It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid irs robo calls

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
This morning, I received yet another call stating that I owed the IRS and if I did not call back k to pay immediately, I would be arrested by local police and sheriffs. I took this as a chance to have a little fun with calling these idiots back, and demanding information regarding the case they had against me. the people answering the phone wherever they happened to be were not prepared for a pissed off American to call and make demands of them.
I asked for the case number, and for which court their warrant was issued by, and they said it was confidential. He said if I had that info, I would use it to get away, and the cops would be there in minutes. He then hung up on me. I called back and got another person, and pressed them for info about the case, and was told again that it was confidential. I told them they were full of #, and asked again where I lived and what was my name. He said you live in Texas, and your name is John McClain. After I was done laughing at his idiocy, as I do not live in Texas, and I am not the main character of die hard, I said he was wrong and that he cannot be a smart ass with me, because I am smarter than him. I called him an idiot, and he cussed me out, just like a real IRS agent. He then hung up on me.
I have called them 40 times now, and asked them if they were ready to admit they were a fraud, or to expect a call from me every minute until they admit what they are doing. Now, they will not answer my calls. So sad. Is there anything else that can be done with these number spoofers? Besides calling back and pissing them off? I would really like to get back at these fools for what they do to old people, and people who do not understand that the IRS does not hire call centers from outside the country to threaten people with being arrested for minor tax problems. Does anyone have any suggestions?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Benderisfunny

When they called me, I played along with em bit until they said they were sending the law to arrest me. It was at that point I said "Oh really? How do you propose to do that when I am the Sheriff?". CLICK!

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I like to tell the boner medicine guy when he calls that I don't need his pills because the naked picture I have of his mom gives me much more than a 4 hour erection.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

With the volume of caller id numbers Robocallers use and the frequency they change them, it's virtually impossible to prevent calls like these. There are some pay services that integrate with certain VOIP providers and will stop the calls from getting through if they've already been identified as a fraudulent call. Nomorobo is one of them, but I'm sure there's dozens of similar services.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Tell them you have the funds, just not liquid, that its in gold coins left to you from your grandma. You have been saving them to pass on to your children, tell them to avoid jail you are willing to send them but need them to pay for insured shipping.

They weight around 25 pounds, and if they would provide the paid shipping label to you for over night shipping you will send them right away.

Couple things, this gives you an address to pass on to the cops, and if you do send something it cost them a ton of money for that much weight and overnight. send them a dumbbell or something.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Yippee ky yayy motherfooker.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

THat is a really good idea, and if they start taking my calls again, I may just try that. I would love to send them a brick, with a picture of my bare ass glued to it. These people are scum, and I just do not understand how anyone can fall for this.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I won the Publisher's clearing house sweepstakes about 6 times last month.

All they needed for the parade to get to my door with my new Mercedes was a $1,200 check to cover the licensing.

I keep telling them I've written the check and am excited to meet them in person!!!

Alas, I do not YET have my new Mercedes.

Check is by the door though!!!

Seriously, it's sad if anyone falls for this crap at this point... they prey off of the elderly and the simple-minded.

Sometimes wish they would show up at the door...

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

They know they are full of it. How many pakistanis are named Christopher James? John McClain...what a moron! It really pisses them off if you remark on how poor their English is. One of the times I called them back, the guy said I had reached the internal restitution service. I laughed until he hung up.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I would love it if one of these people showed up in person to perpetrate their scam. The county sheriff who lives next door would probably get a kick out of it too!!

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benderisfunny
a reply to: benrl

THat is a really good idea, and if they start taking my calls again, I may just try that. I would love to send them a brick, with a picture of my bare ass glued to it. These people are scum, and I just do not understand how anyone can fall for this.

There are suckers born every minute and there must be MILLIONS of them! Look at the MSM such as FOX news who advertise for these IRS scammer lawyers to help you negotiate with the IRS. It's a scam as well, but why does FOX or any MSM outlet get away with promoting the SCAM?

All about the Benjamins and a corrupt government who won't step in to stop their own from getting ripped off. Again, though, I feel sorry for the elderly targeted by these Indian scammer. Not so much for the younger adults or middle aged ones dumb enough to believe it.

Also if you get a call?

Google or bing "Indian swear words"! Funny as hell when you swear at them in their own language!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benderisfunny

I would love it if one of these people showed up in person to perpetrate their scam. The county sheriff who lives next door would probably get a kick out of it too!!

I'd have them zip-tied and waiting for pickup...

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Our caller (funny aside, my wife's phone number is different by the last digit by 2, so she gets the call right after I hang up) has a southern accent, a few dogs in the background and some screaming kids.

So it's not only overseas....

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

You would think people from the states would realize that big banner on the IRS.gov website that says we never call to threaten arrest or ask for payment means that they do not do those things. They could still be from outside the US though. They spoof numbers from all over! I wish I could get a call from someone who speaks English as their first language. I am not sure the guy I spoke to understood all of the insults I hurled at him.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

The last time I got one of those calls, I told them that as a law-abiding citizen, I will turn myself in and trust the mercy of the court.

I apologized profusely and started crying and just told them to bring the cops and that I was sorry.

Never heard from them again.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Our caller (funny aside, my wife's phone number is different by the last digit by 2, so she gets the call right after I hang up) has a southern accent, a few dogs in the background and some screaming kids.

So it's not only overseas....

All of mine sound like Abu from the Simpons! lol

I really love the ones who say they are from Microsoft and they have discovered my computer has been compromised by a dangerous virus! I work them hard till I get them to the point they realize I am too stupid to figure out how to allow them to access my PC, then I start laughing and tell them I don't own a computer.
edit on 16-7-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I don't ever call them back but if I get a live body on the phone I abuse the hell out of them. The best one happened one night when my neighbor stopped over for a beer...

Guy calls up and says right away "I'm going to lower your electric bill". I tell him it's not possible. He starts with his pitch and I interrupt him and say there's no way he can lower it. He starts again and I interrupt him again and tell him he'll never be able to lower it. Now I have him on the hook and he asks why he won't be able to do this.

I tell him I have a small fusion reactor in my basement. I burn Helium 3...it's safe and efficient and it generates more than enough power. I also tell him that whatever I don't use goes back into the grid and I usually get a small check from the electric company each month. Guy on the phone is dumbfounded and says "Wow, I guess we really can't lower your bill".

Of course, my neighbor is sitting there like WTF. I don't know who's reaction made me laugh harder!

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

www.google.com...

*giggles maniacally*

I am damn mean- I will go so far as to imitate their voice and accent. I get BS like "We are sending you a back brace!" I am going thru therapy, and NO ONE there has so much as hinted at one, for starters, and second- the instant you have to do *anything* any more, even perfectly legit things, your info gets sold somehow by someone.

Since I have an idea how mine got sold this round, I will be looking into the place's "how we use your info" details, and if I find it's not supposed to be sold, I'll look into a nice, fat lawsuit.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

My wife will spend an hour with them on the phone, explaining that we live in Montana so a Mercedes isn't the car we need, and do they offer an SUV instead?

Then they will shop online for the truck, pick out a color, finally get to the nitty gritty and then she will tell the person "just deliver it! I'm excited about this! And as my wife told you when you called her, we have the check written already!"

The wife/wife thing usually ends up stumping them more than anything else.

She has more patience than I do.

Or is just evil... I've considered that an option for awhile now.

edit on 16-7-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

My wife will spend an hour with them on the phone, explaining that we live in Montana so a Mercedes isn't the car we need, and do they offer an SUV instead?

Then they will shop online for the truck, pick out a color, finally get to the nitty gritty and then she will tell the person "just deliver it! I'm excited about this! And as my wife told you when you called her, we have the check written already!"

She has more patience than I do.

Or is just evil... I've considered that an option for awhile now.

The longer us smart folk keep these scammers on the phone the less gullible idiots they have time to scam the way I figure it? Be that as it may, I usually have to be drinking to play with em.
I want to exclude our elderly from my use of the term idiots BTW. No worse scum on the earth than those who take advantage of our elderly.

Your wife sounds like a hoot!

edit on 16-7-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join