It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I mad for wanting the Roman Empire to come back?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

The funny thing is that I'm not even European. I just want this one large empire where everyone can gang up and pick it apart like the Huns. Screw civilization!

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
History repeats. This is the Roman empire, Look around

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Hope you don't get crucified!

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

You mean having a million being put to slaughter every decade'ish?

We already have the United States Empire and that's the rate of death and destruction it operates by.

And have have SJW's trying to tear it apart from the insides out (except not because of the kill to death ratio, but for petty selfish narcissistic reasons).

Rejoice!

edit on 20-7-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
History repeats. This is the Roman empire, Look around

We already have our own coliseums.

We have more slaves than we do citizens.

We have an utterly corrupt political system.

We have a two-tiered justice system. Rulers.

We have armies all over doing grand things.

We even have bad things in our water.

We're there, just waiting on Nero.

edit on 20-7-2018 by Lumenari because: making it pretty

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Conan was not part of the the Roman empire. He was hyborian. Which is a fantasy race. In a fantasy time.

I like Conan too.
The novels are the equivalent of romance novels.

Yes you are mad for wanting slavery back and no votes from women. ETC

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Lol.. that only happens after a thousand years of dominance lol..

Plus that would really be the rest of the world tearing America apart if we are using today’s dynamic.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I read a Professor's book stating that we're living in a kind of debased Roman Empire. His title went " The Decline of the Roman Empire". But so many Coll. of Edu. theses are titled the same, you cannot find it in the Library of Congress lists. His research also posited that P.Gibbons never knew what really happened in Rome, but only what Sixteenth Century London Coffee House Society thought happened to the Romans.

A double volcanic winter brought their agriculture to a standstill. Today, even killing off all the honey bees, with pesticides, will accomplish about the same thing, as the classic Dark Ages did in Fifth and Sixth Century Europe.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: carpooler
a reply to: visitedbythem

I read a Professor's book stating that we're living in a kind of debased Roman Empire. His title went " The Decline of the Roman Empire". But so many Coll. of Edu. theses are titled the same, you cannot find it in the Library of Congress lists. His research also posited that P.Gibbons never knew what really happened in Rome, but only what Sixteenth Century London Coffee House Society thought happened to the Romans.

A double volcanic winter brought their agriculture to a standstill. Today, even killing off all the honey bees, with pesticides, will accomplish about the same thing, as the classic Dark Ages did in Fifth and Sixth Century Europe.

You don't need honey bees to pollinate.

They are not native to North America, for instance....

One of the things Einstein was quite wrong about.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Made me laugh, you are just fed up, what if I were to tell you a tale.

Imagine a man whom was something else?

A man whom evil and hateful spirit's only intent upon gaining and magnifying there own power discovered was something else?.

They then tortured the man, like squeezing blood from a stone if you like so that the stress would unlock part of that power he had hidden within him, then they showed him images in this case of looking out from inside a bamboo cage at drunken east Asian men poking them with stick's through the bars and this pain and anger was then fueled and funneled toward one place and at one target, China.

Now this man then somehow manages to regain reason but the energy within him is overflowing having been released already so he has to do something, he think's of all the innocent in China, the children, the kind people and yes he know's that there was plenty of scumbag's just like anywhere else so he wrestles his power back down and lock's it away again fearing that he might harm them and not wanting to do so, but there is too much power so he tried to feed it to the earth to stop it from harming anyone, to the planet itself and the energy and pain ease.

The man fall's unconscious and then into a sleep the delirium ending and wakes the following morning, later that day he hears of earthquake's shaking China and injuring people taking many lives, the man is repentant and fears that he may have done that, fears that once again he may have become a destroyer of world's.

Can you imagine the fear of holding such power, the burden and the urge to run from it, to hide it even from himself and to lock it away behind wall's and fortresses and more wall's within his inner universe lest the monster should be unleashed and strike blindly harming the innocent once again?.

And can you imagine the idiot's, the hateful and the angry whom would just want it, the little people that want to destroy and ruin rather than to save, to do the work of there own enemy's for them and to burn the house they have to live in themselves down to the ground.

The Roman empire was a mighty empire built upon conquest, slavery, intrigue, treachery and exploitation, it was a thief that dressed itself in the finery it looted from other cultures but in that respect it was no different to any other empire in history both before and after.

It differed in the size, the peace and the population it allowed to bloom under it's less than benign rule called the Pax Romana and it survived as an empire long after Rome itself had fallen right up to the fall of Constantinople in fact.

It taught many lesson's, not all good and had AND has many student's once again not all good.

Remember this, it is easier to destroy than it is to build, a weak man can tear down what a strong man labor's to build.

Other than there destruction and the fact he had lot's of kid's what legacy did old Genghis really leave, his empire never lasted even a few hundred years, the mongol dynasty he founded was short lived and his capital city of Xanadu was ill placed so after the mongol dynasty passed so too did it abandoned and lost.

For all of it's evil's and on balance Rome was more evil than it was ever good it left a Legacy which enabled greater cultures to one day rise, they may have not had it's grandeur but in every other way they surpassed it.

And in time they too will be gone, our lives are short, we die and the knowledge and lessons' we learn no matter how much we may want to we can never pass to the younger generations that will replace us, we can only hope that they are intelligent enough to learn for themselves and that our mistakes serve them as lesson's and road sign's for what to avoid BUT if we are an example of what they will do then unfortunately we tend to ignore those road sign's those warning's from history.

Can you imagine the burden and the fear of having that much power that you, you could destroy entire world's, that there were those that would want to use you as a beast of burden to carry out there will, to make themselves great by becoming parasites upon you, how much you would seek to lock that power away, how much you would fear letting that almost uncontrollable energy to destroy and perhaps also to create out knowing that you yourself lacked the wisdom to use it safely or rightly and even more fearing what other's would do to control your power for themselves by controlling you.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Roman empire?

Yeah but all that homosexuality, and men wearing dresses. Not to mention all that violence by the plebeians.

Hail Caesar.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I have personally seen to the demise of more than a few bees.

Damn stingy little flying zits. And I don't even like the taste of honey. Good for nothing bugs.

I mean, what sort of creature says "I'm going to terribly hurt you. I will die in doing so, but I am going to hurt you. For no reason at all." anyway?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Hey I got a feeling like the Roman Empire our society is about to collapse the same way in the near future and as many other societies have also done.
The signs are there.

As someone else said, sadly history seems to always repeat.

Wonder if it is connected to the fact our home is always going around in circles?

I for one am ready to get off the merry go round and try some new rides.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Well, they used to have the best parties ever.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Orgies in the gay bath houses?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Just close your eyes... can you remember
The generations not so long ago
I feel the shameless urge that we must restore
Our former king to his rightful throne
And with me lords and maidens
We wait for the chosen son's return

I come alive
It's a time for celebration
Our will to restore
Make our past become the future once more

Still he lives! 2000 years have passed
And still we're yearning for his return
We fulfill a wishful prohecy
And so the chanting begins
Hail Caesar... Hail Caesar... we render unto you
What is still yours

Share the wish as it must be
Our king and palace...mode it be!
Gods enslaved, traitors burning
Might and splendor forever return

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

You mean the huns that raped and pillaged the innocent for loot and plunged the Empire and Europe into the dark ages? So you want genocide?

And Conan isn't real btw

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
And have have SJW's trying to tear it apart from the insides out

Now if only we had some lions...

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Yes.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
fugget it
edit on 21-7-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join