It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK police find source of Novichok nerve agent in small bottle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   
What a turn of events ! Unless the Novichok is in a mini Vodka bottle from Russia how will the propaganda to hang this on Russia spin ? As far as I am concerned Putin's Russia is absolutely no saint but the blame dart of the Novichok poisoning (just like the chemical attacks in Syria) missed their mark on this one.. Hopefully they will get to the bottom of this stuff once and for all.

LONDON (Reuters) - British counter-terrorism police said on Friday they believed they had found the source of the Novichok nerve agent that killed a woman in southwest England and left her partner critically ill in hospital.
Dawn Sturgess, 44, died this month, just over a week after she was exposed to Novichok near the city of Salisbury where Russian double agent Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia were struck down with the same poison in March.

Sturgess’ partner, 45-year-old Charlie Rowley from Amesbury, a town a few miles from Salisbury, is now recovering in hospital.

“On Wednesday ... a small bottle was recovered during searches of Charlie Rowley’s house in Amesbury,” police said in a statement. “Scientists have now confirmed to us that the substance contained within the bottle is Novichok.”

www.reuters.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   
She picked that up from the park in Salisbury and took it home with her in her handbag?

I’m from Salisbury and we know Russia did it

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Something is really odd about this whole episode.
Were the Skripals known to this second couple, being as they came from the same general area ?

If it comes to light that the nerve agent from both cases came from the same batch then it could link the cases. Also what are the chances that there are more " little bottles " of this stuff out there.
It seems so random...the Skripals ( Russian connection ) then the two latest...the woman who died and the man don't appear to have been KGB types.
I doubt the public will ever know the details. But it seems on the face of it ..Theresa Mayhem might have jumped the gun in blaming the Russians.

( current bogeymen )

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   
This just doesn't make any sense to me. The only way Novichok could be in that vodka bottle is if it's either the original source from months ago, or someone has planted it in there recently.

If the vodka bottle is the original source, then that surely means she found the bottle somewhere and decided to take it home?

Which leads me to ask... who in their right minds finds an opened bottle of vodka and takes it home... ?!
Also, why didn't she get sick straight away when taking it home?

The puzzle continues...

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
She picked that up from the park in Salisbury and took it home with her in her handbag?

I’m from Salisbury and we know Russia did it

Not being snarky but how do you know the Russians did it ? Has some Russian confessed or are you going by what the government is saying ? And what proof do they, the government, have unless it is innuendo or strictly suspicion because the Russians are the bad guys of the month/year ?

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Why? Not being devils advocate, just curious.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat
My conspiracy mind also thinks that it's rather convenient it was found in a vodka bottle of all things, as we all know Russia are famous for their vodka...

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Where does it state that it was found in a vodka bottle?
Oh right, posters aren't bothering to read the article...

Also find it of high strangeness that they only find it in his place on Wednesday.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

I don't think that it has been established what kind of bottle contained the nerve agent.

As to when the police discovered it....the victim regained consciousness on tuesday and was subsequently interviewed by police. It was after talking to him that the police located the bottle.
This makes me think that if initial searches failed to uncover the bottle ....why didn't they find it ?
Too well hidden ? If Charlie Rowley had hidden it that well...then did he know what it was ?
If he was aware of what the bottle contained then it dismisses the theory that it was just " picked up " by Sturgess as a random bottle discarded in a park.

It might be reasonable to assume that the police doing the initial search would have removed anything that might have contained nerve agent...including small bottles.
So yeah.....very weird it only turns up after Charlie Rowley has been interviewed.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Unless it was Crystal Head Vodka Bottle Dan Aykroyd sells.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge
Good point. I must have misread the OP when he said "Unless the Novichok is in a mini Vodka bottle.."

Though my points still remain true...

Which leads me to ask... who in their right minds finds an opened bottle of vodka and takes it home... ?! Also, why didn't she get sick straight away when taking it home?

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I think I read that the woman was an alcoholic. That could explain why the bottle was picked up and taken.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   

What has my spidey sense tingling is Porton Down.

The samples were taken there, and the clean up after the first attempt was thorough, so why has this happened again? If I may put on my tin foil hat there might be an disgruntled employee or a double agent...We all know the KGB love their poison as they have proven it time and time again, however this seems too be to brazen to be KGB-the take pride in their secrecy.

Take it with a grain of salt-which is almost a literal statement as these chemical attacks only need something the size of a grain of salt to kill someone. I smell a double agent or a lone wolf.
edit on 14-7-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

What has my spidey sense tingling is Porton Down.

The samples were taken there, and the clean up after the first attempt was thorough, so why has this happened again? If I may put on my tin foil hat there might be an disgruntled employee or a double agent...We all know the KGB love their poison as they have proven it time and time again, however this seems too be to brazen to be KGB-the take pride in their secrecy.

Take it with a grain of salt-which is almost a literal statement as these chemical attacks only need something the size of a grain of salt to kill someone. I smell a double agent or a lone wolf.

What if it is some ISIS member who hates Russia for kicking butt in Syria ?

There are all kinds of possibilities besides just the Russian angle.. Maybe Russia did do the deed, for as many have said, if you get on their wrong side your life becomes toast without jam, errr something like that..No Good or DOA..

I do think poison on a door knob is very creative

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty
This just doesn't make any sense to me. The only way Novichok could be in that vodka bottle is if it's either the original source from months ago, or someone has planted it in there recently.

Who says it was a vodka bottle? That's being made up. The news is reporting a small bottle.

This remains a plausible outcome. We, the public, have no clue about this nerve agent, but judging by the disruption in Salisbury, it was clear that the authorities were worried about residue and secondary contamination. Having done the deed, it's easy to innocently dispose of a bottle, which would then end up being swept up and chucked in landfill. The poisoner was probably unaware that the toxin would persist so long in the environment.

This is a criminal - and now murder - investigation. The evidence and the facts will become known in any future trial, or inquest. However, it does seem plausible that Russia had the motive, means and method. What we have not seen is the intelligence evidence to date, but that did spur a universal reaction against Russia.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Ummm...one wonders if...Chawlee...being so secretive and all about this bottle of nerve agent...might have been the original poisoner in the Skripal case and one further wonders what his ties might be to a certain Porton Downe facility...

One even further wonders if this scenario is true how soon the...Russia...Russia...Russia crowd might call for lifting sanctions and apologizing to a certain country over what might now be something a little less than what it was purported to be...

Or a sneaky...sneaky attempt to throw everyone off scent...by...?

Should I hold my breath...?

YouSir

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

So you know Russia did it, fantastic, so why did Russia do it? you are aware Russia is the name given to a land mass? maybe with your great knowledge you could furnish us lesser mortals with more details The place the Novichok was prepared, the reason it didn't kill so easily, the reason it was used at all compared to a simple "accident" I suspect you should work for the Police and Mi6 What money could be saved to the country with your knowledge

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   

"I’m from Salisbury and we know Russia did it."

Well, that wraps it up then Sherlock.

Problem solved.

It could have been done by almost anyone and the required agents produced at any chemical or fertilizer plant around.
edit on 14-7-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty

Which leads me to ask... who in their right minds finds an opened bottle of vodka and takes it home... ?!
Also, why didn't she get sick straight away when taking it home?

The puzzle continues...

I had a girlfriend once who if she saw rubbish lying about would pick it up and put it in the nearest bin, maybe this lady was doing the same and just clearing the park from rubbish she came across.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
They say vodka bottle so people will naturally think of Russia, then when the truth comes out...if it comes out....it will not be covered or printed in small print way in the back of some paper.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join