It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK police find source of Novichok nerve agent in small bottle

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

Was it this stuff per-chance?

Jokes aside, the container may be somewhat traceable, especially if there is a barcode/serial.

Might be able to determine the origin of the store the product was purchased, and that's when CCTV will seriously come into play as most places that retail Alcoholic beverages have cameras in place for security measures in this nation outside, and inside.
edit on 14-7-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
They say vodka bottle so people will naturally think of Russia, then when the truth comes out...if it comes out....it will not be covered or printed in small print way in the back of some paper.

It was 727Sky that mentioned vodka, neither the article or the police is talking about a vodka bottle.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Don't matter what the container is, unless its super generic any sticker/label information on the side may be of vital importance in tracing it's purchase point. Might even have fingerprints and DNA still on it and intact.

And since it been thrown away, sort of willynilly, i imagine whoever did so probably has not had the sence to remove labels/fingerprints/DNA traces.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Don't matter what the container is, unless its super generic any sticker/label information on the side may be of vital importance in tracing it's purchase point. Might even have fingerprints and DNA still on it and intact.

That's why it matters what the container is, a "small bottle" may be super generic. Also, depending on the original use of the bottle, it may not have any label pointing to a supplier or something like that.

And since it been thrown away, sort of willynilly, i imagine whoever did so probably has not had the sence to remove labels/fingerprints/DNA traces.

Considering what the bottle had, I suppose they used gloves to manipulate it. If this was a professional hit then I don't expect they get DNA or fingerprints of the responsible.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

It's the professionalism that's in question through, i mean what kind of assassin worth his salt ditches evidence near a crime scene unless they want it to be found at some later date?

Suppose the possibility also exists, that this recent tragic event could have been orchestrated or some form of a ruse by our own alphabet agencies, in an attempt to spread disinformation pertaining to the initial attack.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT
I think I read that the woman was an alcoholic. That could explain why the bottle was picked up and taken.

It's funny you say that because one of the first photos of her (CCTV) I noticed she was in the alcohol aisle of a shop.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: 727Sky

The samples were taken there, and the clean up after the first attempt was thorough, so why has this happened again? .

The clean up was conducted at the places where the Skripal's were known to have been in Salisbury after being contaminated. This couple are assessed to have come across this container in the Queen Elizabeth Park in Salisbury. An area where the Skripal's were not at.

A friend of Charlie Rowley described him as a scavenger. It is believed that he and his now deceased partner had a picnic in the Queen Elizabeth Gardens and came across the glass container.

Ben Jordan, a friend, described Rowley as a scavenger who would pick up cigarette butts from the ground and often go through the trash cans outside charity shops in search of something he could use or sell. "Anything and everything to sell, to survive, to use," Jordan said. "What the charity shop doesn't want, he will fix it or sell it or use it for himself."

News article link

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Can I encourage everybody on this particular story to look up Porton Down?
You will find it is a UK chemical/biological research station based very, VERY close to Salisbury/Amesbury.

I have no doubt the Russians are a useful foe right now.
And clearly, we as a country would never do such vile, immoral and unethical acts against our own population.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucius Driftwood

It's not just a "chemical/biological research station", it the U.K version of Plumb Island, possibly even Dulce like base.

Hyperbole aside, the place is cutting-edge research orientated and could knock out Novichok in a heartbeat.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucius Driftwood
Can I encourage everybody on this particular story to look up Porton Down?
You will find it is a UK chemical/biological research station based very, VERY close to Salisbury/Amesbury.

I have no doubt the Russians are a useful foe right now.
And clearly, we as a country would never do such vile, immoral and unethical acts against our own population.

www.rt.com...

A leak at the Porton Down secret laboratory may explain the nerve agent poisonings in Britain, as both cases happened in nearby Salisbury and Amesbury, the Russian embassy in the UK has said.

The embassy was asked by the media to comment on Friday’s announcement by the UK police that a small bottle they found in the home of one of the Amesbury poisoning victims contained the infamous Novichok nerve agent.

However, Russian diplomats said that they “cannot check or verify any British statements” because London “refuses to cooperate with us in any way possible” on the issue.

Now would it not be something if all along the nerve agent came from a lab in the U.K. !

The Porton Down chemical laboratory is located some 8km from both Salisbury and Amesbury.

The embassy also criticized the British authorities for asking the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) to examine the substance found by the police at Amesbury.

The “independent verification” procedure initiated by the UK is “non-transparent, goes beyond the mechanisms outlined in the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC),” it said.

www.globalresearch.ca...

The Russians chose to use this assassination programme to target Sergei Skripal, a double agent who had been released from jail in Russia some eight years previously.
It seems remarkable that the chosen target of an attempt that would blow the existence of a secret weapon and end the cover of a decade long programme, should be nobody more prominent than a middle ranking double agent who the Russians let out of jail years ago. If they wanted him dead they could have killed him then. Furthermore the attack on him would undermine all future possible spy swaps. Putin therefore, on this reading, was willing to sacrifice both the secrecy of the novichok programme and the spy swap card just to attack Sergei Skripal. That seems highly improbable.

edit on 727thk18 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Sounds like one of our pissheads found the source of the poison.

When the pigs spend week searching and find nothing and one of our drunk instead finds it and drinks it

edit on 15-7-2018 by DieGloke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   
the facts seem so suspicious. how is it that the two events are linked to start with.

All the UK can do is guess how the container ended up in their possession.

Could be something more sinister. The second poisoning might actually be due to involvement.

There is not much known about them so it for the time being is guess work.

I think these latest two are involved in some way.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: biggilo

originally posted by: 83Liberty

Which leads me to ask... who in their right minds finds an opened bottle of vodka and takes it home... ?!
Also, why didn't she get sick straight away when taking it home?

The puzzle continues...

I had a girlfriend once who if she saw rubbish lying about would pick it up and put it in the nearest bin, maybe this lady was doing the same and just clearing the park from rubbish she came across.

Except, they actually took it home. There's a lot of parts to this story that just doesn't sit right with me. We'll probably never know what really happened in either case, but I'm not sure if the official narrative is to be believed. Smells fishy.
edit on 15-7-2018 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT
I think I read that the woman was an alcoholic. That could explain why the bottle was picked up and taken.

It's funny you say that because one of the first photos of her (CCTV) I noticed she was in the alcohol aisle of a shop.

That means nothing. I've spent time in alcohol isles but that doesn't make me an alcoholic.

But maybe that's just denial :p

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Well, quoting Russia Today, the mouthpiece and propaganda arm of the Russian authorities is a giant leap into distraction and diversion. Last week it was that the Skripals were being held prisoner, and before that the CIA did it. This week it's back to the Porton complicity.

It's a fact that Porton Down is down the road from Salisbury and Amesbury, just like apparent manufacturing site of Novichok is at Krasnoarmeysk, which is down the road from Moscow.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

3 million stars from 7000 posts.. God damn...

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I noticed on the news that the road was called "Muggleton Road" interesting that a muggle is a normal person in Harry Potter's world of potions.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join