It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Gang' of rhino poachers mauled to death by pride of lions after breaking into game reserve

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Lets all eat a bald eagle.

I prefer mine with white sweet potatoes, and a crisp caesar salad. And i dont care if it makes me a racist: you havent even lived until youve tried white sweet potatoes.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Why do I think they were killed and fed to the lions?

If they were poachers, I have no problem with either scenario.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
It's the ciiiiiiiircle of liiiiife!!!

Sing it with me.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The Lions fine, not so sure about the hunters and their pride though.

edit on 6-7-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Two things come to mind.

1) I have a buddy, ex spec ops Iraq and Afghanistan, who spent a few months last year with a couple other ex spec ops friends riding a chopper and "apprehending" rhino poachers in South Africa. Knowing how my friend rolls, I was thinking this was very bad for the poachers there, but now I know there are worse things than crazy x-gru hunting you for kicks!

2) Speaking of lions, ever see this video? If you listen closely you can hear one of the hunters scream like a girl when the lion reaches them. Amazing animals. It must have taken a minimum of 3 or 4 shots and kept going.

EDIT to remove superfluous video: Poster above beat me to my favorite lion video.

edit on 6-7-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
You get hit by lions in the night, your guns are useless. You will be cat food real quick.
edit on 6-7-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
the title of this thread reminds me of the movie Avatar. "Ewa has heard you!"

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

If they had guns to take down rhinos a lion wouldn't have stood a chance

Your faith in guns is disturbing, and retarded.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

If they had guns to take down rhinos a lion wouldn't have stood a chance

Your faith in guns is disturbing, and retarded.

The Idiots using them were too stupid to do it during the daytime where they could see them and avoid them. The guns worked fine,but the ones using them did not.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This is just awesome news. I am an animal lover and these people got exactly what they deserved. Bonus meal for the lions, although I`m sure snippy people taste like snip.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Because they are endangered Giraffe nearing extinction Lets all eat a bald eagle. Anyone killing a endangered nearing extinction animal is just pure filth...and their supporters.

This particular subspecies is not on the endangered list. One of the founders of the Giraffe Conservation Foundation made this statement:

“The giraffe in the photo is of the South African species Giraffa giraffe, which are not rare – they are increasing in the wild,” Julian Fennessy, Ph.D., co-founder of the Giraffe Conservation Foundation told Yahoo Lifestyle. “Legal hunting of giraffe is not a reason for their decline, despite the moral and ethical side of it which is a different story.”

We discussed many of the practical and moral aspects of that hunt in this thread. It's quite enlightening.

-dex

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   
This National Geographic article has some interesting info about how game reserves are managed. It makes this point:

Such close proximity to animals is rarely allowed, at least legally, on national parks around the world. But the rules are often much more blurred on private reserves, where governments often have less legal or practical oversight. On public lands, guides must often follow strict codes that require them to stay on paths, avoid baiting and disrupting wildlife’s natural activities, and keep at safe distances. Sometimes private reserves have their own codes, but they are rarely standard and aren’t always followed, says Honey.

So, it's likely that there is no applicable law that requires the animals to be euthanized. However, the article also goes on to say:

It’s currently unclear what happened to the lion after the attack. Honey says in many cases the big cat would be shot.

In 2015 a lion attacked and killed a US tourist who had the window down on her safari vehicle. In that case, the article quotes management of that park:

The lion responsible for the attack will not be euthanized, but could be moved to a private location, Simpson told ABC News.

Given that the park in question is a privately owned reserve, and the lions did the owners a favor, I doubt they will be euthanized. In fact, if some of the conspiracy theories proposed in this thread are true, the owners now have a trained poacher body disposal squad at their disposal.

-dex

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I'm going to (only ever so slightly) play devils advocate here.
I am a huge animal lover and have always hated poachers. But having worked in Zimbabwe for last 3 years, I learned that 'not all' poachers are callous evil b*****ds, some of them are just very very desparate hungry people trying to feed their family.
I'm not justifying ANY type poaching, but just wanted to share how my opinion on poachers has changed a little from experience. 👍🏻

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake When people are starving,can`t feed their families and have no jobs,or social safety net like western countries,what else can they do?You brought out a side that people should consider,life for people there is worlds harder than most of us on this site.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Reading this it was assumed they were attacked at night, lions can leap in excess of 30 feet.

Even if they were hit during the daylight we're talking about a large pride, lions also run fast too. Not much a few machetes and high-powered bolt action rifles can do. Lions are ambush predators too. I imagine shooting at them would've been counterproductive to the chance of survival.

Yeah... They got what they deserved.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
The Lions fine, not so sure about the hunters and their pride though.
Start at about :40...dude on the left shot the dude on the right.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I'm entertaining the idea that the lion pride that ate the poachers witnessed the poachers in recent past.
Stressed meat gives off that gamey taste.
Food chain.
Humans probably taste pretty good especially if they're under stress at the time of kill?
It'll be nifty to learn lions protect their food from money grabbers

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Yey ... Go lions

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ridgerunner
a reply to: FinallyAwake When people are starving,can`t feed their families and have no jobs,or social safety net like western countries,what else can they do?You brought out a side that people should consider,life for people there is worlds harder than most of us on this site.

Exactly dude, it was just another part of my heavy ignorance that I've reconsidered.

Actually I've only just realised that I've been fighting my own ignorance for 12 years now. I've still got a long way to go, but I only just realised that ATS's motto is actually what I am striving for in life. Lol wow, talk about catching on late! 🤣
Btw my dad is possibly in the top 10 of the most ignorant people in the world, i realised i was becoming more and more like him when I was about 30,then everything started to change. I listen and respect more now. X

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Reading this story the other day made me SO happy.

Glad for the lions and super happy the poachers were eaten alive.

I have no patience or tolerance for anyone who hunts and kills our creatures without good reason. Reason being you're starving to death and have absolutely no choice. You know that show with those people who live out in the middle of nowhere in Alaska? F them! Pick up your # and move closer to a grocery store man!

I detest anyone who hunts for sport and anyone who harms an animal for any reason. We're supposed to take care of these creatures, not stick their heads on our walls.

Can we talk about the way in which they torture, abuse and kill dogs and cats in places like India and China? Sick #s... With any luck huge earthquakes followed by huge tsunami's will just take out those parts of the world, along with the animals who will suffer horrible deaths anyways.

Yay lions...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join