It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University Study Proves Without A Doubt That Your Phone Is Spying On You

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Don't talk near your spy-phone.
Have a case made that block the mic but still let's you hear the ringer.
edit on 8-7-2018 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Years ago, Apple admitted that they recorded way more data on people such as GPS locations and where they were at certain times, without their permission.

CIA, FBI, MI5 all say that a cell phone from a criminal is the best tool they have to track whereabouts at certain times.

Yes, your cell phone has been spying on you. And most sensible people have known this for years.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Damn it! Those freaking jerks! There was a lot of stuff I was doing that I didn't want anyone to see... I have cheated on my wife. A LOT.

I'm kidding, I'm not married, but I was wondering... what if A savvy hacker or NSA worker compiled several searchable database lists with screen captured evidence, titled CHEATER, DRUG DEALER, PEDOPHILE, SECRETLY GAY, CORRUPT, THEIF, CREEPY, CRIMINAL, MURDERER, RAPIST, etc and created a free website where everyone in the world could search anyone's name and find out all of their secrets? Ok obviously that would probably take more than one person, and there are a lotnof difficulties they would have to overcome, but, maybe in 10 years or less, A.I. could decide to do it. I could see A.I. deciding that the best thing for humanity would be to undo as much deceit as possible...but then again, a.i. is programmed by humans... But maybe it's not true A.I., maybe it's just a super fast quantum computer or something that makes it so a few clever humans could accomplish the task?

I think we would realize that there are a lot more freaks and addicts and etc than we thought. I also think it would do a lot of good. How much has our privacy cost us as a society? I would not want an end to privacy, but, maybe a big equalizing reveal every 50 years or so could be good... then again it could be really bad, when you consider national security and state secrets. But, most of the real secrets would not be on a mobile device connected to a public network.

I think we would find out, not just suspect but Really find out, how Natural and Common of a thing it is to lie to each other, constantly. And why do we lie? Fear of judgement or other consequences mostly. But, maybe it would be a little more difficult to judge others, if all our dirty laundry were aired at once.

I never got to see the final episode of Mr Robot season one, and my On Demand had every episode Except the last one, and I just never got around to seeing it... Because of that, I refused to watch Season 2, and I don't even know if it continued beyond that... BUT, I thought it was badass how he would use his hacking skills to expose pedophiles, and get them arrested.

edit on 7/10/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

what if A savvy hacker or NSA worker compiled several searchable database lists with screen captured evidence, titled CHEATER, DRUG DEALER, PEDOPHILE, SECRETLY GAY, CORRUPT, THEIF, CREEPY, CRIMINAL, MURDERER, RAPIST, etc and created a free website where everyone in the world could search anyone's name and find out all of their secrets?

Isaac Asimov wrote about something very similar back in the 1950s called The Dead Past. Coincidentally, or not, is was written during the McCarthy era when government was into people's private lives and citizens were encouraged to report their neighbours.

I could see A.I. deciding that the best thing for humanity would be to undo as much deceit as possible...but then again, a.i. is programmed by humans...I think we would realize that there are a lot more freaks and addicts and etc than we thought. I also think it would do a lot of good.

You're assuming the AI and society would be on your side. What happens if you are the 'freak?' Or you have kids and one of them is 'SECRETLY GAY?' Maybe AI tags you as 'CREEPY' and you're stuck with it. Is that a lot of good? It didn't go so well under COINTELPRO. Speaking of McCarthy and COINTELPRO, look how easy it was to use government powers for wrong.

All that metadata on global servers is ideal for Hitlers, Hoovers, McCarthys, Stalins and any far-left/far-right nightmare government that gains power.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

My phone has witnessed high levels of my
depravity. And I was kinda hoping this was
true.

I'll let your imagination take it from there.
edit on Ram71118v21201800000011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join