appropriation!

As a Germanic "noble savage" these things would trigger me, and we're not nice when we're triggered.

edit on 22-7-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
I can't wait for that day!

The first think I'd do is take the Roman Emperor to court because I want compensation for how they enslaved and colonized my Germanic ancestors.

And anyone who dyes their hair blonde (who isn't a natural blonde) will be accused of cultural appropriation!

As a Germanic "noble savage" these things would trigger me, and we're not nice when we're triggered.

That days when the Germanic tribes destroy Western Rome while the Huns destroy the Eastern Rome.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Vae victus.

Woe to the vanquished.

-Livy

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join