It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University Study Proves Without A Doubt That Your Phone Is Spying On You

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Don't talk near your spy-phone.
Have a case made that block the mic but still let's you hear the ringer.
edit on 8-7-2018 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Years ago, Apple admitted that they recorded way more data on people such as GPS locations and where they were at certain times, without their permission.

CIA, FBI, MI5 all say that a cell phone from a criminal is the best tool they have to track whereabouts at certain times.

Yes, your cell phone has been spying on you. And most sensible people have known this for years.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Damn it! Those freaking jerks! There was a lot of stuff I was doing that I didn't want anyone to see... I have cheated on my wife. A LOT.

I'm kidding, I'm not married, but I was wondering... what if A savvy hacker or NSA worker compiled several searchable database lists with screen captured evidence, titled CHEATER, DRUG DEALER, PEDOPHILE, SECRETLY GAY, CORRUPT, THEIF, CREEPY, CRIMINAL, MURDERER, RAPIST, etc and created a free website where everyone in the world could search anyone's name and find out all of their secrets? Ok obviously that would probably take more than one person, and there are a lotnof difficulties they would have to overcome, but, maybe in 10 years or less, A.I. could decide to do it. I could see A.I. deciding that the best thing for humanity would be to undo as much deceit as possible...but then again, a.i. is programmed by humans... But maybe it's not true A.I., maybe it's just a super fast quantum computer or something that makes it so a few clever humans could accomplish the task?

I think we would realize that there are a lot more freaks and addicts and etc than we thought. I also think it would do a lot of good. How much has our privacy cost us as a society? I would not want an end to privacy, but, maybe a big equalizing reveal every 50 years or so could be good... then again it could be really bad, when you consider national security and state secrets. But, most of the real secrets would not be on a mobile device connected to a public network.

I think we would find out, not just suspect but Really find out, how Natural and Common of a thing it is to lie to each other, constantly. And why do we lie? Fear of judgement or other consequences mostly. But, maybe it would be a little more difficult to judge others, if all our dirty laundry were aired at once.

I never got to see the final episode of Mr Robot season one, and my On Demand had every episode Except the last one, and I just never got around to seeing it... Because of that, I refused to watch Season 2, and I don't even know if it continued beyond that... BUT, I thought it was badass how he would use his hacking skills to expose pedophiles, and get them arrested.

edit on 7/10/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

what if A savvy hacker or NSA worker compiled several searchable database lists with screen captured evidence, titled CHEATER, DRUG DEALER, PEDOPHILE, SECRETLY GAY, CORRUPT, THEIF, CREEPY, CRIMINAL, MURDERER, RAPIST, etc and created a free website where everyone in the world could search anyone's name and find out all of their secrets?

Isaac Asimov wrote about something very similar back in the 1950s called The Dead Past. Coincidentally, or not, is was written during the McCarthy era when government was into people's private lives and citizens were encouraged to report their neighbours.

I could see A.I. deciding that the best thing for humanity would be to undo as much deceit as possible...but then again, a.i. is programmed by humans...I think we would realize that there are a lot more freaks and addicts and etc than we thought. I also think it would do a lot of good.

You're assuming the AI and society would be on your side. What happens if you are the 'freak?' Or you have kids and one of them is 'SECRETLY GAY?' Maybe AI tags you as 'CREEPY' and you're stuck with it. Is that a lot of good? It didn't go so well under COINTELPRO. Speaking of McCarthy and COINTELPRO, look how easy it was to use government powers for wrong.

All that metadata on global servers is ideal for Hitlers, Hoovers, McCarthys, Stalins and any far-left/far-right nightmare government that gains power.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

My phone has witnessed high levels of my
depravity. And I was kinda hoping this was
true.

I'll let your imagination take it from there.
edit on Ram71118v21201800000011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Well, we have had threads and most of us have known for awhile that our phones listen to us and target us with adds. I have experienced this myself by mentioning a specific brand of something I have not bought in years or even looked at on the internet in a conversation where my phone was present and see adds for that the next day.

This goes much deeper....

gizmodo.com...

It’s the smartphone conspiracy theory that just won’t go away: Many, many people are convinced that their phones are listening to their conversations to target them with ads. Vice recently fueled the paranoia with an article that declared “Your phone is listening and it’s not paranoia,” a conclusion the author reached based on a 5-day experiment where he talked about “going back to uni” and “needing cheap shirts” in front of his phone and then saw ads for shirts and university classes on Facebook.

Instead, they discovered a different disturbing practice: apps recording a phone’s screen and sending that information out to third parties.

Of the 17,260 apps the researchers looked at, over 9,000 had permission to access the camera and microphone and thus the potential to overhear the phone’s owner talking about their need for cat litter or about how much they love a certain brand of gelato. Using 10 Android phones, the researchers used an automated program to interact with each of those apps and then analyzed the traffic generated. (A limitation of the study is that the automated phone users couldn’t do things humans could, like creating usernames and passwords to sign into an account on an app.) They were looking specifically for any media files that were sent, particularly when they were sent to an unexpected party.

www.blacklistednews.com...

The fact that these apps can record your screen without you knowing and use this data is chilling. It illustrates how easy it would be for a malicious actor to be able to look at your private messages, personal information, passwords, photos, and videos. None of this is stopped by your phone’s security either as it is a function built into the apps and you don’t have an option to disallow it.

“Our study reveals several alarming privacy risks in the Android app ecosystem, including apps that over-provision their media permissions and apps that share image and video data with other parties in unexpected ways, without user knowledge or consent. We also identify a previously unreported privacy risk that arises from third party libraries that record and upload screenshots and videos of the screen without informing the user. This can occur without needing any permissions from the user.”

In the age of technology, privacy and security are the only things that separate us from a total surveillance grid. Unfortunately, as this study illustrates, we have very little of both.

Now that you've established proof that smartphones are transparent spying devices that you cannot prevent from invading your privacy go ahead and add on top of that the question of who can access them in order to spy on you and how come you are unable to find how to do this yourself?

Imagine the scenario that a ring of notable people have the access to the back door on your phone and they share this access and use what they learn to psychologically harm you. Perhaps they even have a secret website where they put all their spying activities like a crazy sociopath stalker obsessed with some girl. Imagine that.

What if these spies were the people in the shows you watched, the radio programs you listened to, some stranger you pass in the hall, what if these freedom killers were the people you did business with or knew professionally, secretly watching you in your home like some obscene pervert.

Can you imagine listening to the radio and the radio host actually has access to your smart device and is watching you while you listen, then tries screwing with your head? I wonder if this ever really happens and if so what can you do about it.
edit on 12-4-2022 by SeriouslyDeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 11:54 PM
link   
If you want private conversation leave your phones a get a room.
Close the door and make sure there isn't a tv or other smart device.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: SeriouslyDeep

Well,

Maybe this:

collider.com...

edit on 13-4-2022 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Just don't install those apps then.

Or buy an android phone and write your own. It's virtually plug and play these days.

<< 1  2   >>

join