It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago police release body cam video of South Shore police shooting

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I still see any death from the police as unnecessary and unjust, unless the perp is firing live rounds at the public or brave men and women who patrol these streets, I dont belive anyone fleeing should be shot from any range to the front or back

It boggles my mind that Americans accept any death from an LEO unless they were being fired upon, no LEO should be judge jury and executioner.

ALL and I mean ALL police in every country are the bravest of the brave and should be respected.

Moment car drove into police officer

Brave officers, no bullets fired, perp arrested

Police tackle machete wielding man with wheelie bin

Brave beyond belief, no bullets fired, perp arrested

A fully armed police force is not what I would vote for, we have armed reponse in the UK which have to then be investigated for every bullet discharged and all officers who fire have to be held accountable, serve and PROTECT

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Citizens get mad at the police, when 99.9% of the murders are Black-on-Black.

Democrats get mad at Russia, when 99.9% of 2016 collusion was between Democrats and Russia.

I see a pattern. A sick one.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Democrats get mad at Russia, when 99.9% of 2016 collusion was between Democrats and Russia.

Cool stats, did you pull them from Breibart?

99.9% of murders are black on black, please where is this?

Is there something you want to say maybe, the perp in the OP did he deserve to die because of his color?

Does Chicago have concealed carry, if so did the LEO 100% know it was an illegal firearm or was it shoot first ask later tatics

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

I still see any death from the police as unnecessary and unjust, unless the perp is firing live rounds at the public or brave men and women who patrol these streets, I dont belive anyone fleeing should be shot from any range to the front or back

It boggles my mind that Americans accept any death from an LEO unless they were being fired upon, no LEO should be judge jury and executioner.

ALL and I mean ALL police in every country are the bravest of the brave and should be respected.

Moment car drove into police officer

Brave officers, no bullets fired, perp arrested

Police tackle machete wielding man with wheelie bin

Brave beyond belief, no bullets fired, perp arrested

A fully armed police force is not what I would vote for, we have armed reponse in the UK which have to then be investigated for every bullet discharged and all officers who fire have to be held accountable, serve and PROTECT

www.foxnews.com...

Id say plead you case to the 29 officers who were shot last year in the US, but they aren't around to hear you anymore, just their families.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Fun in Chicago

The numbers by the day

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Each and every one of them and their families has my unconditional respect and gratitude, I myself havefamily who work in law enforcment, but I will never want to be judge by the officer, rather arrest me, stun me with a taser, then let the legal process we all have to respect be implemented.

God bless
Officer Michael Chesna
Trooper Nicholas Clark
Deputy Sheriff Patrick Rohrer
Deputy Sheriff Theresa King
Officer Charles Irvine, Jr
Sgt. Daniel Baker
Officer Anthony Christie
Trooper Samuel Newton Bullard
Officer Aryian Williams
Officer Amy Caprio
Officer Amy Caprio
Officer Rob Pitts
Officer Jesus 'Chuy' Cordova
Officer Charles Whites
Officer Rogelio Santander
Corporal Eugene Cole
Officer Tamby Yagan
Deputy Sheriff Casey Shoemate
Deputy Sheriff Casey Shoemate
Deputy Sheriff Taylor Lindsey
Officer Sean Gannon
Officer Keith Earle
Corporal Dale Hallman
Deputy Sheriff Ryan Zirkle
Officer Scotty Hamilton
Deputy Sheriff David Lee'Sean Manning
Officer Greggory Casillas
Officer Ryan Morton
Officer Rodney Smith
Deputy Alexis “Thunder” Eagle Locklear
Deputy Sheriff Jacob Pickett
Officer Justin Billa
Deputy Sheriff Kevin Stanton
Officer Darren Weathers
Commander Paul Bauer
Officer Anthony Morelli
Officer Eric Joering
Officer Chase Maddox
Officer David Sherrard
Deputy Sheriff Micah Flick
Police Officer Glenn Doss, Jr.
Deputy Heath Gumm
Deputy U.S. Marshal Christopher David Hill
Detective Michael R. Doty
Deputy Sheriff Daniel A. McCartney
Officer Chris Beaudion
Lieutenant Christopher Robateau

Thank you for the link, such tragic waste of life, no one should be killed while doing their job, their familes also did not deserve the news breaking to them and then living without their loved ones, I side with the LEOs and police, Each one braver than me, each one deserving of praise.

I still believe though that the only justification for for ending anothers life though is if the public or LEO are being fired upon, if not ensure everyone is safe and catch the perp ASAP, as much as I want revenge for some of the brave officers in the article you linked, I still believe in trial by jury

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

He may have had a gun but I can guarandamntee he didn’t have a clip

So a cop who has to make a split-second life or death decision has to determine if there is a clip in the gun?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Cool stats, did you pull them from Breibart?

99.9% of murders are black on black, please where is this?

Is there something you want to say maybe, the perp in the OP did he deserve to die because of his color?

Does Chicago have concealed carry, if so did the LEO 100% know it was an illegal firearm or was it shoot first ask later tatics

About 80% of the murders (and murderers) in Chicago are black. Pretty much the same in all US cities. He didn't die because of he was black... he died because he resisted arrest and tried to pull a firearm on 3 cops.

Chicago does have CCW. The cops didn't know, but they could tell he was armed. The area of town they are in is basically a third world sh*t hole with a lot of gun violence. That is why he was approached. If he was a legal carrier with a FOID card as they are called in Chicago, all he had to do is answer whatever questions they had, etc and be on his way.

Heck, even if he wasn't a legal CCW, Chicago is notoriously lax on prosecuting folks with firearms. He would have did a little time in county, but probably wouldn't have been in the clink too long.

Dumb and dumber on his part....

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Ok its coming down now its 80% of all murder is by blacks? in all US cities?

My point regarding his color was not aimed at the LEO it was aimed at carewemust who stated the absurd notion of 99.9% of murder is by black people

You say 80% I still have my doubts

And yes he should have just answered their questions, but by not doing I still dont belive its justified to then shoot first, we are letting the LEOs make assumptions which is wrong on all levels

edit on 16-7-2018 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

a reply to: Edumakated

Ok its coming down now its 80% of all murder is by blacks? in all US cities?

My point regarding his color was not aimed at the LEO it was aimed at carewemust who stated the absurd notion of 99.9% of murder is by black people

You say 80% I still have my doubts

And yes he should have just answered their questions, but by not doing I still dont belive its justified to then shoot first, we are letting the LEOs make assumptions which is wrong on all levels

80% or 99%, it really doesn't matter. The bottom line is that it is that it is the vast majority. The stats are readily available if you care to educate yourself. The problem is when people know and understand the stats, the narrative falls apart so people rather turn a blind eye to the reality.

For Chicago... you can go to www.heyjackass.com.. (that is the real site name) that tracks gun violence in Chicago daily.

You can also go to the FBI and download stats as well.
edit on 16-7-2018 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
You guys can argue about statistics all day long.

The reality of the situation that you're going to have to face, sooner than later, is that there are strong beliefs (with considerable factual evidence) among Black Americans that the system is rigged against them and that law-enforcment does not value their lives.

The man was RUNNING AWAY from the police. That is not a life-threatening situation. The man had not drawn nor fired a weapon. He is an American citizen, remember, and Americans have a Constitutional right to bear arms.

Funny how that always gets overlooked in situations like this.

From what can be seen, the cops did not act in the best professoinal manner. That said, the community (and the community leaders) also have a responsibility to maintain the peace TO PREVENT EVEN MORE DEATHS.

The explanation from law-enforcment TOO MANY TIMES is that they were in fear for their lives, to the extent that it really, REALLY lacks any sort of essential quality of truth.

Brass tacks: We are going to have to learn to live with each other sooner than later.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

so you think that a cop should stand there, and wait for shots to come at them, before they act? I'm sorry, but that isn't rooted in any kind of reality that I am aware of.

I can appreciate the reason for your thinking, but if you ever get a chance, do a ride along with a real cop. Find out what makes them react how they do.

And don't think I don't know there are bad cops out there, I know there are. I also know there are more good ones than bad. I'd rather see a separate entity that investigates complaints against cops and PROSECUTES the bad ones. We can't expect cops to investigate cops and not be a little biased.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
What I see when I look at that video of the guy running away is...

He could have been just trying to keep his gun 'on his hip' just like cops do when they are running, it could have been instinctive...

He could've been running away and grabbing his gun and was possibly going to use it on that cop in the car out on the street... That might be why he was shot from behind.

He could've been running away and was planning on throwing the gun away out of reach...

If he actually really and truly did have a legal firearm on him and is a licensed user, then no person on Earth will run away when they are innocent, there was no reason to run UNLESS he was up to something. That "something" was not known at that point and time...
CCW owners know not to do that, you obey the law.
(Yes there are jerk cops, and racist cops, but not every time we read about it in Chicago)

I have a license to carry a handgun, I have been stopped TWICE by a cop when I was driving a car in the last year alone, I asked them if it was O.K. to get my wallet, when they said, "Yes", I did, I then grabbed my drivers license AND my CCW license and gave it to them. The first cop asked where my gun was, I said, "In my console", he asked, "Do you have any reason to reach for it?", I said, "No", and that was that.
It all depends on how you handle yourself, AND, are you guilty of anything, any reason to cause any trouble. I am not a trouble maker at all, I know how cops are, I have known lots of cops, I have been beat up by cops, (When i was a teenager) I get both sides, I get it, I get all sides and I completely understand.

Don't do stupid stuff and you more than likely won't be killed, or even taken to jail or ticketed if you are acting normally and don't have a thing in the world to hide.

This guy was not doing anything right, had he let the cops temporarily detain him he would be alive today, he may not like that he was detained, but he would be alive.

They are saying that he was a productive citizen that was nothing but a nice barber, well, nice barbers don't run like that, he was up to something. What? Nobody knows... Yet...

edit on 16-7-2018 by recrisp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

The reality of the situation that you're going to have to face, sooner than later, is that there are strong beliefs (with considerable factual evidence) among Black Americans that the system is rigged against them and that law-enforcment does not value their lives.

The man was RUNNING AWAY from the police. That is not a life-threatening situation. The man had not drawn nor fired a weapon. He is an American citizen, remember, and Americans have a Constitutional right to bear arms.

From what can be seen, the cops did not act in the best professoinal manner. That said, the community (and the community leaders) also have a responsibility to maintain the peace TO PREVENT EVEN MORE DEATHS.

The explanation from law-enforcment TOO MANY TIMES is that they were in fear for their lives, to the extent that it really, REALLY lacks any sort of essential quality of truth.

Brass tacks: We are going to have to learn to live with each other sooner than later.

Guess you missed those screen shots from the cops body cam where he is clearly drawing his weapon...

He didn't just run away. He ran into the street, then turned to face the police and attempted to draw his weapon. Another Darwin award recipient.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

If you were the cop in this situation, you would be dead right now.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

if your armed while interacting with police the first thing you do is tell them you have a weapon, the second is ask them how THEY want to proceed for their safty and yours and then they either take it while your hands are up or you slowly very deliberately hand it to them in exactly the way and manner requested .you do NOT put your hand on a holstered fire arm when interacting with police unless you want to get shot especially while running away from them.

im biracial (hispanic and white) i got pulled over with my hand gun in the car in montana it was in my glove box. cop pulls me over asks for license and registration . "i tell him in accordance with state law i have to inform you there is a fire arm in my glove box how would you like me to proceed for your safety and mine"? he thanks me opens my glove box unloads my fire arm and puts it on the roof of passenger side of my car asks me if there were any other weapons in the car and then pets my dog letting me know hes not afraid of my rather large but very friendly dog. i told him i had no other weapons just an extra mag in the center console. get my speeding ticket he hands me back my unloaded gun and we both got to go home to our families. its that simple to not get shot when you possess a fire arm and are interacting with law enforcement

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas
The thing is, a person need to read the situation, every cop is different, every situation is different.
You're right though, I always do what you said, that was just my short version.
I always have my (electric) window down a crack, I wait until he asks me to lower it, or I ask him.
Always have both hands on the steering wheel where they can be easily seen. I only talk when asked for the most part.
It's not that I fear cops, I like cops, I just learned when I was a teenager after getting busted for stupid stuff, I lived in a tough neighborhood, so cops were looking for all kinds of thing, that was when drugs first started making its appearance, in the 60's. I've been threatened by the police, I've had them carve my initials in their bullets, and like I said, I was beat up in jail one time by one.
Even after all of that, I don't hold any bad feelings for them, what I did I was in the wrong, I shouldn't have been beaten up, but had I not gone to jail I wouldn't have been.

So, I made my own future, I stopped going to jail, I live a life that doesn't include anything illegal, I still occasionally get a speeding ticket, that's about it, I could have gone the route of others that I grew up with and got into drugs, prison, etc.

Being smart is what it's all about, sure, I am not going to kiss the policeman's butt, but I am going to go home, if there is a problem, I think that I can rely on my wits in what to do and what not to do.

I'm still here, that's what counts. Too bad that a LOT of people in these police shootings that die don't think about this stuff.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
www.facebook.com... could have its own thread but this 4 minute video goes to show what some police forces in the usa have to deal with,it was sent to me by a friend ,the crash and subsequent shoot out near the end ended up happening about 50 yards from his home

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The victim here clearly had a weapon and reached for it as he fled. Whether it was loaded or not, as I was always taught all firearms are to be considered loaded until proven otherwise so his actions sealed his fate by giving the officers no less deadly options. If they'd taken time analysing how to respond a firefight could have erupted with officers and bystanders becoming victims as well.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

No the cop can safely assume there is a magazine in the gun

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join